Shooting the Singapore Sar21

Kiadaw

If it ain't broken, why fix it? The M16 and related development are trial tested in the Iraq and Afgan campaign. Why did we even bother to push our the SAR21. Have to admit it looks pretty cool though. :D

Just imagine how long it will take to zero rifles for m16. During emergency where got time to zero a few thousand rifles.

The sar is meant for a conscript army to just draw rifle and go on activation.

And the fixed scope to help accuracy, of course some bo bo no medicine to save one.

The m16 also got lotsa problem la. The USA been trying to replace it all the time but cannot due to logistical and political points.

↡ Advertisement

Just imagine how long it will take to zero rifles for m16. During emergency where got time to zero a few thousand rifles.

The sar is meant for a conscript army to just draw rifle and go on activation.

And the fixed scope to help accuracy, of course some bo bo no medicine to save one.

The m16 also got lotsa problem la. The USA been trying to replace it all the time but cannot due to logistical and political points.

Thot scope also need to zero??? [confused]

Neutral Newbie

Never did like the SAR21 when I first use it during reservist!! Added to my weight (even though it stated lighter than M16) when carrying all 3 - Full pack... SAR 21 and 84mm anti-tank/ammo pack!! [bigcry]

This SAR21 is of no use to me since I'm a leftie. How can it be more effective than the M16 when lefties will have a hell of a time trying to get their targets? [rolleyes]

that's true. most of the reshooters are lefties with left master eye.

unfortunately there's no deflector for SAR-21.

Thot scope also need to zero??? [confused]

no need zero so much.

most of the weapons pretty much can straight away hit the figure 12.

the only cons for sar21 is heavier than m16 and even with attached bayonet it's hard to reach and stab the enemy without getting side butt swing by the enemy first.pros is shorter and easy to clear obstacle and the optical sight.

i have seens joker with their m16 stuck at window when climbing into windows backsling..

both m16 and sar21 are rugged rifles which have suffered enormous torture by me and still work fine.

Edited by PorkChong

Turbocharged

In my opinion, the main draw back of the SAR 21 is the weight distribution. Its front heavy making it uncomfortable to carry using the scope handle. It also strain the shooter left hand during shooting.

that's true. most of the reshooters are lefties with left master eye.

unfortunately there's no deflector for SAR-21.

Exactly.No deflector for lefties. That's the worst sh1t engineering I have seen. At least M16 allows for deflector plate for lefties.

IF i have to go for range session with the SAR, I think I will just anyhow shoot liao, don't waste time trying to aim properly when clearly lefties were left out of the engineering process [rolleyes]

Turbocharged

Actually I was lucky to have hands on for both rifles. Both during range shooting and ATEC exercise. My main arms during NS is the CAR-15 Carbine.

I'm a leftie too and I share the same sentiments as beehive and most lefties here. It's very difficult to fire with a non-master arm and non-master eye. During FIBUA exercise it's very difficult to clear doors and aim at snap targets as the non-master eye tend to close or misalgin with the scope. (SAR 21 are factory zero so if you eye is not aglined to the scope, you will see blank from the scope!)

That split second is vital whether you kill or be killed.

I practiced the SAR will my master eye and left arm (With the cartrige pouch, taking a risk, heng no chamber explosion) and simply love the weapon as I instinctively can aim and fire without closing both eyes. In fact during clearing of rooms, the aiming of the SAR21 in built-up areas is easier as you only need to aglin to the scope. For the M16 you only rely on the sights and some "agaration" hoping you won't miss the target at close range.

The M16 is just too long for built up areas. The CAR-15 would be more ideal.

But say so much also no use since I'm a leftie and I'm will still aim like a bobo...

If really activate, I will still take my CAR-15....2.5 years full time training with it, you just cannot forgot it compared short time spend on the SAR21 training during reservist.

Turbocharged

google glass transition temperature first before you try to kay kiang.

Bro give me benefit of doubt lah, I refering to your fren... The material used for the M16's plastic handle is not so much different than the SAR-21. So if, by some extreme condition it reaches glass transition temp, if it happens to the SAR it will happen to M16 too.

Exactly.No deflector for lefties. That's the worst sh1t engineering I have seen. At least M16 allows for deflector plate for lefties.

IF i have to go for range session with the SAR, I think I will just anyhow shoot liao, don't waste time trying to aim properly when clearly lefties were left out of the engineering process [rolleyes]

i believe someone has pointed out why it cant cater for lefties. reduce chamber explosion risk but lefties all become bobo shooter -_-

Bro give me benefit of doubt lah, I refering to your fren... The material used for the M16's plastic handle is not so much different than the SAR-21. So if, by some extreme condition it reaches glass transition temp, if it happens to the SAR it will happen to M16 too.

Polymers all have glass transition points Tg which are typically much lower than so called melting points. He is not familiar with polymer engineering so i don't blame him if he thought that the polymer was melting. If you see the polymer become soft and pliable, you would certainly think it is sort of melting but no, it is probably near its Tg and also usually for polymer composites, Tg is a range and not a single temperature point.

I prefer M16.. I like the good old bayonet fighting over the unarm combat. [:p]

i forgot abt rifle PT...

imagine doing rifle PT with SAR21

[knife]

SAR21 Is safer...

I know of a guy who triggered the first chamber explosion

He was unhurt....

Not so sure if M16

haha

i think 1 of the 5 piece rod was inside the barrel

i believe someone has pointed out why it cant cater for lefties. reduce chamber explosion risk but lefties all become bobo shooter -_-

Erm.. at least come up with a deflector plate, that's the least they can do mah

↡ Advertisement