Australia: Car Rental in Melbourne

Tjkbeluga

Turbocharged

that is the deal breaker part, the daily insurance can be as much as the daily rental [laugh]

When i rented it, i'm still under 26, so there's an underage surcharge and it also comes with higher excess. So the $20-30 per day makes sense to me.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Thanks guys....

After checking around, the price is just about the same, with the one from airport about AUD30~40 more (as expected). Only difference is availability of car models. I'll be most likely choosing a camry for comfort and fuel ecomony....

Price is about AUD330

Aiyo bro. Dun go to Oz and drive a camry la for goodness sake! Drive something u can't get over here like the XR6 - smooth & grunty 4.0L V6, loads of space and damn comfy. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Aiyo bro. Dun go to Oz and drive a camry la for goodness sake! Drive something u can't get over here like the XR6 - smooth & grunty 4.0L V6, loads of space and damn comfy. [thumbsup]

Bro, he already booked the XR6 liao la.. :D :D

Edited by Shull

Supersonic

Bro, he already booked the XR6 liao la.. :D:D

oh good. thot i need to paste a faceplam peekture here..... [laugh][laugh]

Bro, he already booked the XR6 liao la.. :D :D

Ha nor..... Since so highly recommended, I give it a try.... But problem is, come back to SG, look at my Latio, pui chao nua.... [laugh]

Turbocharged

Ha nor..... Since so highly recommended, I give it a try.... But problem is, come back to SG, look at my Latio, pui chao nua.... [laugh]

I come back look at my 2lit Civic.. also feel damn sian.. [laugh] [laugh]

And what's the worse? XR6 cost less than AUD30k... <_<

drive it at 90km/h over there, then won't feel so bad [laugh] [laugh]

drive it at 90km/h over there, then won't feel so bad [laugh] [laugh]

Talk about this.... Does anyone of you feel that driving 90km/h here and in MY is different? Here, 90km/h macam like very fast but in MY is macam turtle.... I'm not alone in this.... my ex-colleague brought this up too....

Talk about this.... Does anyone of you feel that driving 90km/h here and in MY is different? Here, 90km/h macam like very fast but in MY is macam turtle.... I'm not alone in this.... my ex-colleague brought this up too....

90km/h IS turtle speed.

Turbocharged

Malaysia NSHW? Anything below 110kmh is slow.. [laugh] especially obvious if you come into SG by Tuas and have to follow 90kmh speed limit on AYE.. [laugh]

Environment and surroundings la. There got wide open roads, we only short and narrow.

90km/h on 40km PIE is fast. 90km/h on 800km NSHW is slow la.

Will be going to Melbourne for a week with my family this coming school holiday.... Any good lobang on which car rental to rent a car at Tullamarine airport?

Cheapest is to rent from No Birds.

White Toyotas.

Fuss free

(edited)

Still in Melbourne.... The car they gave us is a Holden SV6 instead of Falcon XR. Quite fuel ecomonical. This morning wanted to drive to nearby train station to park and then take train to city but NB all no time limit parking space is taken. LL, drive lor. Parked at near to chinatown for 3 hours and it comes to AUD39.90 [bigcry]. On one of the day when we drove to Sciencework muzeum, passed by citylink tollway, LL, got to pay via online, AUD14.45.

Edited by Tjkbeluga

Got a prepaid SIM from AldiMobile... I think is very cheap.

AUD 10 for the SIM card and another AUD30 for the 1 month unlimited usage(local calls only I think) + 5GB of data.

Still in Melbourne.... The car they gave us is a Holden SV6 instead of Falcon XR. Quite fuel ecomonical. This morning wanted to drive to nearby train station to park and then take train to city but NB all no time limit parking space is taken. LL, drive lor. Parked at near to chinatown for 3 hours and it comes to AUD39.90 [bigcry]. On one of the day when we drove to Sciencework muzeum, passed by citylink tollway, LL, got to pay via online, AUD14.45.

hahahaha I knew they going to chut this pattern, happen to me before [laugh]

post-1109-1363758213_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jman888

Not only that.... They said, even if got minor dent, have to pay full excess of 3000+, so best is buy excess reduction of 30 a day... LL buy lor for ease of mind...

Not only that.... They said, even if got minor dent, have to pay full excess of 3000+, so best is buy excess reduction of 30 a day... LL buy lor for ease of mind...

I never buy, and drive bloody careful for 8 days for 1800km [:(]

When i was in Melbourne in 2009, i always to avoid citylink toilway.

↡ Advertisement