• 40-50k
    • 50-60k
    • 60-70k
    • 70-80k
    • 80-90k
    • 90-100k
    • >100k

Neutral Newbie

Today at 630pm listen to fm95.8.. Got a guest speaker, some president of motor trade talking about Coe. He said catB at today level already very low.. Will not drop much more, good time buy car now. KNN.. I remember when Coe was 90+k, he said Voe will to up further, and may not drop back due to Coe quota cut, better hurry buy car..

At that time I feel like calling in to suan him..

Maybe its the same guy who, in Jan this year, said that used car prices are stable, even if COE prices go sky high. Some high rank in the Vehicle Traders Association. He was mentioned in this news article (last two paragraphs): http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1246892/1/.html

In reality, some used car prices were marked up so high that some 3-4 year old cars were priced almost the same as when they were new! ie. bought a car for $X in late 2009, then in early 2013 sell the car for almost the same price ($X) it was bought for in late 2009!

He talks like a used car dealer. Maybe he is. Probably is.

↡ Advertisement

rebadge to 888 ... one and only in spore [laugh]

528 = Not easy to Huat...

You still want? [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

Hyundai 's new price list : Cat A base on 50k COE rebate and Cat B base on 60k COE rebate.

They and most expect Cat A COE to drop and Cat B remain the same next round.

But have they raised the selling price even after factoring in lower Coe? The Hyundai dealer earns one of the fattest profit margin around.. Cars have lowest omv bec they took out alot of features, yet selling price is the same as jap. Go talk to them and get the omv numbers and you will realize that they are making the same profit selling CatA car as jap CatB car.

Neutral Newbie

Today at 630pm listen to fm95.8.. Got a guest speaker, some president of motor trade talking about Coe. He said catB at today level already very low.. Will not drop much more, good time buy car now. KNN.. I remember when Coe was 90+k, he said Voe will to up further, and may not drop back due to Coe quota cut, better hurry buy car..

At that time I feel like calling in to suan him..

I never follow all this half past six analyst, just like stock investment if u trust them u go bankrupt. And there is one property analyst i think call Mr Mak, if u follow his prediction u be dead, they are just trend follower. Even children know how to forecast.

BM only dropped Camry prices by $18K only. Sheesh.

This probably translate into a COE of about $76k.

Thats what the dealer may bid if buyer take it at this price point.

So there we go for dealers setting the benchmark for CAT B next round...

Maybe its the same guy who, in Jan this year, said that used car prices are stable, even if COE prices go sky high. Some high rank in the Vehicle Traders Association. He was mentioned in this news article (last two paragraphs): http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1246892/1/.html

In reality, some used car prices were marked up so high that some 3-4 year old cars were priced almost the same as when they were new! ie. bought a car for $X in late 2009, then in early 2013 sell the car for almost the same price ($X) it was bought for in late 2009!

He talks like a used car dealer. Maybe he is. Probably is.

You are definitely right ... this Lemon guy is with YLS .... one of the bigger used car dealer around.

Are there good car/property agent ??? The main concern for many of them is when the customer sign on the dotted line. Do anyone seriously think that they care about whether it is a good time or bad time ? ..... For me, it is simple, got $$$ buy no $$$ LL.

Edited by Civic6228

please la. Super charged or Turbo Charged?

Merc where got Super turbo... Can Fly or not. [laugh]

What I meant is , the conti have eat into the CAT A. This are the lot that have little effect the COE price, as compare to CAT B. I know C180 is not a fast car. But compare to a normal 1.6 is better lah. [:p]

Yes, fact of the matter, car in Sgp has been expensive and will continue to be expensive. People like me like to discuss car stuff in MyCarForum because owning a car is always a dream. But it must be within my means.

As of now, I expect COE for cat A, B and Open to stabilized around $50k which of course is still expensive. Hopefully, for some unknown reasons, COE slip to $20 to $30k. One possibility is the sudden increase in the deregistering of 10 years old cars. I hope to extend my current Nov 2004 ride for another 10 years by end of next year......

↡ Advertisement