Fake eggs at our shores

Garis

I got a shock yesterday when one of the eggs my wife bought from the market turned out to be fake. I guess most of us have watched the fake eggs from China videos on youtube and I'm totally shocked that it has reached our shores. She bought it from the egg seller from the wet market stall where one can choose individual eggs priced according to their respective size. So far I've used 4 of the 20 and one is confirmed fake. The tell tale signs:

1. Thin shell when broken

2. Egg white is very watery

3. Paper like membrane

4. Rough shell surface

5. I kept the contents in the fridge and after a day, the egg mixture has taken on a flour like consistency.

As the AVA is closed during the weekend, we've already emailed AVA and kept the content as evidence. I'll probably keep the remaining unused eggs from the stall as evidence if need be.

Here are the pics:

phuppimagerad.jpg

phuppimageanh.jpg

phuppimagepshh.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Huge profit from making them. No need to have chickens and farm. Everything made in backyard lab.

Eggs so cheap still got people wanting to fake them?

huge potential.

when you reach the level of faking an ostrich egg u strike gold [:p]

it has almost double for some bigger ones in the past few years........ -_-

Huge profit from making them. No need to have chickens and farm. Everything made in backyard lab.

They still have to farm the fake chickens, no? :huh:

• Haha! 1

you still need to have a chicken farm, rear chicken in order to harvest egg

imagine you can hire a few cheap village workers and make fake eggs in a tiny room

the profit is almost unlimited in making fake goods

it's the most blackheart merchant

Could it be a "spoilt" egg? Quite unlike for people to make fake eggs here - the cost of egg here is too cheap.

Anyway, do keep us updated of AVA's test.

Tks!

Turbocharged

you still need to have a chicken farm, rear chicken in order to harvest egg

imagine you can hire a few cheap village workers and make fake eggs in a tiny room

the profit is almost unlimited in making fake goods

it's the most blackheart merchant

What else is new?

Putting melamine in milk, dumping 12,000 dead pigs into the river, making fake eggs.

bro, which market did u purchase these eggs?

I got a shock yesterday when one of the eggs my wife bought from the market turned out to be fake. I guess most of us have watched the fake eggs from China videos on youtube and I'm totally shocked that it has reached our shores. She bought it from the egg seller from the wet market stall where one can choose individual eggs priced according to their respective size. So far I've used 4 of the 20 and one is confirmed fake. The tell tale signs:

1. Thin shell when broken

2. Egg white is very watery

3. Paper like membrane

4. Rough shell surface

5. I kept the contents in the fridge and after a day, the egg mixture has taken on a flour like consistency.

As the AVA is closed during the weekend, we've already emailed AVA and kept the content as evidence. I'll probably keep the remaining unused eggs from the stall as evidence if need be.

Here are the pics:

↡ Advertisement