Healthcare financing -Medishield/Life, etc

RadX

My cpf online says I have one "Medisave-approved Private Integrated Shield plan with Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited." , Is this the plan A? This one sold to me by my insurance agent friend, deduct from medisave, and additional cash payment for rider.

u chk with Prudential.....and ask if it is Plan A of b......

↡ Advertisement

Not entirely true cuase the co-pay element should be in the range of 10-20% and not the other way round. 80% is too much...

yes, that was the old and by default you are put on that.....unless you change

thus, Khaw's $8 was true leh

btw, i stayed in orrpital last wknd, $0 from pocket.....all thru medisave/shield

Medishield is the min protection you can have medically.

I'm from healthcare and my family buy max cover since young. Children since day 1.

Khaw Boon Wan did the good thing by tell everyone to go into the plan.

Buy early as well. If you wait till you have chronic illness, you can only drool over the benefit and lament.

Premiums not high for younger people.

Its a kind of group insurance, like those in NS times.

Medishield is the min protection you can have medically.

I'm from healthcare and my family buy max cover since young. Children since day 1.

Khaw Boon Wan did the good thing by tell everyone to go into the plan.

Buy early as well. If you wait till you have chronic illness, you can only drool over the benefit and lament.

Premiums not high for younger people.

Its a kind of group insurance, like those in NS times.

yup...thanks boss for adding your views. Many ppl dunch noe until it hits them. Good to plan early, and the premium is taken out of medisave, transparent to the insured

Supercharged

Mine is from NTUC. And i bought rider to cover 100% payment, which means i don't pay anything on the hospital bill. Bight this for entire family, except for my father who had heart bypass. Ntuc REFUSED to cover him 100%.

Thought I'd leave this post here from my post in other thread for those who are in medishield

ok i do my good deed here

For all of you all, your medishield, change to plan A immed......it really saves your pocket. Gahmen puts u on plan b by default. However, you co pay 80%. With just additional loading of not much ALL FR MEDISAVE, and you upgrade to Plan A, you co pay 10%

for example, each dialysis session costs $200.....i only pay $20. And monthly it all comes from my medisave...i DUN PAY A CENT. If not u think i can drive my car now?? most prolly not

so do yourselves and family a good deed. Call the insurance that services your medishield, either income or GE, and change NOW! u never know when u need it. I am glad i changed when i was healthy..phew!

Hi bro, thanx for this thread.after looking at this thread, I went to call Ntuc income and found out that I am on income shield plan MA. Is this the plan A u talking about?

I ask for them if there is any better plan and they refer me to one financial consultant. The guy told me of one enhance income shield. But I need to go thru a check up to see whether I got any existing illness. If there is, there might be a exclusion.

Currently my BMi is 33.5 . The guy say Ntuc will reject any BMi more than 33.. Also, this week, I just start my high blood pressure medicine because I have mild hypertension. I am 26 yrs old btw.

He say that if I get the enhanced income shield, Ntuc will reject my heart related disease claim. But if next time I kenna any heart disease, althought I am on enhanced income shield, Ntuc will still pay my bill based on my income shield plan MA because I was insured under plan MA b4 this highblood pressure was discovered.

Is this true?? I dun think its true right?? I think it's more of the guy trying to get my deal then just smoke ,e right??

Hi bro, thanx for this thread.after looking at this thread, I went to call Ntuc income and found out that I am on income shield plan MA. Is this the plan A u talking about?

I ask for them if there is any better plan and they refer me to one financial consultant. The guy told me of one enhance income shield. But I need to go thru a check up to see whether I got any existing illness. If there is, there might be a exclusion.

Currently my BMi is 33.5 . The guy say Ntuc will reject any BMi more than 33.. Also, this week, I just start my high blood pressure medicine because I have mild hypertension. I am 26 yrs old btw.

He say that if I get the enhanced income shield, Ntuc will reject my heart related disease claim. But if next time I kenna any heart disease, althought I am on enhanced income shield, Ntuc will still pay my bill based on my income shield plan MA because I was insured under plan MA b4 this highblood pressure was discovered.

Is this true?? I dun think its true right?? I think it's more of the guy trying to get my deal then just smoke ,e right??

the ntuc guy is correct.

that's why getting health insurance as early as possible is crucial.

the ntuc guy is correct.

that's why getting health insurance as early as possible is crucial.

what about the part where if i upgrade now to enhanced income shield and they exclude my heart related disease. then i kenna heart disease, eill they still pay me base on my old plan MA?

you'll still be cover by the very Basic Medishield but the percentage covers is not adequate, you still have to fork out alot of cash and the percent coverage get worst if you stay in class B and above,. That's why Khaw intro the enhance version.

I remember Aviva or another company, if if you show no symptoms for 5 or more years, they can reinstate your exclusion for the enhance medishield.

On top of medical coverage, I think you need also to take care of your body. Still only 26 & have high blood pressure liao, BMI need to lower as well. On top of all these, our local delights are not very healthy in general. My suggestion is always try to have more home prepared/cooked food, (& avoid supper). but many people ignored what I say, & think its too troublesome. As long as you do not try anything too fancy, its actually fairly easy to make a simple healthy meal.

Edited by Kiadaw

what about the part where if i upgrade now to enhanced income shield and they exclude my heart related disease. then i kenna heart disease, eill they still pay me base on my old plan MA?

no. u can only have one hospitalisation insurance plan in effect at any one time.

So if u upgrade, u have to accept the exclusion. They won't pay you.

You can either lose lot of weight, see if your hypertension can be resolved, then try to upgrade.

If not, just stick to your current plan which covers all your hospitalisation diagnoses.

Supersonic

yes, that was the old and by default you are put on that.....unless you change

thus, Khaw's $8 was true leh

btw, i stayed in orrpital last wknd, $0 from pocket.....all thru medisave/shield

eh harlow.....medisave oso ur money hor. u tok maciam ah gong drop money into ur cpf for free liddat.

eh harlow.....medisave oso ur money hor. u tok maciam ah gong drop money into ur cpf for free liddat.

but at least my pocket still got cash....and the marni invisible wan lah [laugh] [laugh]

Hi all, I understand that i need to try to lose weight.. haha.. dunno y since i start work last year, i ballooned abit... recently bought a bicycle and started to cycle quite alot.. hope i can lose some weight too..

Anyway, I am just thinking, If i go for check up, and because i just start taking hypertension medicine, my blood pressure will be lower now. so if i dun tell the doctor, how would he and NTUC know that i have hypertension?

I know that next time when they find out, they will reject all claims but, how do they find out?

Possible?

Anyway Medisave die already also cannot take out.. even next of kin also cannot see it out as cash..

And it pays interest of 4%. Assuming u have 30k in medisave, every year the interest earned is $1200.. so technically to buy enhanced shield plan coverage, its kinda FOC from interest earned.. so should cover until gao gao..

I seriously don't understand some people who simply don't look into the most important insurance in Singapore, which is enhanced shield plan..

Mine is from NTUC. And i bought rider to cover 100% payment, which means i don't pay anything on the hospital bill. Bight this for entire family, except for my father who had heart bypass. Ntuc REFUSED to cover him 100%.

I have done the same thing to myself and whole family.

I bought the highest medishield plan from AIA and also the rider covering the co-insurance in 2010 June.

Unlucky to develop an illness 4 mths later in Oct 2010.

Went to NUH and surgery was schedule 1 week later as NUH said not critical.

Was in pain and called my AIA agent. My AIA agent told me straightaway go to

Mount Elizabeth or Mount Alvernia since my plan cover everything.

Went Mount Alvernia and was operated on that very day. Stay at a single ward

after Mount Alvernia know about my insurance plan. Just a 2 night stay and the bill come to ard 10k.

Very lucky that I don't have to pay a single cents and also enjoyed 1st class service

from Mount Alvernia.

My first hospitalised experience at 36 yrs old. After that I upgraded my whole family

to the highest plan from AIA and include the cash rider to cover the co-insurance.

In Singapore, really can die but cannot sick.

↡ Advertisement