Dun always bash summon aunties lah....

Simonsoh

Twincharged

I notice some warden they lazy so just pick random cars. lol. I know a carpark where the warden just see any car no coupon and assume is season holder.

Over there I don't bother to put coupon at all. Put coupon and exceed sure got summon. No coupon always no summon.

↡ Advertisement

people say what they ambush, hide and wait for you to go and paste sticker etc.... come come... i have a positive story to share...

i was summoned 28mins after coupon expired. so kana $6 loh... so u know means what? if summon auntie wait juz wait 2 mins, she could summon me $10... 2mins so easy to pass, juz check the next few cars... but did the aunty do it? NO! she detected a expired coupon and issue a ticket on the spot! no dirty tricks!

so u see hor... aunty have integrity hor... dun always say their bad stories...

They are just doing the job. This is not an easy job. Same goes to all of us.

Edited by HP_Lee

There is no such thing as grace...

either the coupon still valid or expired...

no such thing as grace period

No money dun drive

No put coupon... be prepared to get summon

get summon.. pls pay

End of story

No money dun drive ..well thats what the govt new rule wanted it to be.

Btw I always put coupon at any place I parked cos to me 50c against $30 is lots of differences.

Just that those summon that I got (not many though) the time of offence is always 15 mins after the

expiry time. Most recent summon I got was last year Time of Offence: 5:11pm Expired Time: 4:55pm

so thats make me think there actually a 15 mins grace period before they will issue/print the summon.

No money dun drive ..well thats what the govt new rule wanted it to be.

Btw I always put coupon at any place I parked cos to me 50c against $30 is lots of differences.

Just that those summon that I got (not many though) the time of offence is always 15 mins after the

expiry time. Most recent summon I got was last year Time of Offence: 5:11pm Expired Time: 4:55pm

so thats make me think there actually a 15 mins grace period before they will issue/print the summon.

That is the way to motoring! [cool]

I have been late to the car sometimes and have received summons for parking beyond the expiry time. I accept the compound fine. So far, I make it a point to put more than I expect to park.

To me, it is not the fear/probability of getting a parking ticket but doing the right thing. I cannot imagine why people would not want to pay for their parking - where is the honor?

I think some people don't put coupon not because troublesome, but because they want to see if they can get away with 'free' parking. It's a risk of course, but if you 'win' it's like beating the Govt.

Some people got that kind of thinking and mentality.

This is so true. I know someone at work like that. When cheat the system he'll feel very shiok. But when he receives summons, he'll kpkb and find all sorts of reasons to write in for waiver

This is so true. I know someone at work like that. When cheat the system he'll feel very shiok. But when he receives summons, he'll kpkb and find all sorts of reasons to write in for waiver

Well, given how much Govt take from us, sometimes we take back a bit also shiok la... [:p]

Well, given how much Govt take from us, sometimes we take back a bit also shiok la... [:p]

Their form of taking is called 'taxation';

Your form of taking is called 'cheating' ^_^

This is call sway lol..i dun like to tear coupons too.. feel troublesome & timing to leave. sometimes is unpredicable .. prefer ERP CP but dislike hourly CP..

Exactly! And most people who tear coupons usually just litter the stubs anyways, its bad for the environment too haha.

Their form of taking is called 'taxation';

Your form of taking is called 'cheating' ^_^

wah... talk until so serious ah?

ok, lets paint a scenario...

u go friend house play mahjong. u estimate play 3 hours, so tear 6 purples. but at 2hrs 55min still not ending soon cuz one guy keep diao zheng... minimum 60mins to go. do u stand up, take a break and go downstairs to tear 2 more purple? if not, is it blatantly cheating?

if u go to your car after 4 hours... what do u do next? do u tear 2 more purple for the 1hr you cheated? and throw away all 8 purples into the bin immediately after you tear? or do you call hdb ask what should you do to pay the $1? that you have cheated the govt? blatantly, may i add, cuz at 2hrs 55min, you already knew what you tear wasnt enuff.

or do u juz drive away smiling?

That is the way to motoring! [cool]

I have been late to the car sometimes and have received summons for parking beyond the expiry time. I accept the compound fine. So far, I make it a point to put more than I expect to park.

To me, it is not the fear/probability of getting a parking ticket but doing the right thing. I cannot imagine why people would not want to pay for their parking - where is the honor?

The way I see it is, why can't they just bill us our total parking charges at the end of the month? Since they're already installing ERP based gantries in lots of carparks, it would be easy to set up a system that tracks and monitors each IU, and charges the owner of the vehicle directly either through GIRO, or issuing a statement that must be settled within a set period before being "fined".

This would get rid of the unnecessary under - or - over tearing of coupons.

Which brings me to my last point. I am quite baffled as to why places such as east coast/pasir ris beach etc, which are places for people to go for sports, picnics, enjoying outdoors, are not free for parking? I mean... come on!! Town, shopping centres and all these I can understand ... but ... nature places? I can never ever fathom why, and will never agree with whatever reasons they can provide.

you all better dont comprain summon auntie

wait ah gong completely do away with summon aunite and rely on Pervasive Use of Summon Camera, then you know :D

MY people are already kpkb-ing about their MY Govt Pervasive Use of Summon Camera

now they support kopi O [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yesterday.. My perception of them changed.. 2 guys.. they were going around summoning.. At 8.45pm.. At Seah Im Carpark.. then one rider came and asked.. why he tio summon and all.. after the mata explain.. mata very humbly apologised.. because he had no choice.. Wow.. I was moved.. literally.. some aunties like to kpkb.. and like to be rude.. but those 2 guys I saw yesterday.. hats off.. very humble..

The way I see it is, why can't they just bill us our total parking charges at the end of the month? Since they're already installing ERP based gantries in lots of carparks, it would be easy to set up a system that tracks and monitors each IU, and charges the owner of the vehicle directly either through GIRO, or issuing a statement that must be settled within a set period before being "fined".

Which brings me to my last point. I am quite baffled as to why places such as east coast/pasir ris beach etc, which are places for people to go for sports, picnics, enjoying outdoors, are not free for parking? I mean... come on!! Town, shopping centres and all these I can understand ... but ... nature places? I can never ever fathom why, and will never agree with whatever reasons they can provide.

There are a few free car parks for park users..... But can't tell too many people, else these car parks will be full... :D

There are a few free car parks for park users..... But can't tell too many people, else these car parks will be full... :D

Bro, got lobang must share share ma ... haha! [laugh]

You can PM me if you're afraid the news will spread like wildfire lol.

wah... talk until so serious ah?

ok, lets paint a scenario...

u go friend house play mahjong. u estimate play 3 hours, so tear 6 purples. but at 2hrs 55min still not ending soon cuz one guy keep diao zheng... minimum 60mins to go. do u stand up, take a break and go downstairs to tear 2 more purple? if not, is it blatantly cheating?

if u go to your car after 4 hours... what do u do next? do u tear 2 more purple for the 1hr you cheated? and throw away all 8 purples into the bin immediately after you tear? or do you call hdb ask what should you do to pay the $1? that you have cheated the govt? blatantly, may i add, cuz at 2hrs 55min, you already knew what you tear wasnt enuff.

or do u juz drive away smiling?

What would you do based on your own scenario? Then I will tell you how I approach it. :D

I would that they install such gantries. BTW, one such barrier arm gantry with the EPS system, CCTV with maintenance is expensive. I hope they install such gantries in ALL carparks - I hate seeing cheaters. Go to BB Park and you see almost no one putting coupons. Lower Pierce is free and you see almost no chance to park if you are there after 7am. Put in EPS, and you will get a decent chance as some are residents who live nearby who need another carpark lot.

I have my fair share of removing the wrong tab, and expired unused coupons that I couldnt bother to exchange (troublesome)

As to why some carparks like nature parks are not free, it has to do with sharing of scarce resource. Else, people will park for long long time and depriving others of the use of the park. Then these who cannot park will complain. Perhaps one day, and I am suggesting - that those who park longer be made to pay incrementally more.

eg. in EPS carparks, first hour free. 2nd hour - $2. 3rd hour and above, additonal $1.50 per hour or part thereof. I am ALL for it if the parking situation does not improve.

Bro, got lobang must share share ma ... haha! [laugh]

You can PM me if you're afraid the news will spread like wildfire lol.

One small match stick can burn down a forest, you know? [laugh]

Ok, don't say I never share, and don't say I share the obvious.... Here is one of them:-

ECP - the open car park near the marine parade flyover, facing the sea..... You don't know ahh?! :D

↡ Advertisement