Stay at home DAD

Tungsl

Just wondered are there many stay at home DAD around

in this case, the wife is the one who brings back the bacon

i know a couple who have an autistic child, wife works in civil service (cannot resign if resign loose seniority) but husband is in private company

so they took the decision, husband stay home to take care of the child instead

do you think our society is ready for this?

are there any stay at home DAD in this forum

do you feel embarass or would you feel embarass

kee chiu

↡ Advertisement

Whether society is ready for this is not important as there are more men taking up this role in recent years. I have 2 frens who are stay-home dads for 6 to 7 years and their kids are generally well behaved and have good communication skills for their age.

To each his own. Ain't no embarassment if you are able to give off the best to your kids.

(edited)

*kee chiu* , part time though. I work 2.5 days or less a week and alternate looking after my boy with mum.

nothing to be ashamed off and never regretted it. I witnessed all his milestones so far, something money can't buy [thumbsup]

Edited by Othello

There are indeed more stay-at-home dad. I have at least 3 friends are/were. 2 of them had high-paying jobs but feel they are more suited to nature their kids.

*kee chiu* , part time though. I work 2.5 days or less a week and alternate looking after my boy with mum.

nothing to be ashamed off and never regretted it. I witnessed all his milestones so far, something money can't buy [thumbsup]

U gd

I dun qualify lol cos no kids

Neutral Newbie

I also wanna stay at home bring up son... Been encouraging my wife to chiong her career!

if your wife have to suck c--k for other men you can tahan first or not?like cecilia..esther...and alot more others...

i got a feeling if couples can afford both parents would like to spend time and watch their kids grow up then go to work all day

or is this too generalised a statement

Used to have a colleague who was grandson of a rich man

Never needed to work but he did

His work became his hobby

Though he didn't needed his salary, he was one of the best around in office

No one could beat his skills

Everyday 5pm go home play with kids

Lucky chap

i got a feeling if couples can afford both parents would like to spend time and watch their kids grow up then go to work all day

or is this too generalised a statement

both no need to work? money come from government ?

I wish im a SAHD..

but wife can teach kids better..hehe..coz she teacher..

ANyway...i do have a frd..working as a technician while wife work as a bank officer.

wife ask him to quit coz he is lower paid..after they got a dotter.

I felt he kena con coz end up have to take care of his senile MIL..clean her up, feed her etc, on top of house wk & taking care of dotter..

Wife got a maid, nurse, babysitter & hubby while she concentrate on her career..

both no need to work? money come from government ?

Money come from lao peh lah...

"I give you money, you make baby, OK? That's your only job." [:p]

Twincharged

Work from home considered as SAHD or not? My dad used to work from home and only go back about 1 day a week to check on his staff or for meetings. That was many years ago though. Almost 20 years ago

Turbocharged

Work more laid-back job every day can go home on time consider stay-at-home dad or not? [laugh]

I think, professionally, everybody wants to do some kind of job for personal development. Being dad/mum full-time is great, but still some thing is missing. A good balance is to find a job that has no great urgency or those purely knowledge-based jobs that don't require working long hours or presence in the office.

Kids also need space and time away from hovering parents to grow up properly and learn independence. So, it's great to spend more time at home with the kids, but not 100% of the time.

I think SAHD cannot stay at home for too long. Once your kid is old enough to be independant, what will he/she think of you? What will his/her classmates think of you when you pick up your kid at school? When you try to get back to work you may get the feelin staying at home is better. By dan you have become a bump. haha....jus kidding.

It's not easy to ignore what others think and say. It can hurt your pride or confidence. Whether your child will grow up to appreciate what you have sacrifice is another issue. If you have a boy, he will see his dad as a hero. How a SAHD will affect his boy when he grows up is a big question mark. Do you hope your boy, if you have one, to follow your footstep to become a SAHD? To be frank I dun wish to be one and I also hope my son to grow up to become one.

Dun get me wrong. I want the best for my kid and i spent time after work with my child. I know I will not tahan the SAHD lifestyle.

↡ Advertisement