• 30-40k
    • 40-50k
    • 50-60k
    • 60-70k
    • 70-80k
    • 80-90k
    • 90-100k
    • >100k

It will never happen. Just look at the strong demand from self bidders.

Also altis is unlikely to be just $50,000 without COE.

Stop dreaming $1 COE.

$30,000 COE dreaming still realistic.

what will happened if COE $1 ?

will altis sell for $50,000

and wish sell for $80,000 ? lol

then everyone rush in? and jack up coe again [rolleyes]

Guide us thru how much would you bid?

Since some will be stupid to bid $1.

Many other will be clever like you bid higher $.

But how much is the reasonable level?

Can anybody who are trying their luck for cheap COE be so stupid to bid $1?

I would bid much more than $1.

Guide us thru how much would you bid?

Since some will be stupid to bid $1.

Many other will be clever like you bid higher $.

But how much is the reasonable level?

I do not think I am smart, just that bidding $1 is guranteed to fail, hence a stupid action. Just bid $2 lah. You lose the admin fees, time and locking up of $10000. And the bolded sentence below.

Any figure other than $1 since $1 is almost an impossible outcome for this round, or near future.

The reason is that tons of on-watchers will be coming in with bids above $1 at the last minute if it stays at $1. I know for a fact many people around me are in this category, myself included.

Even if the outcome is $1, you will secure your coe at $1 with a bid of $2 or higher.

Think about it. If you are really interested in a low coe and bidded $1 (without revision) and the outcome is $2, $100 or even $1000. Wouldn't you be pissed?

I would set for myself the final price of the car i wanted, then work backwards to derive the max coe i am willing to pay. If this is $5000, then this will be the price i will bid. If i secure my coe, i will pay $5000 or less.

I do think the coes will not crash to such a low level so soon.

Still don't understand y ppl still think this round will have $1 $10 cheap Coe.. Maybe u said next month onwards I agree but this round if drop till 40k range will be really good..

Unless got major crisis until nobody buying car, else $1 is so impossible.

My guess is 50k to 60k, really a tricky one this time.

Bid $1 waste $, how much is the application fee ? Think can buy mcd meal at least.

$1 hopefuls still coming in one by one.

Small increments in number of bidders most likely indicate individual bidders.

COE Open Bidding

Bidding will end on 13/03/2013 16:00 hrs

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 12/03/2013 13:32:56.00 HRS

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) 1 336 243

B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 1 326 220

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 225 3

D MOTORCYCLE 1 510 98

E OPEN 1 255 44

Source: Land Transport Authority

So your level is around $5,000. Thanks.

If many think likewise, then the strike price will be $5,000++.

The one way for it to occur, is for ALL the ADs to submit less than 336(Cat.A) and 326(cat.B) numbers of bids respectively.

Due to backlogs, not going to happen this week.

Ideally, just need most car buyers were to cooperate, and continue to show strong self-bidding intentions(like this week) for the new few months, and not to sign packaged deals with AD , there will come a time when AD will have lesser bookings than the COE quota.

I would set for myself the final price of the car i wanted, then work backwards to derive the max coe i am willing to pay. If this is $5000, then this will be the price i will bid. If i secure my coe, i will pay $5000 or less.

I do think the coes will not crash to such a low level so soon.

There may be a six months spread out possibility, especially if the car stocks are not arriving yet.

The strong 'surge' in car demand last week may mainly be a reaction to the stringent rule, especially those who die die want 100% loans would rush in to buy.

Thus front-loading the demand curve, giving a false sense that VW or any other AD can still maintain the 200car sales inbetween biding period?

We shall see the second march bidding outcome.

The ADs already secured quite a number of orders.. VW already needs more than 200 coe. So I don't think it will be $1

Normally on Wednesday until like 1pm, the bids received still very low one. Something like 100-200 only. All wait until last minute then bid. But today is one day before closing and the bids received like almost hit quota already. Probably like what everyone say its many individual bidders hoping COE price will drop.

What you all think will happen to second hand car prices if COE prices don't drop and the govt close all the 100% loan loophole thing?

The ADs already secured quite a number of orders.. VW already needs more than 200 coe. So I don't think it will be $1

VW needs more than 200 COE? There are more than 200 people able to downpayment 40%?! :blink:

Normally on Wednesday until like 1pm, the bids received still very low one. Something like 100-200 only. All wait until last minute then bid. But today is one day before closing and the bids received like almost hit quota already. Probably like what everyone say its many individual bidders hoping COE price will drop.

What you all think will happen to second hand car prices if COE prices don't drop and the govt close all the 100% loan loophole thing?

Think alot of second hand dealer will force to scrap cars.. Hehe

VW needs more than 200 COE? There are more than 200 people able to downpayment 40%?! :blink:

They say they have more than 200 orders.. Couldn't be from the 1 st march weekend.. Should be from before 26 Feb order for more than 60% loan orders. Think this few weekends nobody will be stupid enough to order cars when the new ruling impact is not seen yet.

Cat A nearing 300 bids ....

Bidding status as at 12/03/2013 15:04:36.00 hrs

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) 1 336 294

B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 1 326 243

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 225 4

D MOTORCYCLE 1 510 98

E OPEN 1 255 50

spacer.gif

Edited by Try_conti
↡ Advertisement