My car self skidded

HARDGAYHOOOO

Good driver = driver control car

Lousy driver = car control driver

i personally SELF skidded many times cos i always like to play corners

but do it if u r confident n know ur car!!!!

the car must be able to take that corner that u are doing

For those idiots saying that gng 90 over puddle will be hard n skid?

that means ur car is factory setting

those that lowered their ride will get what im saying

but cfm there will be some ignorant fools will come say those who chng their cars r bengs la li la

hahahahaha

Know urself know ur car

dun act smart

now face the consequences

I ever try it on downhill at pulau simpang near cameron island there. Shiok manz.. Tyre screaming all the while. I remember that time, a malaysian car should be kelisa or simliar size car. Corner until the whole car sway one side. But he is damn stable. My car can't even catch up with him ! The downside is tyre very very fast botak !

IMG-20130302-WA0005_zps82d9dadf.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Dun jump to conclusions.

There cud b many reasons why car skid. Not all r caused by e driver.

years back, my dad driving the 1.6 manual corona, skidded continuous left to right back to left along PIE near Eunos area, spinned 720 degrees. He missed the avoided the barriers on both sides. And he missed all other cars and all other cars missed him.

He had no idea what happened, he was a more than adequate and safe driver.

All I can say that the car was fitted with Yokohama DB Aspec.

Well, different incidents different causes.

My grandfather, my lau peh and myself drove cars without any electronics assist. Sometimes all these gismos kills the driver's handling skills moreover road conditions/technology is not as good then compare with now. One word, TS road awareness damm chui.

My grandmother use granite pounder to pound chilli n spices to make seasoning fr cooking.

But that time ty dun hv electric grinding machine which we now use.

Now u hardly see pple use pounder anymore.

My grandfather drive car also no aircon. Only got fan. Now most cars got aircon. Never see car use fan anymore. My farther used to drive car all manual gear. Now mostly all car is auto. Hahaha.

We hv to move with e times lah. When something better comes along..we wil embrace e new technology to make our lives better.

His car already accident. Talk so much about driver skill or road conditions also no use to TS.

Anw the insurance company will probably repair the car as now car price super expensive. Usually if the repair is not more than the market price of your car minus whatever paper value, they will pay as its still cheaper to repair than to give you a new car. There are other factors involved as well obviously like how badly damaged your car is but this is the most basic business sense one as insurance coy needs to make money and push costs down. So lets say your car is worth 50k now and your paper value is around 20k. If your repair does not cost more than 30k, they will still repair it as its cheaper than paying you market value of 50k.

If your repair is more than the said 30K, I would suggest that you get the workshop to put in another quote using second hand parts from a scrap car. If yours is lets say a front end collision, the shop could find a rear end total loss one to salvage the parts to repair your car. It will probably take a longer time to source for the parts and it will also depend on your luck obviously, but I think the lancer is pretty common so finding a scrap one from a scrapyard locally or Malaysia should not be much of an issue. You could also accept aftermarket cosmetic parts like bumpers and headlamps to lower the costs also instead of just getting original ones which are usually much more expensive.

My grandfather, my lau peh and myself drove cars without any electronics assist. Sometimes all these gismos kills the driver's handling skills moreover road conditions/technology is not as good then compare with now.

This one is I agree, sometimes these electronic gadgets breeds over-confidence in the driver, fooling him into false sense of safety, and makes him go to sleep, or perform other stuff in the car while driving. Not saying these electronics are no good, but ultimately the one behind the wheel is human.

Since so many accidents every day

Think Zheng hu should bring back all the MT cars

Drivers can have better control n knowledge

As well as can control them

I feel that those who took the AT test

Half the while Duno what they r driving

Jus press n go

Press to stop

Duno wats car all about

Should void the AT test man

Only this way, those ignorant fools will be out of road

AT cars can buy but after passing MT test

Imo

maybe that's the aim of zheng hu, like that more drivers on the road, more bids for the COE, COE go up, more kuku drivers more accidents, insurance go up, workshops and ins companies earn more, more ERP...if you get what I mean.

[laugh]

I ever try it on downhill at pulau simpang near cameron island there. Shiok manz.. Tyre screaming all the while. I remember that time, a malaysian car should be kelisa or simliar size car. Corner until the whole car sway one side. But he is damn stable. My car can't even catch up with him ! The downside is tyre very very fast botak !

This is a Proton Tiara.

It is based on a Citroen AX

and the handling is very good.

:D

His car already accident. Talk so much about driver skill or road conditions also no use to TS.

Anw the insurance company will probably repair the car as now car price super expensive. Usually if the repair is not more than the market price of your car minus whatever paper value, they will pay as its still cheaper to repair than to give you a new car. There are other factors involved as well obviously like how badly damaged your car is but this is the most basic business sense one as insurance coy needs to make money and push costs down. So lets say your car is worth 50k now and your paper value is around 20k. If your repair does not cost more than 30k, they will still repair it as its cheaper than paying you market value of 50k.

If your repair is more than the said 30K, I would suggest that you get the workshop to put in another quote using second hand parts from a scrap car. If yours is lets say a front end collision, the shop could find a rear end total loss one to salvage the parts to repair your car. It will probably take a longer time to source for the parts and it will also depend on your luck obviously, but I think the lancer is pretty common so finding a scrap one from a scrapyard locally or Malaysia should not be much of an issue. You could also accept aftermarket cosmetic parts like bumpers and headlamps to lower the costs also instead of just getting original ones which are usually much more expensive.

Thanks to TS car "self" skid, all our insurance will go up

And buyer buying a Lancer Ex 2.0 2008 please check for accident damage.

:D

Neutral Newbie

I kenna before. Took a turn too fast and oversteered. Tail felt like throwing out.

Esp light blinked non-stop and felt some tok tok sound which should be the brakes.

Recovered quickly. .sweat man..

Not fun. .

Same, the tail swung out. Wasn't even driving fast. I realised there was oil. My car is those cars with no esp, abs etc. Quite scary I must say.

Since so many accidents every day

Think Zheng hu should bring back all the MT cars

Drivers can have better control n knowledge

As well as can control them

I feel that those who took the AT test

Half the while Duno what they r driving

Jus press n go

Press to stop

Duno wats car all about

Should void the AT test man

Only this way, those ignorant fools will be out of road

AT cars can buy but after passing MT test

Imo

Good points

Hi fellow Bro and Sis,

My car was involved in self skidded accident when my car lost control swaying from left and right intensely ,finally heads onto the railing along AYE. Front potion of my car looks CUI but engine is intact.

I put up insurance claim and currently waiting for surveyor from CHARTIS to come down workshop to gauge the repair cost . Boss of workshop asked me to consider as insurance side may call it a total loss .

My decision to them was to try their best to convince the insurance side to repair which I think scrapping my car is simply ridiculous . I am driving a Lancer Ex 2.0 2008 .

Previously another friend of mine who self skidded having the front , back portion totaled , 4 wheels busted and engine flunked out of the car still manage to have the insurance company covered n fully repaired with only excess paid . Which is why I can't take total loss an option for my case .

Based on the worse scenario , can anyone share with me their experience and options I can seek ????

Thanks in advance

I had same experience. Self-skidded, wet weather, spinned 180 degree facing on coming traffic. Total loss.

Insurance paid me market value. Then banned me from their company. Had to buy car using wife's name.

This road is good [thumbsup]

how does the paper value affect the equation?

bro

thats the reason y i say

do u know urself n ur car anot?

if u know that route well

u should be able to forsee whats gng on

eg if u take sle daily to work

u know whats to expect from it

if u never been to eg tanah merah before

should u do a 100 there on raining days???

my car had coilover on it before

got lowering spring on it before

got original setup on it before

taking that same riute daily for 5 yrs

u know what i mean

there is diference with the diff set up

else no one will pay for these itens

Good point.. If don't know the road well even not raining drives slower.. Ya I will said know ur car well so u can control the car not car control u..

(edited)

Car is insured for market value at the time of the incident, tio bo?

So TS better document current selling prices of the same model/year/spec car NOW. We are at the point where there is alot of uncertainty and nobody knows where the market is heading and a major drop in price is possible. So if insurance company tries to shaft you, fight back with documented evidence. Screenshots, printouts from sgcarmart etc.

I bet if prices drop they try to pull a fast one and use corrected values that we might see in a few weeks/months.

But if prices go up then act blur [laugh]

Edited by Myxilplix

Car is insured for market value at the time of the incident, tio bo?

So TS better document current selling prices of the same model/year/spec car NOW. We are at the point where there is alot of uncertainty and nobody knows where the market is heading and a major drop in price is possible. So if insurance company tries to shaft you, fight back with documented evidence. Screenshots, printouts from sgcarmart etc.

I bet if prices drop they try to pull a fast one and use corrected values that we might see in a few weeks/months.

But if prices go up then act blur [laugh]

Long ago u insure yr car fr a specific value n pay yr premium based on that. Very clear. Very transparent. Very fair.

Then our infamous Aunty Lucy came up with this "Market Value " bullsheet. Soon after all ins co. follow.

Its just another way fr the ins cos. to screw us n cheat our money.

Judging from the things written by you , am sorry to say .... You ain't a better pussy yourself dickhead

Hahahahaha you can ignore me / abuse me whatever.

I am enjoying my Saturday knowing that you have received your just desserts.

YOU have a real problem - a deserving result born of a union between sheer stupidity and bad attitude.

YOU have a smashed up car, a big headache and will soon be out lots of money.

Abusing me / ignoring me won't change ANY of that.

Enjoy your life!

Usually people use the phrase 'self skid' for bikers.

And self-skid immediately followed by 'faster pick up the bike before TP see or else tio saman'.

↡ Advertisement