Ways of controlling big trucks / big equipments cranes

SGCMsmallcar

Dear Bro,

having seen or heard so many accidents involving trucks makes me felt that our LTA are sleeping in their job or its profit driven company? Cant see any control of this sort at all but can see they are all out to fine mods. So pls share ideas on how to control all this monster truck on the road and hope they saw this tread or any kind bros with good english can write to all minstries involved.

I start first

1) Construction trucks carrying sand / heavy equipments cranes can only travel after 11pm till 7am daily. They can speed all they want at night and easy for TP ( If they are awake n working ) catch them as less traffic on the road and they cant hide.

↡ Advertisement

bring back the yellow blinking lights on top of the driver's cabin.

every 5 incidents of blinking, black box will record time and date of incidence and have to write 5 page report to TP/LTA to explain, if not cannot renew road tax.

Many of these trucks, heavy vehicles are owned by people of influencial power one (though they study very little. Got $$$ can liao).

Been complaining about illegal roadside parking by one such company, but no one come and see. But, when our passenger cars parked there (resulting in them not able to park their heavy vehicles there), they comprain. Immediately, summon wardens will come!

Do not be too quick to judge big trucks. Before our roads are overpopulated and congested accidents involving trucks are rare.

Sure you can blame LTA but all road users have their part to play as well.

Many of these trucks, heavy vehicles are owned by people of influencial power one

(though they study very little. Got $$$ can liao).

Been complaining about illegal roadside parking by one such company, but no one come and see.

But, when our passenger cars parked there

(resulting in them not able to park their heavy vehicles there),

they comprain.Immediately, summon wardens will come!

[furious][gossip] [gossip]

Have always been a believer of:-

"Smaller ones (car, people, cyclists, etc) to watch out for the Larger ones (cement mixers, trailers, tippers, trucks, buses, etc)"

Have served me well all these years.

Have always been a believer of:-

"Smaller ones (car, people, cyclists, etc) to watch out for the Larger ones (cement mixers, trailers, tippers, trucks, buses, etc)"

Have served me well all these years.

the problem is we are watching n they are not watching.

the problem is we are watching n they are not watching.

I reckon is many a times, we're in their blind spot - by virtue of the size of their rides.

They can't see us, but if we take notice of them - may avert accidents.

They can't see us, and yet we bo hiew them - then GG liaoz.

every 5 incidents of blinking, black box will record time and date of incidence and have to write 5 page report to TP/LTA to explain, if not cannot renew road tax.

Bro, no need chance for them to explain. Maybe every 5 blinks 3 demert points??

I second a variation of this: have the speeding record triggered after 2 or 3 blinks instead of 5. Too long a buffer will allow the irresponsible ones the opportunity to do momentary speeding and result in even more reckless driving behaviour.

On top of this, all heavy vehicles should have in-vehicle cameras installed to serve as additional deterrence against erratic/irresponsible driving.

Let's compile these suggestions and send them to TP/LTA so that there is concrete action taken.

PS: Recently I encountered a tipper truck e-braking front of me in the left-most lane and then reverse 50m (after I had overtaken it) because he had missed an exit on the CTE (the new Braddell exit).

Edited by OmOm

1) Construction trucks carrying sand / heavy equipments cranes can only travel after 11pm till 7am daily. They can speed all they want at night and easy for TP ( If they are awake n working ) catch them as less traffic on the road and they cant hide.

Are you willing to work at this hour if you are the driver? Not only that, You must also see if construction site is allow to work at these hours 1st.

Even if it really implemented, You guys will still not be pleased & keep on complaining because the noise of the lorries & the construction sites has wake you up from your beauty sleep.

Are you willing to work at this hour if you are the driver? Not only that, You must also see if construction site is allow to work at these hours 1st.

Even if it really implemented, You guys will still not be pleased & keep on complaining because the noise of the lorries & the construction sites has wake you up from your beauty sleep.

Swee n respect

Using brains to tok

Aiya , put a speed limiter to all lorry , van , trucks and buses . Cannot even exceed let's say 50km /h . Problem solve . Why our government with so many salaries cannot think of such an idea ??? Remind me of my army days in a 5 ton , can excelerate from 0-50km in 5sec after constant for the rest of the journey . Anyway , how about the pap town council issue ? Pm say check but no sound no picture after tat. Any updates?

Edited by Koktong2000

Aiya , put a speed limiter to all lorry , van , trucks and buses . Cannot even exceed let's say 50km /h . Problem solve . Why our government with so many salaries cannot think of such an idea ??? Remind me of my army days in a 5 ton , can excelerate from 0-50km in 5sec after constant for the rest of the journey . Anyway , how about the pap town council issue ? Pm say check but no sound no picture after tat. Any updates?

Large lorries can understand, but vans?

What if need to accelerate in an emergency how?

Some suggestions given here are so stupid and childish that I wonder if it's because of school holidays this wk...geez.

Some suggestions given here are so stupid and childish that I wonder if it's because of school holidays this wk...geez.

don't worry, this school holidays only last 1 week........ [:p]

↡ Advertisement