• 30-40k
    • 40-50k
    • 50-60k
    • 60-70k
    • 70-80k
    • 80-90k
    • 90-100k
    • >100k

Damn! i should have bidded for that instead [mad] Thanks!

I know it bec my Coe is open Cat 18k.. But catA Coe actually 15k.

You don't have to feel ai wan.. Bec open Cat usually higher than Cat A or B... Today Coe is ezctipnal.. When did CatA become so much more expensive than CatB before?

Neutral Newbie

Hyundai 's new price list : Cat A base on 50k COE rebate and Cat B base on 60k COE rebate.

They and most expect Cat A COE to drop and Cat B remain the same next round.

some Cat A cars may have higher OMV in future...those small puny engines with turbo. F1 car also 1.6L next year.

Ya.. My new C180 is also a super turbo charge. But for now, the price is almost $200k. I believe many richer, may go for this range.

Today at 630pm listen to fm95.8.. Got a guest speaker, some president of motor trade talking about Coe. He said catB at today level already very low.. Will not drop much more, good time buy car now. KNN.. I remember when Coe was 90+k, he said Voe will to up further, and may not drop back due to Coe quota cut, better hurry buy car..

At that time I feel like calling in to suan him..

Looks like the COE price range will stay around 50K to 60K level from now?! [:/]

There's this Chinese idiom story about a monkey owner. Initially he fed the monkeys 4 bananas in the morning and 3 in the evening. All the monkeys became not happy and make lots of noise. Later the owner changes to giving the monkeys 3 bananas in the morning, and 4 in the evening... Hey!!! All the monkeys now so happy and singing songs to praise the clever owner for taking such good care of them...

[laugh] [laugh] Very good story telling. As for now, the owner will only fed monkeys 4 bananas in the morning and 3 in the evening. The latter have yet to announce.

If LTA balance out the COE (keeping the extra supply of COE in the comming boom years for low supply years), the long term trend might be about 30-40K kind of range.

Maybe pple think that kpkb can change the policy to suit their needs.... err sorry wants.

Before this cm came out, pple kbkp abt high coe.

Hiaz... very hard to satisfy all pple leh.

Maybe next rd, just fix coe at $50k for cat A, $80K for cat B, pay cash first then u can buy the car. Ha ha ha

If LTA balance out the COE (keeping the extra supply of COE in the comming boom years for low supply years), the long term trend might be about 30-40K kind of range.

IMO, at least for the moment the new MAS measures appear to be steps in the right direction to curb running up of highly-geared COE prices.

If LTA does a good job further in balancing and stablizing the supply in the future, this will lead to stable and sustainable COE prices which is a good thing.

still got one big loophole

many car dealer still giving out in-house financing >70%-80% and >5 years loan ... bo tai chi one

just interest rate higher only

IMO, at least for the moment the new MAS measures appear to be steps in the right direction to curb running up of highly-geared COE prices.

If LTA does a good job further in balancing and stablizing the supply in the future, this will lead to stable and sustainable COE prices which is a good thing.

Edited by Wt_know

those who are wondering why cat A is higher, it is simply becoz the dealers are trying to clear all backlog orders as many as possible, but they will not bid lower than agreed COE rebate price, if i m not wrong most dealers were offering 72k to 78k rebate;otherwise it will eat into their profit margin. Anyway it is the carrot head who pay for it not them. see the new price list and that cb head of motor trade still dare to tell CAT B will not fall further? talk cok no need to pay money is it.

But seeing how CAT b is dropping you already know once these orders are expired or cleared and when CAT A starts to drop, it will only be more furious.

btw some dealers are now offering packages without COE already. maybe next step they will come out some kind of help you bid at your comfortable COE level scheme, you input how much you want to bid they will bid for you.

well said [thumbsup]

dealers are crooks ... period

all come out said ... new rules hammer middle class buyer as they cannot buy luxury car due to ARF

hence, all buy small car resulting cat A coe stays at $74k

they are the one bidding fiercely to clear orders and since already set the coe rebate, it's like sure a fire thing liao ... what not to bid ... else cannot fulfill orders

when the new order soften ... see what is cat A coe level

not all middle class want to buy luxury car. they did because coe is damn high. a camry is about $170k ... walao might as well stretch to $190k for a entry level conti right

don't treat car buyer/owner stooopid ... we not stoopid

eventually, cat B coe will still higher than cat A ... that's the logical explanation due to cat B car more expensive and margin also higher ... else cat A probably trailing cat B just like when coe was $90k

this round is due to dealer clear backlog for buyers die die want 100% loan else cannot buy with no cash downpayment

those who are wondering why cat A is higher, it is simply becoz the dealers are trying to clear all backlog orders as many as possible, but they will not bid lower than agreed COE rebate price, if i m not wrong most dealers were offering 72k to 78k rebate;otherwise it will eat into their profit margin. Anyway it is the carrot head who pay for it not them. see the new price list and that cb head of motor trade still dare to tell CAT B will not fall further? talk cok no need to pay money is it.

But seeing how CAT b is dropping you already know once these orders are expired or cleared and when CAT A starts to drop, it will only be more furious.

btw some dealers are now offering packages without COE already. maybe next step they will come out some kind of help you bid at your comfortable COE level scheme, you input how much you want to bid they will bid for you.

Edited by Wt_know

Today at 630pm listen to fm95.8.. Got a guest speaker, some president of motor trade talking about Coe. He said catB at today level already very low.. Will not drop much more, good time buy car now. KNN.. I remember when Coe was 90+k, he said Voe will to up further, and may not drop back due to Coe quota cut, better hurry buy car..

At that time I feel like calling in to suan him..

Frankly speaking, creditability of a speaker is already lost.

It doesnt reflect well either on the person/body who still invite him to give an opinion.

Frankly speaking, creditability of a speaker is already lost.

It doesnt reflect well either on the person/body who still invite him to give an opinion.

Same credibility when they ask a housing agent to comment about housing prices. No matter what the market condition is, the best time to buy is always NOW. <_<

Same credibility when they ask a housing agent to comment about housing prices. No matter what the market condition is, the best time to buy is always NOW. <_<

no leh, that is not a good agent. good ones will tell you the best time was last year before cooling measures (e.g. they give u some facts u cannot deny), but aiya dun worry only for u leh i have hot reserves on hand now buy still not too late but next week i will sell to others (then lie to u to make a rush decision. they nvr tell that you have to buy, it is ur anxiety told u not to miss boat)! i guess same applies for cars. they will use ur anxiety and ur desire, sell u the dream at a cheaper price than wat you've expected. only thing they wont tell u is cheap can become cheaper, if you can manage the 'beast' within.