• 50-60k
    • 60-70k
    • 70-80k
    • 80-90k
    • 90-100k
    • >100k

I am as baffled as you are.

What I reckoned happened was:

- ADs put in high bids for their customers, skali tio and they cannot or forgot to revise downwards (someone pls clarify: if during bid, can a bidder purposely disqualify himself by revising his bid to lower price than the premium at that time of bidding and chiong for Open cat?)

-ADs have already locked in the price range when they sold the cars, so no loss for them.

- ADs are worried about holding too many Open cat COE from this round - it's cash down the drain if they cannot move any car.

- ADs think premiums for all categories are going to fall further during next round, so why waste money?

If I am not wrong. Someone correct me if I am, this is what I read.

Cat a and b for dealer to bid there must be a buyer. I.e a car buyer that have register the intend and allow the dealer to bid on his/her behalf. Because the Coe in these cat are not transferable.

While the open cat is transferable. So the dealer can without a buyer bid for that and later when someone want to buy car can use this to register. But note that normally there is a Coe rebate clause. Not sure if it is written, if the corresponding open cat value is less than the rebate value I think the dealer need to honor and give u back the rebate - Coe value.

And for the dealer to use the open cat this means u are not successful in the other cat Coe bid. Btw u cannot revise down.

↡ Advertisement

These group of buyers are going in last minute do so knowingly that they are likely buying at the peak. Rationale is to get the high loan and avoid heavy downpayment. The drop in COE subsequently would be the price to pay for taking this loan. Really get stucked big time with a long-term loan and non-disposable car (with hugh loss in value).

tell that to the SKJ n SKK plate cat b drivers... all kena sai big time.

More than 329 bought Cat A cars at above 70k rebate with huge loan before 26 Feb. They got their Cat A Coe at 74K today but will regret after 27 March. Cat A will plunge to below 50K next few rounds.

Thats for sure.

My estimate is below $40k

More than 329 bought Cat A cars at above 70k rebate with huge loan before 26 Feb. They got their Cat A Coe at 74K today but will regret after 27 March. Cat A will plunge to below 50K next few rounds.

Thats for sure.

Thats for sure.

Maybe even got chance to be even much lower if property CM9 comes in.

Interest rate up will be restrictive to a lot of cashflow.....

wait till May ... another 2-3 biddings will flush out all kan cheong spider

cat b ... no $20k coe no buy

huat ah !!! lolz ....

Was eyeing an E250, few months back C&C quote 245k, will the price drop now?

Take a look at all the PI cars in sgcarmart, price look delicious siah. Wonder if there is any things fishy? Will they entice you with cheap price, take your deposit, and then close down?

These group of buyers are going in last minute do so knowingly that they are likely buying at the peak. Rationale is to get the high loan and avoid heavy downpayment. The drop in COE subsequently would be the price to pay for taking this loan. Really get stucked big time with a long-term loan and non-disposable car (with hugh loss in value).

yes they are going in nevertheless [:)]

Was eyeing an E250, few months back C&C quote 245k, will the price drop now?

Simple math using the 245k minus the Coe price today will tell u that rice will drop.

A tip for you.. Merc is making 30+k profit from you.. Negotiate with them on reducing this profit into final price

Today at 630pm listen to fm95.8.. Got a guest speaker, some president of motor trade talking about Coe. He said catB at today level already very low.. Will not drop much more, good time buy car now. KNN.. I remember when Coe was 90+k, he said Voe will to up further, and may not drop back due to Coe quota cut, better hurry buy car..

At that time I feel like calling in to suan him..

Today at 630pm listen to fm95.8.. Got a guest speaker, some president of motor trade talking about Coe. He said catB at today level already very low.. Will not drop much more, good time buy car now. KNN.. I remember when Coe was 90+k, he said Voe will to up further, and may not drop back due to Coe quota cut, better hurry buy car..

At that time I feel like calling in to suan him..

Well said. I notice this chap simply fart thru his mouth.