Porsche GT3

Taken from autocar.co.uk

"The new GT3 is likely to have just the one transmission option: a PDK seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic. The lack of a manual option in the GT3 is sure to cause controversy among 911 purists, especially after the 911 switched to electric steering. The PDK transmission is also heavier than the manual, something at odds with the GT3

post-75136-1363941095_thumb.jpg

post-75136-1363941156_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

sometimes we have to move with technology too i guess. i know it takes away some of the fun factor, but thats progress i guess? :D just a sign of the times lah that most exotic manufacturers are phasing out manual ... owners are getting younger (and either dont know manual or not interested in manual anymore)

Taken from autocar.co.uk

"The new GT3 is likely to have just the one transmission option: a PDK seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic. The lack of a manual option in the GT3 is sure to cause controversy among 911 purists, especially after the 911 switched to electric steering. The PDK transmission is also heavier than the manual, something at odds with the GT3

Brother, just like when they adopted liquid cooling for the 996...

But PDK is faster than manual so the car is "better" at the expense of the spirit.

Win some lose some, ok lah.

[wave]

transmission has got nothing to do with cooling system leh...

no doubt PDK is faster than manual but the driver's involvement is much less...

sometimes we have to move with technology too i guess. i know it takes away some of the fun factor, but thats progress i guess? :D just a sign of the times lah that most exotic manufacturers are phasing out manual ... owners are getting younger (and either dont know manual or not interested in manual anymore)

simi progress!! last time when man was a notch above apes...they were naked! then progress and they started to wear loincloth....then later they started to wear cloth to cover themselves. Now many especially women starts to wear lesser clothing on their body and some can country have nudist camp. Progression or Regression? [:p][:p]

transmission has got nothing to do with cooling system leh...

no doubt PDK is faster than manual but the driver's involvement is much less...

Boh pian , give way to technological advancement for better performance.

As mention, loses some soul and spirit.

Like Harleys going from carb to EFI .

Nevermind lah, you can always get the previous model.

(edited)

Way to go, Porsche.

This is a company that listens and knows not to give up too much soul and spirit and pure classic fun in the name of advancement

Edited by Throttle2

last GT3 had a very track focused design with luoves , side intakes alike the turbo, I loved it!

With the lastest 991.2 , Porsche GT division somehow decided to give it a "clean look"... strangely I'm growing to "like" it too ....

Purist mah. Real man and all that nice stuff with old school. That's why every one who needs to show who is really in control still stick to manual. Just like at home switching TV channels. The real man still use manual. Walk to the TV to change channel n walk back to the sofa

(edited)

manual cars are nice when there are long open roads, or early hours. Whenever i get stuck in peak hour traffic, im so glad ive left the manual at home.  

a real man, gets his GF or wife to change the TV channels on the TV without leaving the sofa  [:)]  and btw honey, wheres my whisky on the rocks. 

Edited by MilkMan
↡ Advertisement