• 50-60k
    • 60-70k
    • 70-80k
    • 80-90k
    • 90-100k
    • >100k

so ... the lowest bid set the price is a FLAW

you bid $100k, you pay $100k

close biding and pay as you bid is the best system to drive down coe ... at least got advantage and no disadvantage compare to current method ... $1 is possible

the bidding result still can be published openly ... ie: highest bid, lowest bid, median bid, etc so that everyone know why they did not get their coe

but ... $1 coe is not "you know who" intention ... loss of billion dollar income

and one should not misunderstand that $1 coe means more car on the road

every bid quota is fix

$1 coe or $100k coe ... the same number of coe is issued for that month

it's just whether we ... pay $1 or $100k and "you know who" collect $1 or $100K

or can set minimum bid $10K ... then at least "you know who" would have a minimum collection for that month ...

base on this round cat a + b + open x $10K (min bid) = $9.17M ... not good enough? this is the minimum collection ... sure exceed $10M la ... bei sai?

Actually this is supposed to be how bidding works. Just that for bid ADs, with the high volume of bids they need to put in, it is not feasible for them to bid inch by inch hence they put in a high amount at the start and waiting for the small dealers to "save" them.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Actually this is supposed to be how bidding works. Just that for bid ADs, with the high volume of bids they need to put in, it is not feasible for them to bid inch by inch hence they put in a high amount at the start and waiting for the small dealers to "save" them.

ya i heard thats wat theyve been doing ever since quota has been cut, just keep driving up coe n make others chase them or else cannot even sell. This is beneficial coz they make most $ frm financing deals, so 100% loans n rising coe = huat for them. Now some of them like VW n BMW still huat as they still offering 100% loans. By right garmen shld tackle this specific brands w inhouse financing, coz d other minor players dont influencing coe prices as much

Supercharged

over 10k lohhhhh.....

Bidding status as at 13/03/2013 09:56:41.00 hrs

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) 10,001 336 534

B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 2,889 326 425

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 225 20

D MOTORCYCLE 1 510 181

E OPEN 1 255 140

Edited by Xers007

over 10k lohhhhh.....

Bidding status as at 13/03/2013 09:56:41.00 hrs

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) 10,001 336 534

B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 2,889 326 425

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 225 20

D MOTORCYCLE 1 510 181

E OPEN 1 255 140

which means those ADs want to kill those car price dropped 30k AD, such as BM [laugh]

Edited by Quantum

I suggest car buyers should bid their own coe and this must be paid in cash without loans.

Then with coe secured, they can go and buy their car with 100% loan allowable.

When buyer bid their own coe with cash, they will bid according to what they can afford, there is incentives to bid as low as possible. This should keep coe accurate to demand.

I suggest car buyers should bid their own coe and this must be paid in cash without loans.

Then with coe secured, they can go and buy their car with 100% loan allowable.

When buyer bid their own coe with cash, they will bid according to what they can afford, there is incentives to bid as low as possible. This should keep coe accurate to demand.

Can post your suggestion at Starits Fimes forum or write to LTY directly?

which means those ADs want to kill those car price dropped 30k AD, such as BM [laugh]

If COE goes too high, those ADs expecting low COE can simply don't bid as it is always 6 bids non guaranteed.

Later can still ask buyers to top up, ADs always win with high margins.

Best thing for consumers is to stop committing to their high price high COE package, bid own COE and force ADs to reduce price

haha ... one of the best wishful thinking ... Like [thumbsup]

may the force be with you ... lolz

If COE goes too high, those ADs expecting low COE can simply don't bid as it is always 6 bids non guaranteed.

Later can still ask buyers to top up, ADs always win with high margins.

Best thing for consumers is to stop committing to their high price high COE package, bid own COE and force ADs to reduce price

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged

I think need a few months before we can see if the new measures will lower COE. The ADs still got alot of backlog right? Those who signed before the new rules.

Twincharged

I think need a few months before we can see if the new measures will lower COE. The ADs still got alot of backlog right? Those who signed before the new rules.

Twincharged

Twincharged

Neutral Newbie

i thought this round of bidding will not be indicative at all...

there are still lots of back log so we wont see the true effect of CM1

Twincharged

↡ Advertisement