Petrol attendant pump wrong petrol

Surferguy1978

Either DIY or tell the pump attendant the exact amount of petrol you want. Then there will be no more problem and issue.

↡ Advertisement

Either DIY or tell the pump attendant the exact amount of petrol you want. Then there will be no more problem and issue.

yea...pls la, no need to shout. These uncles are there whiling their time. I feel they are doing an honest job. They cannot read yor mind, cos if no full, some kpkb, and if on first click, et.....they cannot read ur minds.

Just do yourself or be clear, and prescriptive in instructions. I make it a pt to make their day by tipping and saying thank you. Goes a long way

• Praise 1

yea...pls la, no need to shout. These uncles are there whiling their time. I feel they are doing an honest job. They cannot read yor mind, cos if no full, some kpkb, and if on first click, et.....they cannot read ur minds.

Just do yourself or be clear, and prescriptive in instructions. I make it a pt to make their day by tipping and saying thank you. Goes a long way

I twice asked for 10-20 litres of petrol and got a tankful instead, this was prior to my once in a while day trip into JB. Some of these old uncles very sotong one. Damn TL but can't get myself to scold them as well.

These days, if I am going over to JB, I either DIY or ensure they key in the correct amount before I proceed to counter to pay.

Not that hard to pump your own petrol right? The only time I couldn't pump my own was the $1 per liter promotion by Shell sometime ago... Queue sibeh long so attendant filled up for every car... They scared the ah peks slowly pump until full full while sitting on the wooden stool...

seldom see people pump petrol themselves. only get to see drivers waiting for attendant to pump for them, like don't even how to, have the lost look type.

If a person never pump petrol himself/herself, sure will have the lost look, cause they don't know what to do. So cannot really blame them. Or some people even know what to do but don't want to touch the pump nozzle, cause scare dirty their hands.

seldom see people pump petrol themselves. only get to see drivers waiting for attendant to pump for them, like don't even how to, have the lost look type.

I always pump petrol myself. Have been driving for more than 25 years and until now, I have never asked/let the attendant pump petrol for me, not once.

In fact, I even pump petrol for wife's car. Once her car's tank reaches quarter tank, we will swop cars for the day and I will pump petrol, check tire pressure etc for her. She has been driving more than 25 years too and has never pumped petrol herself either. Always done by me!

Edited by Loki

I usually pump myself and it seems like these uncle appreciates a lot.

but occasionally if I see the queue is long, i'll let them pump while I go queue so the next person don't have to wait so long..

there was a few times I refilling the petrol myself, other drivers walk pass give you a "WTF is this guy doing" look.. cannot pump petrol ourselves meh...

Most drivers here have the mentality that since petrol station employed attendants, so this is their job to pump petrol and most drivers would rather wait for them to come than DIY themselves.

Singapore is probably the only first world country in the whole world with petrol pump attendents. And it's still a mystery why these petrol companies still haven't do away with pump attendents despite the constant cries of labour shortage.

but occasionally if I see the queue is long, i'll let them pump while I go queue so the next person don't have to wait so long..

there was a few times I refilling the petrol myself, other drivers walk pass give you a "WTF is this guy doing" look.. cannot pump petrol ourselves meh...

Singapore is probably the only first world country in the whole world with petrol pump attendents. And it's still a mystery why these petrol companies still haven't do away with pump attendents despite the constant cries of labour shortage.

Not true leh, I remember pumping petrol in Japan, they still have attendants

If they are there I will let them top up. If they are not, I usually start the pumping and walk to the payment counter to start queueing, letting the attendants to finish the job to save time.

So far never encounter any WTF look from anyone. And this is at Caltex.

two possibilities.

1. privilege that was given for a long time, becomes an entitlement.. so if they cut the pump attendants, may indirectly result to lesser sales of petrol at that particular station. or they did survey that SGreans spend more time pump petrol on their own than using pump attendant which may cause loss of sales over time.

2. employs old uncle as full-time. office back end got more quota. (then again, I see pump attendant also more FT nowadays..)

I for sure pump myself most of the time and will not be affected if they remove pump attendant.. but I think it would be good if they keep the opening for senior citizens just want to make a simple living..

while on this topic, I hate it when I pump myself and have to go into the station to make payment.. can't they be like m'sia where we can insert the CC and have the necessary deducted? like that save more time and faster... I am never interested in what they are selling in the FairPrice/Cheers or 7-11....

If they are there I will let them top up. If they are not, I usually start the pumping and walk to the payment counter to start queueing, letting the attendants to finish the job to save time.

So far never encounter any WTF look from anyone. And this is at Caltex.

I usually go ESSO because I using the Esso DBS card for discount..

got a few times people give me those stares like I did something wrong to pump petrol myself.. last I checked, my top does not look same same as those uncles leh...

• Praise 1

Why so many problems?

I always pump myself but 80% of the time, the attendant has already rushed forward (sometimes even helping to open the fuel cap).

I feel quite bad telling them that I will do it myself.

Why so many problems?

I always pump myself but 80% of the time, the attendant has already rushed forward (sometimes even helping to open the fuel cap).

I feel quite bad telling them that I will do it myself.

I find no problem tellling them I want to fill up myself even after they open the fuel cap for me. often, they seems happy and delighted.

• Praise 1

I don't necessarily fill myself if the attendant has already come to me, but I always make sure the right nozzle has been inserted before making my way to the cashier to queue up.

↡ Advertisement