This is why our children have to ballot

Humsuplo

(edited)

me old wannabe quitter... sigh sitting on the fence dunno how to quit..

does not matter since when they been studying here... just unhappy that now so many other nationalities r here to study....

make sg parents go kiasu..

old cannot quit cos nobody want you, they also need young people.

since you dun like the neighborhood school, we shall build 200 primary school, call it Nan Yang (clementi branch), Nan Yang (Pasir Ris branch), Nan Yang (Redhill branch) :D :D

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

just wonder why must they report such news??

travel 2 hours to study need to report meh? in many other countries children walk more than 2 hours to go school.

imo be it malaysians or any other nationality, for them to come here and compete with our children for education is a big no no..

sorry ah i just feel that any tom dix or harry can come here and take our benefits simply by paying and in the end our kids are ousted aside

This news almost every year also report one.

This year reported again 'cos want to wave the flag (to all Singaporeans) that there's a distinction in fees. [laugh]

Turbocharged

if nus or ntu stop taking in foreigners, our kids can study locally right?

Wrong. There were less foreign intake in the 80s & 90s. Yet many chose to go overseas. Same situation now. Most choose to go overseas even if they can get a place locally. Personally, I think it is a good decision if the financial situation allows.

Neutral Newbie

old cannot quit cos nobody want you, they also need young people.

since you dun like the neighborhood school, we shall building 200 primary school, call it Nan Yang (clementi branch), Nan Yang (Pasir Ris branch), Nan Yang (Redhill branch) :D :D

ya lor... so sad old folks r casted aside.

but hor good idea, infact i got the best idea.. make all schools nameless just like no sign board... like tat no need to compete liao. or else just use 1 name like singapore primary (north 1 branch, north 2 branch, west 1, east 1...) lol

So we shouldn't send our kids to oversea universities too. They need the places more than us. Cambridge for British. MIT for Canadians.

Do you have any relatives that sent their kids overseas because bo pian, grades are not good enough for local uni? Pay money also cannot get place?

Sometimes I wonder why our uni so stuck up? A- grades cannot be doctors? Then years later gov complain we need more skilled professionals? I find this strange, what ranking is our uni chasing after? At what cost?

Do you have any relatives that sent their kids overseas because bo pian, grades are not good enough for local uni? Pay money also cannot get place?

Sometimes I wonder why our uni so stuck up? A- grades cannot be doctors? Then years later gov complain we need more skilled professionals? I find this strange, what ranking is our uni chasing after? At what cost?

if can send why bo pian? rather study overseas right? :huh: :huh:

Neutral Newbie

This news almost every year also report one.

This year reported again 'cos want to wave the flag (to all Singaporeans) that there's a distinction in fees. [laugh]

haha yah u r right... they wanna tell us: see see we got increase their price n u must be thankful that urs still so cheap..

Turbocharged

Yes. Alot. Some even dun have the finance to do it. End up doing some obscure degree at Sunway Lagoon. But to lower our standard just to accomodate or placate the local populace is not the way forward. Just look at the situation in Malaysia.

Don't always blame others, want to blame, blame on our own ppl. Who ask us to be so kiasu? Who ask MOE to rank schools and give them banding class? Yah, now they realise their mistake and try to rectify, but too late liao. Already sink in deep deep. Who don't know which school is top in Spore now?

me old wannabe quitter... sigh sitting on the fence dunno how to quit..

does not matter since when they been studying here... just unhappy that now so many other nationalities r here to study....

make sg parents go kiasu..

Bro, you have not seen the worst in Universities.

Loads of FT students come into university, fully funded by gahment with living expense throw in.

They know writing english, but nuts about speaking english.

They live in dormitory with easy ECA points, while the local student fight for 10x ECA point to qualifies for dormitory.

After graduation, local student have to pay back study loan. While FT happily accumulates money in bank.

I can talk 3 days non stop on this.

Primary school already changed "Singaporean first", this is small case.

Bro, I'm talking about forking out life savings to sent kids to uni. Almost have to sell house type of situation.

Maybe the parents want the best for their kids and hope a degree will help them with a better start in life.

TS stir lor, stir and stir. You don't go msia and pump their cheap petrol? Buy their cheap groceries? What to report also must ask you first? If everyone think like you we will finish in no time, you don't even have to wait 2016 blah blah blah, xia shuay!

Neutral Newbie

i think he meant bo pian to study local cos grades not gd enuff so have to study overseas if parents can affford.

again imo in the case where can afford to send but kids can get into local uni, then i rather they do their bachelor locally first, and if wanna pursue further then go overseas.

however the sad truth another forummer highlighted is with the super high entry grades where even A- cannot get into medical and down the road gov say need FT professionals is BS. its abt time they lower the requirements and STOP going to china and beg them to come study here on full scholarship programme.

Turbocharged

the polciy change was too late for my kids :angry:

linpeh just live next to admirilty pri school, both kids cannot get in :angry:

lan lan go siling pri school :angry:

you miss the boat cannot say they dont do anything.

its thank to your complain that we are able to have this change.

for this i say thank you. and the only thing i can offer you is a sincer thank you.

Turbocharged

if nus or ntu stop taking in foreigners, our kids can study locally right?

cannot. most will still opt for oversea.

oversea uni's moon is rounder.

Bro, you have not seen the worst in Universities.

Loads of FT students come into university, fully funded by gahment with living expense throw in.

They know writing english, but nuts about speaking english.

They live in dormitory with easy ECA points, while the local student fight for 10x ECA point to qualifies for dormitory.

After graduation, local student have to pay back study loan. While FT happily accumulates money in bank.

I can talk 3 days non stop on this.

Primary school already changed "Singaporean first", this is small case.

The only reason i can think of is our gahmen is try to retain as many of these group and hoping they can become "new citizen" one day. Even if they don't, they will bring our local Uni cert back to their homeland and work. In a way, it helps to bring up the image of our local Uni.

Yes. Alot. Some even dun have the finance to do it. End up doing some obscure degree at Sunway Lagoon. But to lower our standard just to accomodate or placate the local populace is not the way forward. Just look at the situation in Malaysia.

I don't agree about lower standards argument. Lower entry does not equate lower standards. If that's the case the navy seals are the world worst soldiers with such high drop out rates.

The bar to pass is fixed. You clear, you pass the standard.

It's the elitist thinking that sets entry standards. But entry cannot be too low also lar.

↡ Advertisement