Shooting the Singapore Sar21

Kiadaw

your friend damn tua kang.there's once we need to last min stand in as aggressor and our sar need special appearance and use for suppress fire instead of usual mg.6 mag full and all expended by 1st contact.

your friend got tell u he needs to carry extra barrel for his sar also bor?hahaha

i dont know what you are trying to convey actually.

Well from 300m away, unless one has a scope the famous Figure 11 target looks like a pin head through our beloved M-16's iron sights down at the range.

As far as a normal rifleman is concerned any hostiles beyond that range is quite difficult to hit especially under wartime conditions so IMHO the AK is well suited for its role liao, granted it is already well known to be not a accurate rifle in the first place. Besides if every soldier in a combat zone can shoot as well as they do during peace time in a controlled environment at the range then their enemies will have been cut down in platoon or company strength in no time.

Packing a punch in the sense that the bigger 7.62mm ball round tip can cause more damage than the smaller 5.56mm counterpart.

Just my two cents [wave]

Why they don't issue everyone a SS

i don't really care about the characteristics of the weapon honestly.

It's just much a much safer weapon on the range compared to m16 period.

see through magazine

hardly ever IA when at range

safe button much more difficult to activate, less chance of misfire

And really i would say much easier to pass your ACS with that scope, especially night shooting (i was a night bobo shooter with m16)

[laugh]

i don't really care about the characteristics of the weapon honestly.

It's just much a much safer weapon on the range compared to m16 period.

see through magazine

hardly ever IA when at range

safe button much more difficult to activate, less chance of misfire

And really i would say much easier to pass your ACS with that scope, especially night shooting (i was a night bobo shooter with m16)

[laugh]

MOs also have to go range meh?

[laugh] [laugh]

MOs also have to go range meh?

[laugh] [laugh]

Only if u have one arm or are ki xiao, then no need to do range in SAF lah.

anyway i would prefer a SAR-21 any day, much less chance of some idiot putting a round into me at range.

please hor, even with the scope + laser finder, my detail for ROD shoot still got bobo one lor !!! somemore monetary award is awarded to whole detail, not individual .....

Only if u have one arm or are ki xiao, then no need to do range in SAF lah.

anyway i would prefer a SAR-21 any day, much less chance of some idiot putting a round into me at range.

OIC. Thought you guys or the medics are bounded by some Red Cross rules or some international laws like Geneva Conventions not to bear arms no?

Anywaz I think its good that some weapons knowledge is essential for anyone wearing a uniform as far as self-defence is concerned. IIRC all US Marines even clerks or cooks are basic infantryman.

Just curious if AA or AAA batteries are now part of our full-pack items for the SAR21's laser pointer??

Edited by Vulcann

OIC. Thought you guys or the medics are bounded by some Red Cross rules or some international laws like Geneva Conventions not to bear arms no?

Anywaz I think its good that some weapons knowledge is essential for anyone wearing a uniform as far as self-defence is concerned. IIRC all US Marines even clerks or cooks are basic infantryman.

Just curious if AA or AAA batteries are now part of our full-pack items for the SAR21's laser pointer??

why carry so big batteries..... :blink:

I think they use the 'cell' batteries like we use in our hand held laser pointer (3 cell batteries) .... -_-

I think they use the 'cell' batteries like we use in our hand held laser pointer (3 cell batteries) .... -_-

Nope, it uses AA size batteries for the laser pointer. So u have to include as part of ur SBO/FBO items. 1 batt for laser pointer.

neber have the chance to try the SAR21 and we carry only M16 as our long range shooter........I liked M16 when it comes to shooting but hated it when comes to FIBUA and cleaning.......luckily it's not our main weapons of choice........ [:p]

Unker I thought I dinosaur you lagi dinosaur lao zhu zong lo [laugh] [laugh]

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAR_21

"...The SAR 21 is also the first production assault rifle of its class to incorporate a built-in Laser Aiming Device (LAD)[4] (powered by a single "AA-size" battery) as standard....."

Unker I thought I dinosaur you lagi dinosaur lao zhu zong lo [laugh] [laugh]

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAR_21

"...The SAR 21 is also the first production assault rifle of its class to incorporate a built-in Laser Aiming Device (LAD)[4] (powered by a single "AA-size" battery) as standard....."

AA-size still ok lah......my unit used to have to carry those D-size batt for one of our weapons but not sure if it has been replaced since....... [laugh]

Can't help but notice the similarity with Steyr AUG which MAF is spotted using in the current Sabah conflict.

Both riffles have the clip behind the trigger.

Thats called the bullpup design where you get the same barrel length for increase accuracy without compromising the overall length of the rifle. The Steyr Aug and the FAMAS are the fore-runners of this design.

This SAR21 is of no use to me since I'm a leftie. How can it be more effective than the M16 when lefties will have a hell of a time trying to get their targets? [rolleyes]

In the Navy, only the gunners get to play with guns. Only when got surplus rounds, non-combat crews get to join in the fun. Otherwise, u will never touch a rifle or gun during ur stay in the navy.

I only fired in a range once in my lifetime. Out at sea, its rambo style firing. Switch to semi-auto or auto and spray the bullets at the target, a floating buoy.

Only fired the AR15 and M16, never tried the SAR21.

↡ Advertisement