City Harvest Church [CHC] Part 2

Tayspiderx

Hypersonic

Yes. I listen to the youtube link on prosperity gospel by Dr. Paul Choo and fully agree with him.

Reup Pastor Choo's sermon for those who may missed it among the many pages. As good christian, if we knew it's against the our christian belief, got to say something. Neutral stand also mean inaction. To the catholic, inaction to something knowingly is wrong is also a sin.

↡ Advertisement

There' one youtube of congee preaching how one member downgrade from 5 rm hdb to 3rm so to donate to the the questionable church building fund. Say until like this is the right thing for good christian to do..

A lot of such preaching is contrary to the biblical or theological doctrines found in the bible. Clearly, this is not what the bible teaches.

That's the thing I most buay tahan.... Not only that, they encourage them to rebel against their "infidel" parents. This happens to many of the protestant churches.

Again, this is not what the bible teaches.

yes you are right. very similar. That is why one of my church friend who happen to be an auditor was very pissed when the newpaper post that he say his integraty is clear. (we not from CHC) rigging of account is against the law. Simple as that. if he did sanction the rigging of account then jollywell apologise to the congregation for going rigging account.

whether he use the money for Xover Project is for genunie reason if not the concern. Even if the money is really used for Xover project with genunie motivation (subjected to debate else where) rigging of account is still illegal.

Let the case unfolds and the truth be revealed.

Neutral Newbie

There' one youtube of congee preaching how one member downgrade from 5 rm hdb to 3rm so to donate to the the questionable church building fund. Say until like this is the right thing for good christian to do..

an old church I went to, had a sermon, encouraging pple to pawn or sell away stuff they dun use, to donate to building fund.

My mother who is still in this church, pawn all her wedding jewellry, given to her by PIL and parents, mostly heavy gold pcs, and donated to the building fund then. super du lan too.

Reup Pastor Choo's sermon for those who may missed it among the many pages. As good christian, if we knew it's against the our christian belief, got to say something. Neutral stand also mean inaction. To the catholic, inaction to something knowingly is wrong is also a sin.

In fact, I listen to Ps Choo's sermon a couple of times and I noted how prosperity gospel is subtly and dangerously crafted.

Sacrifice is usually required for something you believe in. It is not new under the sun.

Regarding this story of the church member downgrading his home, it is an issue of credibilty when leaders do not walk the talk.

Not really interested to read in detail, but is this agar same as DURAI case. if its agar the same then prepare to go in carry sandbags liao lor

Abt the same only thing more ppl n more money. Do note kh lawyer is pap mp. I see mavis having a hard time here

Twincharged

Again, this is not what the bible teaches.

it's clear that one of the 10 commandments is to honour your parents

(edited)

From most comments in this thread, I think many, Christians or not, have already stated their views towards prosperity gospel or what CHC preaches or stands for.

However, some comments are bordering on being anti-Christianity. No positive/negative comments towards any religion should be welcome here.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Twincharged

an old church I went to, had a sermon, encouraging pple to pawn or sell away stuff they dun use, to donate to building fund.

My mother who is still in this church, pawn all her wedding jewellry, given to her by PIL and parents, mostly heavy gold pcs, and donated to the building fund then. super du lan too.

no point giving if feel du lan abt it..

give with a willing and grateful heart. Also give till it hurts a little at least. No point giving pocket change, but also not practical to give until cannot support the family.

strike a balance, most impt thing is to learn how to submit all possessions to God. Money is used cos that is what most of us hold most dearly to on a day to day basis.

that;s what i feel it shld be

Hypersonic

I completely agree

And I would like to speak up for LGBT issues.

I love lesbians.

:D

you may love them,

but i don't think they love you

:D

Sacrifice is usually required for something you believe in. It is not new under the sun.

Regarding this story of the church member downgrading his home, it is an issue of credibilty when leaders do not walk the talk.

oh yeah... Congee and Horse Sun stays in a $9.3 million penthouse at Sentosa Cove.

Twincharged

oh yeah... Congee and Horse Sun stays in a $9.3 million penthouse at Sentosa Cove.

perhaps he it's because he sold his HDB and donated the money? [laugh]