Which Duragloss should I get for this job?

Vino

Hi Benny,

I intend to use a 2000 grit sandpaper to sand down a deep scratch on my bonnet so I'm looking for a polishing compound and a sealant to finish off the job by hand without machine. Most recommended Meguiars for those specific jobs but I'm having a difficult time finding them. I did a quick search and found your Duragloss to be of high quality too. As I'm not a car enthusiast so I'm rather confused with most car detailing products including the extensive range of Duragloss products.

Can you tell me which is the Duragloss polishing compound and sealant that best suit the job that I intend to work on?

Appreciate your help.

Click below YouTube for a better understanding of the work that I need to do.

Edited by Vino
↡ Advertisement

wet sanding is risky if you are unsure what to do. For meguiars products. you can find them at most HomeFix store or NTUC.

Not too sure how deep is the scratch. If you can feel it with your fingernails, then the scratch is too deep to remove. If not, you can try on Meguiars Ultimate Compound to remove the scratch and finish it with Ultimate polish and a wax.

Good luck!

wet sanding is risky if you are unsure what to do. For meguiars products. you can find them at most HomeFix store or NTUC.

Not too sure how deep is the scratch. If you can feel it with your fingernails, then the scratch is too deep to remove. If not, you can try on Meguiars Ultimate Compound to remove the scratch and finish it with Ultimate polish and a wax.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip.

The scratch is deep like what you see in the youtube clip. Martin (youtube guy) did all these by hand without machine 1. sand down 2. polish compound 3. cleaner wax.

So I think it can be done.

Hi Benny, I have spent some time going through your Maddetailer website. Can you tell me is this correct?

Polishing Compound - Duragloss PreCleaner 652

Cleaner Wax - Duragloss Polish Cleaner 101

Sealant - Duragloss Paint Sealant 105

Thanks again.

Hand only no machine.

Ok..by hand may takes long time..Do it with DG652 first cos it is safe for hand application..after 652..either 105 or any sealant will be sufficient

BTW, is Duragloss Paint Bonding Agent 601 a polishing compound too?

Paint bonding acts like a glue for a polymer sealant..those epoxy part a and b

Ok..by hand may takes long time..Do it with DG652 first cos it is safe for hand application..after 652..either 105 or any sealant will be sufficient

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you think it's better to use the DG Polish Cleaner 101 instead of the DG PreCleaner 652 as the 101 is milder?

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you think it's better to use the DG Polish Cleaner 101 instead of the DG PreCleaner 652 as the 101 is milder?

Hi Vino..dun mention..101 is non abrasive..652 is better for this..u got to have a lot of patience..may takes awhile..Do it small section first

Hi Vino..dun mention..101 is non abrasive..652 is better for this..u got to have a lot of patience..may takes awhile..Do it small section first

I see. Is 652 the mildest abrasive polishing compound from DG or is this the only polishing compound from DG?

I see. Is 652 the mildest abrasive polishing compound from DG or is this the only polishing compound from DG?

DG dun really manufacture cutting compound ..the DG652 is consider the most abrasive among all DG

Edited by Maddriver

DG dun really manufacturer cutting compound for manufacturer..the DG652 is consider the most abrasive among all DG

OK. If you say 652 can be done by hand then I think should be fine.

Thanks again.