New 2013 Ford Mondeo

Lazyd

For starters, the 2013 ford fusion (aka ford mondeo in singapore) interior just looks like the designer is trying too hard to make it stylish but failed. The radio and control knobs are all at a position which is way too slanted. I can understand the attempt to make it easier for people to look at things but the tilt angle is way too much. It's like sitting in an upright position and watching something on your laptop with the screen tilted all the way back making it hard to look at things. The passenger in the front seat will sit in a really awkward position and cannot comfortably stretch one's legs because the weird design makes doing so very difficult. Did I mention that the steptronic option on automatic shifter is poorly placed? It's at the side of the gear knob making it rather awkward to go down a gear. In short the interior is poorly designed as is with most fords out there.

The exterior looks horrid. The front of the car looks as if it's trying to copy the Aston Martin grill. No originality there at all. The rear looks like an ugly hatchback even though it's a sedan. I haven't seen a decent looking ford in years apart from the Mustang. For all you know, after trying a Mustang, I may hate it as well.

The handling of the ford is no better than the toyota altis. You really cannot push the car hard in corners as the car feels as if it's gonna lift of the ground. Come on, I'd expect something better to come out of Ford....

Perhaps it is able to redeem itself with it's solid body shell and generally smooth 2.5l engine but it doesn't feel that powerful.

Most of these fords are pretty much trash. Even my American friend told me that after another year, the car will be put onto the used car market at dirt cheap prices cos no one wants such a thing. If you're happy with your ford, good for you but after driving it for about a week, I'm glad I don't have to drive trash any more.

Trash? You talk as if you know everything about a Ford. Until the day comes where you know how to build a car, what rights to you have to call it trash.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, sorry to hear about your unpleasant encounters with Ford. Hey, at least Ford cars are built like a tank and reliable, athough the designs or engine specs are not top notch.

If you classify Ford as trash, then I wonder how you are going to classify when you encounter the french rides, LOL :)

For me, my family have owned 2 Ford rides before, the experience was generally positive, not great but at least good.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Focus mk1 steering feel is good and handling is definitely better than most nihon & kimchi cars in its class,

but not too sure about the latest models as they have changed to electric steering...

have to agree that the interior design leaves much to be desired, but the Aston Martinish exterior is nice imho.

Always love the Focus [thumbsup] Either MK1 or MK2 as was driving a total of 10 yrs for both cars [laugh]

Hv been hoping they bring in a ECO boost model kind, but wait n wait n wait still only hv ST Manual model only.............. sad [smallcry]

• Praise 3

Twincharged

For starters, the 2013 ford fusion (aka ford mondeo in singapore) interior just looks like the designer is trying too hard to make it stylish but failed. The radio and control knobs are all at a position which is way too slanted. I can understand the attempt to make it easier for people to look at things but the tilt angle is way too much. It's like sitting in an upright position and watching something on your laptop with the screen tilted all the way back making it hard to look at things. The passenger in the front seat will sit in a really awkward position and cannot comfortably stretch one's legs because the weird design makes doing so very difficult. Did I mention that the steptronic option on automatic shifter is poorly placed? It's at the side of the gear knob making it rather awkward to go down a gear. In short the interior is poorly designed as is with most fords out there.

The exterior looks horrid. The front of the car looks as if it's trying to copy the Aston Martin grill. No originality there at all. The rear looks like an ugly hatchback even though it's a sedan. I haven't seen a decent looking ford in years apart from the Mustang. For all you know, after trying a Mustang, I may hate it as well.

The handling of the ford is no better than the toyota altis. You really cannot push the car hard in corners as the car feels as if it's gonna lift of the ground. Come on, I'd expect something better to come out of Ford....

Perhaps it is able to redeem itself with it's solid body shell and generally smooth 2.5l engine but it doesn't feel that powerful.

Most of these fords are pretty much trash. Even my American friend told me that after another year, the car will be put onto the used car market at dirt cheap prices cos no one wants such a thing. If you're happy with your ford, good for you but after driving it for about a week, I'm glad I don't have to drive trash any more.

Just because you don't like the exterior and interior you call it trash? I find the exterior nice and interior better than the japs.

• Praise 2

Always love the Focus [thumbsup] Either MK1 or MK2 as was driving a total of 10 yrs for both cars [laugh]

Hv been hoping they bring in a ECO boost model kind, but wait n wait n wait still only hv ST Manual model only.............. sad [smallcry]

I thought all STs are manual?

Frankly I would only be satisfied with another RS [sly]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Frankly I would only be satisfied with another RS [sly]

does RS get a lot of torque steer?

or does the anit-torque-steer revo-knuckle thing work well enough?

does RS get a lot of torque steer?

or does the anit-torque-steer revo-knuckle thing work well enough?

On the stock setup, I didn't notice the torque steer, maybe a little, then the LSD and Revo knuckle will sort it out.

After tuning its more obvious, but still manageable.

Just because you don't like the exterior and interior you call it trash? I find the exterior nice and interior better than the japs.

From pics seen, I like the new look too. Hope RM will bring in the up-class Vignale models in next year.

Doesn't matter if it's a local ford or american ford, certain things are the same. In general the interior and exterior design is still crap. If you've not realised by now, there is a weird slant angle on the right side of the mondeo. Regardless whether it's LHD or RHD the slant is still there and it makes whoever is sitting there feel very cramped. The seats are just as uncomfortable.

The handling on most fords is poor aside from the Focus ST. I wouldn't want to bother with such a car as well.

A week of driving a hired ford fusion in the states, and you are making such sweeping opinion. lol

The very reason why the Brits favor their fords is mainly because of it's handling, be it a mondeo or a focus, as their country roads with tight bends demand for such ride; not kuniang cars that are only suitable for urban driving.

Don't think there is R hand drive though.

Seen the new Mondeo in Guangzhou recently, so maybe the Chinese may gets to make the mustang locally as well.

Come to think that Ford are one of the few pioneer of comsumerising automobile but in recent decade mismanaged the company that why their model buay xiao. They do know a thing or 2 about making cars.

Turbocharged

Really [laugh] Maybe you can elaborate on that?

I'm on my second Mondeo, and looking forward to the launch of the 2015 model...I must be a trashman then [furious]

Bring this in if can.. Very nice car...

post-3324-0-59320900-1407299109_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-57266500-1407299239_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackyv
  • Praise 1

Bring this in if can.. Very nice car...

Yes..Yes!

A 1.5 or 1.6 ecoboost 280Nm/180bhp with gps nav and price of a jetta will storm the market.

Yes..Yes!

A 1.5 or 1.6 ecoboost 280Nm/180bhp with gps nav and price of a jetta will storm the market.

i thought there are plans to bring it this one. 1.0lL Ecoboost engine some more. Dun quote me i hearsay only.

But looking at the sloping roof at the back, headroom at the back might be as bad as the Merc GLA.

↡ Advertisement