Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Neutral Newbie

Bros, I also tried to buy from Proton Authorized Parts Dealer in KL... They tried to sell me the whole assembly as well... But I told them my car less than 6 months old... so the guy say just change the rubber blade. Of cuz, he did not use a proton part... he just took from another brand with same length and change the rubber part...cost me RM10 only... hehe... Btw, I finally figured out how to take out the Blade assembly back in KL... tot had to unscrew the arm initially... hahaha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, yes, I had that... last servicing (@ 10k) sent back to TTS and complain about that... they said they did some alignment to the rubber... say issue resolved... when i collect car, heavy rain... so did not check much... but then after a few days, noticed the wind noise is back... I am so going to screw Adrain the next time i see him... now i busy with work, no time to "play" with them... when i got for my 20k servicing, i am prepared to take 1 week leave to play with them... &$^%%$#

Bros, do anyone of u experience a squeaking sound when turning your Exora steering wheel. If u do, may I ask what is the cause and any rectifications? I tried spraying WD40 at the point between the steering wheel and the steering wheel bracket, but the squeaking still persist. <_< Thanks!

Edited by Coolpica

Bros, do anyone of u experience a squeaking sound when turning your Exora steering wheel. If u do, may I ask what is the cause and any rectifications? I tried spraying WD40 at the point between the steering wheel and the steering wheel bracket, but the squeaking still persist. <_< Thanks!

Bro. My also same. More obvious when parking. Will just leave it alone. No more warranty. Not going back to tts. Maybe when going back to Melaka will let proton edar have a look.

check and see if when reversing straight or reversing while right or reversing while turning left... if only one directiong most likely it could shaft head.. try doing a max right turn and move the car at a big empty space like want to u turn, and do a full left turn and see if got this sound... if its shaft the sound will come out at max turn...when it gets louder then go fix

Sis, the sound appears when turning, left or right. Like what bro Panhard said, it is more prominent during parking or when stationary. The sound is pretty soft when on the road.

bros,

another noob question. Today drove my car to run some errands. The engine was working non stop for about 2 hours. When I reached home, and turned off the engine, the radiator sudedenly turned on by itself. This is the first time I encountered such situation. Anyone encountered the same situation before?? Is this normal? After waiting for a while, I turned on the engine again and switched it off. This time round the fan stopped totally. By the way, my radiator fan has been replaced under the Proton voluntary recall exercise.

Edited by Coolpica

ya, am wondering if the engine is too hot since it had not stopped for about 2 hours, plus the hot weather. but the temperature gauge showed 3 bars, which is usual. Hence am puzzled too.

bros,

another noob question. Today drove my car to run some errands. The engine was working non stop for about 2 hours. When I reached home, and turned off the engine, the radiator sudedenly turned on by itself. This is the first time I encountered such situation. Anyone encountered the same situation before?? Is this normal? After waiting for a while, I turned on the engine again and switched it off. This time round the fan stopped totally. By the way, my radiator fan has been replaced under the Proton voluntary recall exercise.

This is quite a normal feature for CFE engine.

But if your ride is a CPS, read the sharing from Shorty and Panhard during Jan13 in the below page.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry4753103

Bro, yes i saw the discussion between bro panhard and shorty. My situation is slightly different. My radiator fan has been replaced under the 1st owner as verified by TTS. My tempearture gauge shows 3 bars, which is norm. I have done a visual check on the coolant level which is near full. This evening I checked under the car, no leakage of fluids. Hence I find it puzzling. The only causes I can attribute to are the non stop driving of about 2 hours and the hot weather. If it happens again, shall send in to service centre.

Turbocharged

By right i dont think it is of much concern. As some hv pointed out earlier, it is the fan working to cool down the engine since car is no longer moving but still hot.

• Praise 1

Bro how did u discover or check that the radiator fan is loose? The fan is all black, pretty difficult to see.

Edited by Coolpica

bros,

Bro, just curious to know. After the replacement of the radiator fan during recall exercise.Is it more quiet?

• Praise 1

ya, am wondering if the engine is too hot since it had not stopped for about 2 hours, plus the hot weather. but the temperature gauge showed 3 bars, which is usual. Hence am puzzled too.

From my understanding with other makes. Some system design, allow fans to run a while even after switching off .

This is to allow sufficient cooling when engine temp is still high. But this may not necessary mean that your car is overheating.

Just ensure that when this happens again that fan stops after a while or your battery may be drained flat.

Having said that, if this happens too often or on cool weather conditions. Do have your fan relay checked!