Anyone using Iphone as GPS?

Tweakmax2

Hypersonic

Any apps to recommend and how to make sure the screen wont go standby mode?

Google map, papago, sygic all ok.

The revamped IOS map is also very good. My friend used it to guide me to his place when I gave him a lift home. It was very detailed. Brought me right to his gate. I'm impressed.

Hypersonic

Google Map is pretty reliable....I have been using it on my Iphone for 2yrs+ already, with a 95% sucess rate

Google map is ok in singapore but when use in other country ... :wacko:

The revamped IOS map is also very good. My friend used it to guide me to his place when I gave him a lift home. It was very detailed. Brought me right to his gate. I'm impressed.

iOS Map is pretty good but I ever tried to search for a street (Forgotten the name, in SG) but the iOS map came up empty while Google Maps can find the street...other than that, I find iOS pretty good, esp the map will show the interior of key Shopping Centres (Orchard) with the store name, etc and a 3D structure of the Bldg

Tweakmax never fail to ask funny questions. If there are any GPS apps that go into sleep mode while navigating is not worth the time. I wonder which developer is so stone to develop such an app?

If you dunno what to ask dan do some reading online. Post at least an intelligent question so that ppl know you are neither lazy nor clueless.

Edited by Watwheels

Don't like to use phones because when a call comes in, your navigation is disrupted. Better and safer to use a dedicated voice navigation device.

Ppl still talking about iphone, right? For me no problem coz I know how to use the multi-task function, answer the call using my BT car kit, double press the return button and select the navigation app. Can navigate, talk on the phone and drive all at once. Pretty good multi-tasking? :D