Shooting the Singapore Sar21

Kiadaw

Still prefer M16. As SAR 21 parade is damn xiong....BTW I think this video has been posted before. Anyone can confirm

Sar 21=weapon designed in a lab that is great for the lab and range, but stupid on the field. Typical of what our local scholars do.

It is a weapon that has a natural aura that attracts extra duties.

It got even more silly when they decided to include a m203 launcher on the sar21.

Can't help but notice the similarity with Steyr AUG which MAF is spotted using in the current Sabah conflict.

Both riffles have the clip behind the trigger.

Can't help but notice the similarity with Steyr AUG which MAF is spotted using in the current Sabah conflict.

Both riffles have the clip behind the trigger.

I think more like Steyr started the trend of the mag at the rear design which started all the copying by others...... [:p]

Sar 21=weapon designed in a lab that is great for the lab and range, but stupid on the field. Typical of what our local scholars do.

It is a weapon that has a natural aura that attracts extra duties.

It got even more silly when they decided to include a m203 launcher on the sar21.

If it ain't broken, why fix it? The M16 and related development are trial tested in the Iraq and Afgan campaign. Why did we even bother to push our the SAR21. Have to admit it looks pretty cool though. :D

Having used both M16 & SAR21 I think the SAR21 is better in the sense that it require less cleaning after firing the rifle. The exhaust gas is isolated from the chamber and bolt assembly. You actually get to rest instead of cleaning the rifle. And you hardly get any IA becos of this. The mag is also better as it does not cause jam or no feeding. It's a more reliable and less maintenance dan the M16.

The optics and laser pointer increase accuracy. But if you run out of batt the laser pointer cannot use.

Now about the cons, the weight, it's heavier dan the M16. The rifle is designed for right master arm. Lefty have to adapt. SAF still using the M16 rifle sling for the SAR21. It's clumsy to use even for the M16. And when you back sling the weapon your back will hurt. So it's a stupid sling.

Overall IMO it's still a vast improvement from the aging M16.

Having carried and used both rifles, still prefer the M16 for its ease to move around.

SAR21 excels in accuracy and shooting, but like some bros mentioned, its feels better with the M16 outfield.

Nothing beats the assault rifle featured below:

The above demonstration is not to be replicated under any circumstances though... :blink:

Both m16 n SAR 21 have it's pro and con .

But end of the day is the human that deploy it and use it that count.

Must hit the target.

Maybe those doing defend will like SAR 21 becos shooting is accurate and easy.

Those chiong mountain and lurp one probably like m16 better.

But just like auto and manual car, it is the driver with knowledge that can squeeze the best out from the machine.

Just my 2 cents worth

Check out a forever-favourite-comparison of the M4 representing democracy vs AK supposingly from "evil empires":

(Fast forward to 3:30 to see why AKs are favourites of grunts in the field, jungle muddy or even at the field kitchen [laugh] [laugh]

my friend told me he fired using his SAR till the grip actually started to melt. I would think that the grip reached its glass transition temperature rather.

I rather use the M16

Turbocharged

If it ain't broken, why fix it? The M16 and related development are trial tested in the Iraq and Afgan campaign. Why did we even bother to push our the SAR21. Have to admit it looks pretty cool though. :D

To be fair...The M16 suffered many issues. It's initial batch and version are full or problems with jamming and unreliability... The worst is lives were paid when they fielded the M16 during the Vietnam war.

↡ Advertisement