Engine Stall (died) when stationary and RPM Dropped

Mysportwish

hello

my friend car (auto, Nissan), facing a problem. When his car stopped at traffic light, the RPM will dropped and the engine died.

Anyone have similar experience and what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

hello

my friend car (auto, Nissan), facing a problem. When his car stopped at traffic light, the RPM will dropped and the engine died.

Thanks in advance.

his car got install any piggyback ECU?

or check throttlebody, air filter...etc

I experienced similar issue before.

Later found out that alternator faulty, was not charging battery properly. So battery died, and car stalled, and could not be restarted; until jumpstarted.

Not saying above same issue; but this what happened to me. Just sharing.

most likely is throtto body issue. Might be dirty or IAV fail. If charging system got issue should have the batt warning light lighted.

(edited)

most likely is throttle body issue. Might be dirty or ICV fail but more likely is dirty. If charging system got issue should have the batt warning light lighted. Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Ivanpaseo

His mech may have replace with plugs that have higher resitance. The next check is to make sure the plug cables are dry no kV leak to ground and are properly inserted to the spark plugs.

i also have a problem with cold starting.

need to step accelerator while starting and feather. if not start alr will stall..

hot start no problems.

any ideas?

This problem can be due to low head pressure in the fuel delivery system. The cause maybe fuel leakage within the system or there are air bubble in the system.

i also have a problem with cold starting.

need to step accelerator while starting and feather. if not start alr will stall..

hot start no problems.

any ideas?

Fuel pump failure?

Thats what happen to my Nissan (13yrs ago)

Jerking, then have to step on gas and sometimes just die off.

Neutral Newbie

hello

Thanks in advance.

Could be misfiring of cylinders...if under warranty better bring it back to AD to check.

Fuel pump failure?

Thats what happen to my Nissan (13yrs ago)

Jerking, then have to step on gas and sometimes just die off.

but hot start no issues.

neither does it randomly stall.

its only during cold start

I have this problem as well on my kimchi auto car. Checked throttle body. Washed. Changed new one. Check spark plugs. Checked alternator and battery. ECU seems fine. No Engine Check warning light. Engine pressure also checked. Will still occasionally vibrate heavily before dying of if left stationary for close to 5 min.

Weird thing is that vacuum meter reading is 0. No cracks or leaks at hoses. My mechanic check until give up already.

Neutral Newbie

Try replacing your O2 sensor. Happen to my brother's Vios, mechanic check O2 sensor through ECU all working fine but still rpm drop till stall when car stops.

Took a gamble and replaced both O2 sensor and problem solved.

Neutral Newbie

hello

Thanks in advance.

Nissan latio???

Neutral Newbie

how abt idle valve? get a trusted mech and have it checked. it maybe the cause as well as it happed to mi as well

Either yr mech have tap the vacuum from the wrong location ,the hose is leaking or the gauge is faulty.

↡ Advertisement