Australia: Car Rental in Melbourne

Tjkbeluga

57 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

So what vehicle did you book? From which company and how much huh?

Hertz via krisflyer discount

593+ for 9 days. Camry 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

593+ for 9 days. Camry 

You got promo code, apart from the discount code?

but 593 should be not bad liao.

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

You got promo code, apart from the discount code?

but 593 should be not bad liao.

Nope. OK la. Save another small amount not worth it. Cheaper than aggregator can Liao haha

• Praise 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:20 PM, Lala81 said:

Nope. OK la. Save another small amount not worth it. Cheaper than aggregator can Liao haha

1.Besides krisflyer membership ,Is there a Bigger  promo code for Hertz  fro this Dec2019?

2 From Avalon airport, ANY one has  any sample driving route itinerary to cover  a few nights GOR and philips island then back to Melbourne southern cross area?

2 hours ago, Needinfo said:

1.Besides krisflyer membership ,Is there a Bigger  promo code for Hertz  fro this Dec2019?

2 From Avalon airport, ANY one has  any sample driving route itinerary to cover  a few nights GOR and philips island then back to Melbourne southern cross area?

Not sure. 

Basically u can decide to do either side first and cross over either thru highways on Melbourne or via the ferry at sorrento which takes longer but gives u an experience. 

On 10/18/2019 at 3:24 PM, Lala81 said:

593+ for 9 days. Camry 

Hmm, does this include the zero excess coverage? I was looking at Hertz before I went to Perth, but without Krisflyer discount it costs around $600 for 8 days for a Corolla, because of the add-ons like child seat and zero excess coverage. 

24 minutes ago, Alpha78 said:

Hmm, does this include the zero excess coverage? I was looking at Hertz before I went to Perth, but without Krisflyer discount it costs around $600 for 8 days for a Corolla, because of the add-ons like child seat and zero excess coverage. 

Without. 

I'm bringing my own booster seats. And getting 3rd party rental insurance by tripcover. 

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Not sure. 

Basically u can decide to do either side first and cross over either thru highways on Melbourne or via the ferry at sorrento which takes longer but gives u an experience. 

iF I USE highways ,any specific route direction to avoid the Citylink toll?

2 hours ago, Alpha78 said:

can recommend nobirds for perth. mostly almost new corolla, some hybrid and then some. quite cheap daily rate. we used to always book budget before but now swapped. they're not in the airport but do provide transfer to their rental place.

helped my parents rent it when they came over to visit me because there no way i will ever let my dad will drive my car. quite decent, got the chance to try the corolla hybrid..

Edited by louisbosco

5 hours ago, Needinfo said:

iF I USE highways ,any specific route direction to avoid the Citylink toll?

For both direction, highway can only use up to certain parts near the CBD and you have to exit, go through a few arterial roads, and head back on to the highway again. Just use Google maps or Waze and set to avoid tolls, you should be fine.

Edited by Beanoyip

On 11/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, louisbosco said:

can recommend nobirds for perth. mostly almost new corolla, some hybrid and then some. quite cheap daily rate. we used to always book budget before but now swapped. they're not in the airport but do provide transfer to their rental place.

helped my parents rent it when they came over to visit me because there no way i will ever let my dad will drive my car. quite decent, got the chance to try the corolla hybrid..

That's exactly what I rented for my Perth trip 2 weeks back, the Corolla Hybrid hatch from nobirds. Only had 6500km on the odometer. I added 1100km to it, with about 49 litres of petrol added.

Only downside the boot space was barely enough for 1 large and 1 cabin hard case, and without a boot cover, the luggage was exposed when driving around with it. Luckily Perth is rather safe.

42 minutes ago, Alpha78 said:

That's exactly what I rented for my Perth trip 2 weeks back, the Corolla Hybrid hatch from nobirds. Only had 6500km on the odometer. I added 1100km to it, with about 49 litres of petrol added.

Only downside the boot space was barely enough for 1 large and 1 cabin hard case, and without a boot cover, the luggage was exposed when driving around with it. Luckily Perth is rather safe.

Get an elantra sedan.

52 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Get an elantra sedan.

More expensive rental and no hybrid. The 22km per litre FC was unbeatable.

The Corolla hatch hybrid surprisingly came with adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation, so I could set it to 110kmh and cruise on the freeway.

Side note, saw a PI ad selling the same hatch at $99k, kind of expensive.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Alpha78 said:

"perth is rather safe" LOLOL never heard that one before hahaha.

but that one no choice. unfortunately, the corolla hatch design is like that for the new gen. i think they also have sedan, but no hybrid engine..

5 hours ago, Alpha78 said:

More expensive rental and no hybrid. The 22km per litre FC was unbeatable.

The Corolla hatch hybrid surprisingly came with adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation, so I could set it to 110kmh and cruise on the freeway.

Side note, saw a PI ad selling the same hatch at $99k, kind of expensive.

quite surprising spec for a rental, given that it has toyota's full safety sense tech (BSM and what you said etc)  with keyless. usually rental tend to be barebones. like the merc i drove in europe. manual gearbox too!

Edited by louisbosco

Will be going Melbourne next week. Have booked a Kia Cerato hatch from Apex for AU$390 for 9 days; inclusive of zero access. Pretty good deal; only downside is that need to call & they'll send over a free shuttle to pick you up from the airport to their rental premise which is 5 mins away.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Hertz has 5% discount  for advance payment.

Has anyone had a problem  of pay first but no car available or  missing order while collecting car at airport?

1 hour ago, Needinfo said:

Hi,

Hertz has 5% discount  for advance payment.

Has anyone had a problem  of pay first but no car available or  missing order while collecting car at airport?

nope. all good. pretty standard in the industry

↡ Advertisement