Did CM1 affect you?

Bighero

Turbocharged

Not affected.

Whilst drastic, some might even say overkill, it should bring some sanity back.....

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Currently no.

Coe too high and car loan interest rates increase, no intention to change car.

Expecting Coe to drop a lot within next couple years, maybe good time then.

Status quo for now.

• Praise 3

(edited)

This measure influence my decision. Initially gonna continue driving my lao pok car for another 5 years until scrap. Now wanna change to a new bigger car if car market badly hit on general and car price is reasonable.

Edited by Chucky2007

Wah so steady, now bicycle also not cheap. I had to pay installment for mine.

Haha....bicycle is kid stuff....

How's my Hao lian.....mcfers? LoL

Thru the various discussions in MCF on the cooling measures, I realise that there are lots of cash rich people in MCF. I worry that COE is not going to drop any sooner.

Only in mcfers u can see lotsa super rich n Hao lianers...haha

Have to keep up...

Turbocharged

No effect. As it is I am keeping the car till coe expires. I don't expect the coe to dip drastically.

for 03 owners, it may be a lucky break, fated to buy a new car at a less expensive price.

owners of 03 cars expiry in next 3 minths - might as well book now.

owners of 03 cars expiring later can wait a few rounds to see if coe price is lucky to them

owners of 04/05/06 - can wait for coe supply to be pump up

Turbocharged

Did it affect you?

For me it did.

Before - Was already going to get a BMW X3 35

After - not buying anymore. Going to tune my car after warranty ends. Keep car till 6 to 8 years

yes it did.

before - intend to keep my ride till 2017 then scrap

after - if COE drops too drastically to 10k range, maybe wanna change car leow [sweatdrop], else can extend COE after 2017

Turbocharged

yes, it's going to affect me in a positive way. I am planning to scrap/export my ride in the next few months and get a used car. Used car prices are expected to dip so it's a good thing for me.

As for the loan part, to me there's no impact as I don't intend to take up a loan.

buy low sell low got effect? [rolleyes]

I don't think Coe will drop by much. Already many in this forum are thinking of buying another car if it drops by 20k. Pent up demand is still there.

The thing about car loans is banks are exposed to little risk. Gov backs the Coe and omv. Maybe it's the gov that's worried about a bust. Later kena vomit back out.

Maybe the chilling measure should be, no loans for Coe.

50% dp, full cash of coe and i guess u almost pay the car in full cash :D

Sad but its true about car owner fate in sg

Don't worry , half of these rich MCF would have bought their cars last year already.

The other half will buy this year.

Do remember that these rich people don't suddenly buy more car or feel inclined to buy now just because they can afford the 50%, where all the while they are already downpayment 30-50% or more when they buy cars.

So we can safely assume the rich will maintain the usual momentum in their car replacement activity. This will not likely cause a surge in Coe demand from the rich car buyers.

On the other hand the borderline cases and middle income group, although they may have the cash for 50-100% downpayment. They will hesitate to buy cars because paying 50% will totally drained out their bank reserves! This group will delay and curtail their car purchase.

The last group is those without any cash to downpayment. This group will mostly be ousted from the car buying pool. Some may get 100% loan from unlicensed finances co or private finance co, but it will be a very small quantity.

So after a few round of COE bidding, the prices will drop or even crash. Just watch for it.

Thru the various discussions in MCF on the cooling measures, I realise that there are lots of cash rich people in MCF. I worry that COE is not going to drop any sooner.

Car sales now high fever.Im pretty sure there will be slight changes.How do they expect those rich ppl wanna buy 1.8 below cars?Sillypore policies anytime can change dun worry.A reliable sources inform me by year end loan will be 75% from 50-60% depending on car models and repayment will be max 7 years.I wonder how true is that but still give a thought about it.

↡ Advertisement