Healthcare financing -Medishield/Life, etc

RadX

Dont talk co-ck lah.

Even if the premium is $1000/ annum, it is still $83.33/mth and can be paid using Medisave.

So many have no qualms forking out more than $10/ pack of ciggies....

I think some may get misunderstood. To clear people doubts, there are 2 components to integrated shield plan that insurance company offer. The basic one is pay by CPF Medisave, that basically take care for most of the hospital bills except for 1st 2k to 3k+ deductible depending on the ward the person stay and 10% co-insurance. For more comprehensive coverage, add on rider that comes into play. The rider is a cash paying premium that provide coverage for deductible and co-insurance.

Some people may have the thinking of " I am insured under company insurance " and do not see the need. But well for company insurance, if the person change job, the future employer may not have that benefit coverage. So it is always wise to have at least the basic integrated shield plan. I mean no one will know what will happen to a person in future. He/she may be at pink of health, but what if few years down the road, the person is diagnosed with some medical conditions. By then, insurance company may not want to cover the person or there will be some exclusion depending on what type of medical condition and how serious it is ( even if it is fully recovered ) .

↡ Advertisement

Dont talk co-ck lah.

Even if the premium is $1000/ annum, it is still $83.33/mth and can be paid using Medisave.

So many have no qualms forking out more than $10/ pack of ciggies....

totally agreed.. i see so many pple smoking and that's easily 200-300 per month. dun tell me no money to buy insurance. it is a matter of priority

bro, u scope top n bottom got GA?

no, they call it sedation. means go to sleep. the "sleep" last for only 20 min. the only pain you feel is that one needle to put in the sedation, otherwise it is totally painless procedure.

nope. IBS.

top scope and bottom scope, plus doctor fee and med. 3-4k. plus a couple of doc visits each time also $150-180. fully claimable. add up to 4k.

I thought medishield covers hospitalization only, but yours sounds like outpatient treatment?

It is still too expensive for normal Singaporeans. How many can afford to pay a few hundred in premiums a year? Only the top 30 -40%. How about the rest? They deserve to die?

Too expensive? I have seen uncles and aunties splurging 4D in minimum of $50 every weekend!

The medisave a little inflexible... I have $$ stuck inside and I would love to use it to pay for my grandaunt... However can only pay for immediate family. What bulls is that.. my own $$ yet got rules saying I cannot pay for other relatives.

i believe this was discussed before, you money for your own, your aunt should have her own medisave, simple as that. If you use up all your mediasave to save others, what if you are sick one day? how?

The medisave a little inflexible... I have $$ stuck inside and I would love to use it to pay for my grandaunt... However can only pay for immediate family. What bulls is that.. my own $$ yet got rules saying I cannot pay for other relatives.

I thought medishield covers hospitalization only, but yours sounds like outpatient treatment?

cover all or most..last time cover one muz overnite stay

now onboard treatment included,meaning no need stay overnite

no, they call it sedation. means go to sleep. the "sleep" last for only 20 min. the only pain you feel is that one needle to put in the sedation, otherwise it is totally painless procedure.

ok thanks,coz my friend poke bottom, he said v pain :D

Can write in to CPF to appeal. If they approve then can use lo. Did that before for one of my non-immediate family.

cover all or most..last time cover one muz overnite stay

now onboard treatment included,meaning no need stay overnite

But I think there is a limit to how many days before and after the hospitalisation than can claim. Outside that timeframe then cannot claim for these outpatient visits already. IIRC for Prudential it is 180 before and after the hospitalisation.

ok thanks,coz my friend poke bottom, he said v pain :D

maybe got diff between govt hospi and pte.

my fren poke top he also say very jialat.

but i totally knock out, wake up no feeling also.

insurance refer to it as surgical table. as long got, then claimable. but depends on co also. mine is GE, can claim. not all can.

to add to my earlier comment, since scope with pte spec is about 4k.. and my premium is 400+ per year.. and since colon scope should be done every 10-15 years. just treat it as you save up every yr to do a pte spec colon scope every 10 yrs.. and everything else that you claim for other than this (*touchwood*) is FOC. maybe you might feel better

anyway for those that smoke, $400+ a year is no big deal compare to what you spend on ciggies. and all the more important since u are likely to have higher risk of tio something tua zhong

$400 a year? that is quite a lot. My medishield is only $216 a year. What is your age group? I am late thirties. I also took the most expensive plan where you can go private and "as charged"

$400 a year? that is quite a lot. My medishield is only $216 a year. What is your age group? I am late thirties. I also took the most expensive plan where you can go private and "as charged"

mine is $600+....... [bigcry]

• Praise 1

Mine is from NTUC. And i bought rider to cover 100% payment, which means i don't pay anything on the hospital bill. Bight this for entire family, except for my father who had heart bypass. Ntuc REFUSED to cover him 100%.

NTUC rider cover 100% cash meh?

NTUC rider cover 100% cash meh?

NTUC currently do not have rider that covers 100% for hospital bills, thus they have rider that compensate it by giving cash payout per day when admitted to hospital ( also depending on what rider the person had under NTUC ) .

For rider, a layman person can be quite confusing, so best is to check with your financial adviser for advise on what you guys had at least for integrated shield plan. So that you guys will have a better informed decision on what you guys are covered.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1