Fake eggs at our shores

Garis

HSA prob gotta go through multiple rounds of verification before sending for testing.

Doubt HSA will make the results available to TS if tested positive as it will reflect badly on their associate government agency.

↡ Advertisement

morale of the story, sometimes pay a little more support local community and business, food cannot risk. I personally try best not to purchase any made in china food if possible, that include veg. and fruits unless no choice. there are local produce egg in NTUC, cold storage, giant etc

Why did you link that egg as being made in China? TS bought the loose egg from a local market and it could easily have came from any local farm. Don't jump into conclusion.

Turbocharged

Why did you link that egg as being made in China? TS bought the loose egg from a local market and it could easily have came from any local farm. Don't jump into conclusion.

No, it is not a fake egg.

We have eaten mock Char Siew, mock chicken and mock meats.

Just treat this as a mock egg.

Eggs not expensive lei.

Just bot 2 boxes at NTUC on saturday.

12 eggs per box. 2 boxes for $3.20 nia. ^_^

Dun eat too much egg..very high cholestrol lay..

Wah lau.... 1 egg want to waste tax payers money do DNA test this and that.... It just look like a spoilt egg to me...

no find some work for govt agency to do they also zhor bo lan in office waste tax payers money

Dun eat too much egg..very high cholestrol lay..

eggs actually boost levels of good HDL cholesterol..something which many people do not know

Local fruits and veg ? Like what ? Where you buy from ? The only eggs I know here are farmed in Singapore or imported from Malaysia. Which local market you get China eggs ? Own self smuggle ?

TS say fake eggs and likely china. fruits, vegs meat I always try to buy from ASEAN, AUS or NZ. :) I mention I will TRY not to buy MIC unless NO CHOICE

Rumour of fake eggs in Malaysia: What to believe? Really fake or really real?

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/south-east-asia/story/eggs-sold-markets-are-genuine-and-safe-malaysia-health-ministry-2014

PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) -

Eggs sold in the Malaysian markets are genuine and safe for consumption, says the Health Ministry. Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said there was no cause for concern, adding that video clips on fake eggs that went viral on social media recently were untrue.

"We conducted an investigation and found that there were no fake eggs sold in the markets," he said in a statement on Tuesday. The clip went viral a few weeks ago after a woman, who boiled eggs she had purportedly bought from a supermarket in the Klang Valley, found that the texture of the yolk was "rubbery".

The National Consumer Complaints Centre (NCCC) legal and dispute resolution manager Santhosh Kannan said authorities grading eggs should be held accountable if any fake egg was found in the market. "Unless checks can be done at every level, it can't be assured that all eggs are genuine," he said. "So far, we have yet to receive any complaint from consumers over fake eggs," he said.

Santhosh said the process of grading of eggs would have detected any anomaly before they were sold over the counter. "There are various egg suppliers and different grades of eggs across the country," he said.

"If there were any irregularities in the eggs, the authorities grading the eggs would have detected them." Santhosh said the procedure in egg grading, supply and distribution was not made known to the public.

With reports of fake eggs surfacing again, he said the authorities should be transparent over the matter.

"This is to clear any doubt over the matter." The reports of fake eggs first surfaced in Malaysia three years ago when a housewife in Penang lodged a complaint with the Consumers Association of Penang. -

Cum I revive this thread after 7 years 😅

I bought Chew's newborn eggs at Sheng Siong Clementi West at 3 trays of 10 at $4.60 (buy 2 get 1 free)

To my horror, I saw one moldy egg (confirm real egg) in one of the trays.

IMG_20211126_001551.thumb.jpg.1d90cc3212dee56ebdfcecd94513cd0c.jpg

This is the first time I'm seeing this and I'm certainly not going to eat this. 

IMG_20211126_002005.thumb.jpg.36987b32b7d833119f31e6a0934da534.jpg

Will go back to my nearest SS tomorrow but are there any suggestions?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Brass said:

Cum I revive this thread after 7 years 😅

I bought Chew's newborn eggs at Sheng Siong Clementi West at 3 trays of 10 at $4.60 (buy 2 get 1 free)

To my horror, I saw one moldy egg (confirm real egg) in one of the trays.

IMG_20211126_001551.thumb.jpg.1d90cc3212dee56ebdfcecd94513cd0c.jpg

This is the first time I'm seeing this and I'm certainly not going to eat this. 

IMG_20211126_002005.thumb.jpg.36987b32b7d833119f31e6a0934da534.jpg

Will go back to my nearest SS tomorrow but are there any suggestions?

Discard the egg or the whole tray if you still feel uncomfortable.

Isnt SS fault. Probably something amiss during the packing process.

I have gotten much worse stuffs from supermarket.

Let it go. Small issue.🤔

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Tbh the guy who first made fake eggs is probably a genius. It's not just about taste, it's about appearance inside and exterior, strength, and it must replicate real egg behaviour when boiled too.

I won't even know where to start. 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2