Proton Exora#2

SGXora

brothers, considering a used exora cps in the market now as quite attractively priced.

can help with these few questions? especially those driving cps.

1) Whats the FC km/l you exprience?

2) Pickup power? of course cannot fight with CFE... but is it reasonable or crawling like snail and need to ram high rpm to pick up?

3) Seen some brothers here have many problems with the car, is it isolated to a few cars or most of the cps parts breakdown easily within 3 years?

Any other things to look out for?

And anyone knows if I convert from OPC to normal plate, all the parf and omv and coe all back to like a normal car?

(edited)

brothers, considering a used exora cps in the market now as quite attractively priced.

My average FC is about 10km/l. 50% Highway 50% City Driving. Mostly on SPC Levo 95

2) Pickup power? of course cannot fight with CFE... but is it reasonable or crawling like snail and need to ram high rpm to pick up?

Yes, pickup is relatively slower as compared to saloon cars. You need to ram to 2500rpm before the power kicks in. Rarely have to do that as traffic in Singapore is getting congested. <_<

3) Seen some brothers here have many problems with the car, is it isolated to a few cars or most of the cps parts breakdown easily within 3 years?

Mine is less than 3 years, so far ok. Guess most of the parts changed are wear and tear, which is expected for cars above 3 years.

Any other things to look out for?

This car is HUGE! Install a reverse camera if possible. Try to get end 2010 batch onwards as most problems detected earlier have been resolved.

And anyone knows if I convert from OPC to normal plate, all the parf and omv and coe all back to like a normal car?

Yes. U are right on that. Mine was a OPC, which I converted to normal plate. After I paid the pro-rated amount to LTA, Parf and COE are back to norm. Don't think OMV is not affected, whether the car is OPC or not.

Hope the above help. Enjoy your ride should u purchase one. ^_^

Edited by Coolpica

Thinking of trading in my Exora (yr 2009) for the new one. Any advice and how much do I have to pay?...sorry still a rookie in this issue.

From the Proton promotion stated here:-

Promotion at Proton Singapore

Hotline: 67435885

Turbocharged driving now made affordable with Proton Preve and Exora at $94,999 and $105,999 respectively.

Get the best of both worlds with Proton as you enjoy amazing performance without burning a hole in your pocket. Whether you're eyeing the much-desired Proton Exora with 185km/h top speed, or the freshly minted 7-speed Proton Preve CFE CVT, get a powerful yet affordable automobile that bolts across the roads with graceful ease and maneuverability.

Proton Preve CFE CVT Fuel consumption: 8.9L/100km, CO2 emission: 205g/km.

Proton Exore CFE CVT Fuel consumption: 8.6L/100km, CO2 emission: 205g/km.

Test the Proton Turbo power today.

Bro,

I don't think it will fetch a high price, given the climate of 2nd car market. With the money received from trade in, u would need to settle your current loan, if any. Thereafter any money left could be put as downpayment. With the current loan ruling u need about $42k as downpayment, based on $106k. For more accurate calculation, u can see the calculator here

http://www.sgcarmart.com/services/loan_cal...mp;Subcode=3195

Edited by Coolpica

The replacement for my Car's Dim Brake light arrived and TTS replaced it for me.

For the jerking issue, they have already updated the ECU and TCU to latest version but the jerking still persists.

So they are now suspecting that it is due to a Petrol Valve (which is a common issue giving trouble for some 2012 earlier release CFE) so ordered for replacement.

Will update the results after replacement.

Replaced the valve 2 days back.

Seems like the jerking problem got resolved :D

Will drive more this weekend to see the results.....

Neutral Newbie

Replaced the valve 2 days back.

Seems like the jerking problem got resolved :D

Will drive more this weekend to see the results.....

*thumb up* [thumbsup]

Hi bros, does anyone of u experience a 'tiak' sound when pressing on the brakes when reversing, ie u stop the car, engage reverse gear, release the brakes and when u press the brakes again while reversing, the sound would appear. TIA.

my clock display failed. Bought part @RM103 (proton edar)

Took car to my regular accessory shop here in Melaka.

Charged me only RM5 to replace.

Part -country of origin - CHINA ??? :wacko:

image-4.jpg

image-9.jpg

Since will be in melaka till sunday.

will source for a oem radiator fan which runs much quieter.

Since my last replacement of all the belts & tensioners, my engine now runs super quiet thus making the radiator sound super loud when it cuts in.

Will also go for tyre rotation,balance & alignment at my regular tyre shop.

Hi bros, does anyone of u experience a 'tiak' sound when pressing on the brakes when reversing, ie u stop the car, engage reverse gear, release the brakes and when u press the brakes again while reversing, the sound would appear. TIA.

Not on mine...did you do any thing on the brakes recently?

Thinking of trading in my Exora (yr 2009) for the new one. Any advice and how much do I have to pay?...sorry still a rookie in this issue.

From the Proton promotion stated here:-

Promotion at Proton Singapore

Hotline: 67435885

Turbocharged driving now made affordable with Proton Preve and Exora at $94,999 and $105,999 respectively.

Get the best of both worlds with Proton as you enjoy amazing performance without burning a hole in your pocket. Whether you're eyeing the much-desired Proton Exora with 185km/h top speed, or the freshly minted 7-speed Proton Preve CFE CVT, get a powerful yet affordable automobile that bolts across the roads with graceful ease and maneuverability.

Proton Preve CFE CVT Fuel consumption: 8.9L/100km, CO2 emission: 205g/km.

Proton Exore CFE CVT Fuel consumption: 8.6L/100km, CO2 emission: 205g/km.

Test the Proton Turbo power today.

Bro. my take is this...

It your current car is fine, just use first.

Currently, not wise to change any car cos car system still in process of change.

Try not to be caught in the cross fire.

Too much to lose.

Just my 2 cents..😁

Answers to your questions:

1. Average 9-9.5(50%city & highway)

The trick is use 30w engine oil to achieve best FC for exora

2. The campro cps basically is a hard revving engine. But because sound insulation is pretty bad on the exora.

The engine sounds very loud when pick up. For me no issues even when I have full load of 7 adults.

3. I would say the exora is pretty well build. So far the items that are failing are thesupplier items which have life span & are subject to wear & tear.

Mine already 3 years. No major faults or breakdown.

Just make sure you do the routine service on time & use genuine parts and a reliable mechanic.

Nope. Was told by Proton Singapore that the previous owner had changed the brake pads to oem. So I suspect the pads are causing the sound when rubbing against the rotor.

Edited by Coolpica

Get your brake pads changed...

I bought original brakepads and got it changed once, and the brake pads was making some strange sounds... after 1000km, I change a new pair, and the sound gone.... dunno why also

• Praise 1

Nope. Was told by Proton Singapore that the previous owner had changed the brake pads to oem. So I suspect the pads are causing the sound when rubbing against the rotor.

Oem pads will usually squeak more and emit more dust on rims. Original pads are best.

Closest to the original and fraction of the price is the bendix which is the in between.