Football is just not in Chinese's DNA

Scion

Why not in Chinese DNA ......

after 30, what can football help you from 30's till 60's .... -_-

Unless one plays in those top European clubs which they earn millions before they retires.

Even one (Sun Chee Hai) playing for ManCity, now disappear leow. Never see him even as China national soccer coach .. [:(] , And he plays because then, ManCity was under Thaksin before sold to those Middle East oil rich.

In SG, paper qualification is top agenda in every parents mind.... [nod]

↡ Advertisement

It seems like Chinese are good in games that require techniques and movement (badminton, table tennis) while bad at those that require strength (tennis, soccer, rugby).

the chinese believe that it is crazy for 22 men to chase a ball, not making sense and waste of manpower [laugh]

the chinese believe that it is crazy for 22 men to chase a ball, not making sense and waste of manpower [laugh]

Didn't the Chinese invent the football, or something similar, in ancient time? [:)]

I also feel to them having 22 chasers is a crazy idea. With 2 billion population, they believe at least a minimum of 220 chasers are required to make it an exciting game :D

And in schools u hardly see any chinese in team shool soccer though they invent it lol

My fren used to be involved in the secondary school soccer level games and he saw many talented Chinese players but most would soon stop playing because of studies.

ya lah

i'm the one who said that football is not in Chinese's DNA...

the fact is there are more than 2 billion Chinese in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore (referring to race), but we are not able to produce a single good (never mind world class) player on global stage

The Koreans and Japanese can do it... but why we Chinese can't?

food for thought

Well there are other sports the Chinese excel, badminton, swimming, table tennis, gymnastics etc... Just look at the Olympics standings. Yes soccer is found wanting but it's more in the development program not so much in the DNA.

And in schools u hardly see any chinese in team shool soccer though they invent it lol

Not all original inventor nations are good at the game they invented.

Btw, how do we define a sport? Can dragon dance be classified as a sport, or a dance? [confused]

Not all original inventor nations are good at the game they invented.

Btw, how do we define a sport? Can dragon dance be classified as a sport, or a dance? [confused]

Dragon is a dance or art, sport is that we normal ppl also can play and require physical movement to play

Dragon is a dance or art, sport is that we normal ppl also can play and require physical movement to play

Like most forms of sports which need training, dragon dance can also be participated by ordinary people after some traing. So it can be considered a sport [:)]

Supercharged

I think this thread title is misleading. It's not because of DNA or what sheet blood elements that Chinese are not good in football.

you all forgot how China train sportsmen in any kind of sports. they train them since 4 years old. And they will drill and drill every single day until they are so good at it.

It is not Chinese doesnt have DNA for football. It's because the chinese garment has not focus on football sports YET.....

As you all know, anything that Chinese ppl want to do, they will do it very well and successfully.

So far, China has produced alot of sportsmen for many sports now, sports that were never from China (example snooker, tennis, syn diving, swimming, golf, even sailing) These are sports that China were never involved in the past, but today you see who are the top spots in these sports. And China can participate in Olympics competition in these said sports.

They have 1 billion ppl. With this kind of mass number, China can easily dominate in every kind of sport you can imagine. It's just a matter of time and where the focus is at. Once they decide, they will pick the young ones and start drilling every day.

I think this thread title is misleading. It's not because of DNA or what sheet blood elements that Chinese are not good in football.

you all forgot how China train sportsmen in any kind of sports. they train them since 4 years old. And they will drill and drill every single day until they are so good at it.

and the western always accused them of using some kind of enhancent/drug but was not proven in any cases .... -_-

Armstrong (cyclist) had been using Steriod all this while .. [mad]

It is not Chinese doesnt have DNA for football. It's because the chinese garment has not focus on football sports YET.....

As you all know, anything that Chinese ppl want to do, they will do it very well and successfully.

So far, China has produced alot of sportsmen for many sports now, sports that were never from China (example snooker, tennis, syn diving, swimming, golf, even sailing) These are sports that China were never involved in the past, but today you see who are the top spots in these sports. And China can participate in Olympics competition in these said sports.

They have 1 billion ppl. With this kind of mass number, China can easily dominate in every kind of sport you can imagine. It's just a matter of time and where the focus is at. Once they decide, they will pick the young ones and start drilling every day.

So the way Chinese area able to do well in sport is

1) devote near 100% of time into sports since young, which other countries cannot do (for variosu reason).

2) Having a statistically signficant nummerical advantage.

So to put it this way, typcially Chinese (on a per capital basis) may not be as good in sports as their sucess suggested, but they can dominated in many sports by the above 2 reason, & technically the only country that can match them is India, which we all know are terrible in sports with exception of few, like cricket & jockey, & probaly becuase India cannot devote thier people 100&% into sports.

In any case, in the end, its up to the individual, rather then ethical background for most sports (except in running, where Africans seems to have an edge), particular sports that required more than physical advantage (like basketball) & strength (running) like Football. Lets me remindered that the best player in the world Messi is only 169cm tall, a size typical of Asian.

Infrastacture is certainly important, & The system in England & Germany are very good. In a way, even if you fail to meet the grade, you can still play in a social league, for fun. I know people that does. I have been playing football (socially) since I moved to Germany, & the best player I play with is no taller than me, & more like Messi size also.

Supercharged

So the way Chinese area able to do well in sport is

1) devote near 100% of time into sports since young, which other countries cannot do (for variosu reason).

2) Having a statistically signficant nummerical advantage.

So to put it this way, typcially Chinese (on a per capital basis) may not be as good in sports as their sucess suggested, but they can dominated in many sports by the above 2 reason, & technically the only country that can match them is India, which we all know are terrible in sports with exception of few, like cricket & jockey, & probaly becuase India cannot devote thier people 100&% into sports.

In any case, in the end, its up to the individual, rather then ethical background for most sports (except in running, where Africans seems to have an edge), particular sports that required more than physical advantage (like basketball) & strength (running) like Football. Lets me remindered that the best player in the world Messi is only 169cm tall, a size typical of Asian.

Infrastacture is certainly important, & The system in England & Germany are very good. In a way, even if you fail to meet the grade, you can still play in a social league, for fun. I know people that does. I have been playing football (socially) since I moved to Germany, & the best player I play with is no taller than me, & more like Messi size also.

Agree with you. Physical attributes is not a barrier to sports in general terms.

In football terms, Korea and Japan are so good in it and they are also Asians like us. small built and black hair. I don't see why Chinese cannot do it in physical terms. It's the matter of when they will start to focus on building a strong national team. Hell yeah, they will start from 4 years old. And money is also not a problem for China, obviously.

China can even copycat the entire EPL or Euro League system and implement it on national level.

nothing to do with lack of DNA or whatever genes.

↡ Advertisement