Healthcare financing -Medishield/Life, etc

RadX

Thought I'd leave this post here from my post in other thread for those who are in medishield

ok i do my good deed here

For all of you all, your medishield, change to plan A immed......it really saves your pocket. Gahmen puts u on plan b by default. However, you co pay 80%. With just additional loading of not much ALL FR MEDISAVE, and you upgrade to Plan A, you co pay 10%

for example, each dialysis session costs $200.....i only pay $20. And monthly it all comes from my medisave...i DUN PAY A CENT. If not u think i can drive my car now?? most prolly not

so do yourselves and family a good deed. Call the insurance that services your medishield, either income or GE, and change NOW! u never know when u need it. I am glad i changed when i was healthy..phew!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

radx, how to do I find out I'm under which plan? Must call up income, GE or Prudential to find out? or can find out from CPF Singpass login?

Understand your dialysis cost, cause my late dad was a renal failure patient too and hooked to the machine 3 time per week for 20 over years before his heart gave up during one of the dialysis session.

thks for the heads up. Frankly i really dont give a thought what all this shield is all about.

better heed now while we can... [nod]

Edited by Hamburger

Chk w cpf

They now out sourced to pte cos like ntuc

So ntuc will be taking up u plan

thks for the heads up. Frankly i really dont give a thought what all this shield is all about.

better heed now when we can... [nod]

Yup... U never know whn u need it n I am damn lucky I did the cfange before my illness

General car discussion?

Yes cos if u dun hv cannot buy car😀😀😀

Thks

I'm not sure what plan I'm under, I got my from prudential, every mth have to pay a certain figure but if warded, pay $0, my wife have to pay a certain sum but hers also upgraded.

What is Plan A? is it the one they call enhanced medishield , where you buy from one the 4 main big insurance company?

because drive car very stress here so its a health issue.. [laugh]

I've downgraded to travel on lane 3 on expressway and it's still stress, indeed a health issue [laugh]

What is Plan A? is it the one they call enhanced medishield , where you buy from one the 4 main big insurance company?

Ya... I'm also searching high and low on CPF website and insurer website to find out what is Medishield Plan A and Plan B.

Radx, please tell us leh.

Chk your cpf online

My cpf online says I have one "Medisave-approved Private Integrated Shield plan with Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited." , Is this the plan A? This one sold to me by my insurance agent friend, deduct from medisave, and additional cash payment for rider.

My cpf online says I have one "Medisave-approved Private Integrated Shield plan with Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited." , Is this the plan A? This one sold to me by my insurance agent friend, deduct from medisave, and additional cash payment for rider.

From memory, There should be 3 plan, the highest is don't need to pay a single cent, you have any idea how whether u have to pay?

Not entirely true cuase the co-pay element should be in the range of 10-20% and not the other way round. 80% is too much...

Thought I'd leave this post here from my post in other thread for those who are in medishield

ok i do my good deed here

For all of you all, your medishield, change to plan A immed......it really saves your pocket. Gahmen puts u on plan b by default. However, you co pay 80%. With just additional loading of not much ALL FR MEDISAVE, and you upgrade to Plan A, you co pay 10%

for example, each dialysis session costs $200.....i only pay $20. And monthly it all comes from my medisave...i DUN PAY A CENT. If not u think i can drive my car now?? most prolly not

so do yourselves and family a good deed. Call the insurance that services your medishield, either income or GE, and change NOW! u never know when u need it. I am glad i changed when i was healthy..phew!

bro, are you referring to Class A from this site? http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home...ated_Plans.html

So company pays 10% of the premium?

↡ Advertisement