City Harvest Church [CHC] Part 2

Tayspiderx

That applies both ways too isn't it? How is it possible to convince someone who is rational using irrational reasoning, yet lament abt if? You ask of others to be open but will u be open to say, a Buddhist/Taoist/Muslim/Hindu preaching to u? The problem is that people of some religions seem to appear self righteous, they believe that only themselves are correct.

This I do agree.... I buay tahan some over-zealous ones who can be so untactful....

↡ Advertisement

It doesn't matter to a non-believer anyway.... Thus I said, "I believe", not "Everyone must believe", get it?

Agree. I'm just sharing my doubt too like you are sharing.

Hypersonic

:D Yes, David won.

Other than the churchgoers of CHC. Are there anyone who thinks CHC is right?

I don't go to CHC but I think he is right to use the money save more souls.

Its not like he stole the money to give to poor people or sick people or hungry people.

The poor, sick, hungry we will always have.

The only thing I think is wrong is not to openly tell people the good deed he was putting their money to.

We should never lie or deceive people. Unless we want to bluff or cheat them of course.

:D

Think i may visit city harvest this weekend and see the acting masterclass.

You one to be one? Make sure you buy a dozen of CDs. :D

Ultimately, if use of religions to gain monetary purposes for those individuals, sooner or later they will have to the consequences. There is no free lunches for life.

Back to the case. Today trial. The senior counsels n pap lawyer seem unbeatable. At the heart of it is the church exec committee agreed that building funds should be used for investment. Thus, the moving of money here n there. For once, CAD or govt is David, CHC is Goliath. N as usual, money talks.

Oh dear...so how is it? CHC really got chance to win the case?? :blink:

Serina is a long haired chio bu who is one of the accused, and is probably staying in a few million dollars condo as well and drives a sports car. She is going into CHangi Prison after this and have her hair cut short, and do naked squat. [laugh]

Have not confirm leh?

I see many discussions on religion. Everyone have the right to believe or not believe. As long to one follows the basic right behavior and doings.

Why not , we just focus on the trial. I think all of us are interested to see the outcome.

before i was baptized, i was quite open. I think of myself as a rational person. So i heard the teachings of both buddhism and christianity and decided for myself which makes more rational sense to me.

Until today, i am always interested to hear what ppl of other religions say abt their faith. I'm constantly challenging my own beliefs cos i do not believe in blind faith.

That's my 2 cents

Buddhism is not a religion if you really did open yourself to learn about it.