Buying a second-hand 7 years car from Turf City

Kohck

I am thinking of buying a second-hand car from Turf city. It had about 3 years left.

The paper value of the car is about 15K.

How much should I offer above the paper value for this 7 years car?

How much discount should I ask from the listed/advertise price of the car?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The body shell is usually the scrap metal value. it varies depend if the car is a small car or bigger sedan. And the "little bonus" depends on the car condition and sometimes brand and how much you are willing to give the dealer as profits. What car are you looking at so that we can estimate the scrap metal value?

Typically how much to offer for the shell?

What car model.?Toyota Camry,about $2000,Mercedes Benz C-class,about $5000.

Edited by ER-3682

What car model.?Toyota Camry,about $2000,Mercedes Benz C-class,about $5000.

5k for a c class rather optimistic bro...just scraped a ten year old E200 for $3100...which was the highest quoted by few dealers.

i saw some ads. dealers asking 10k above paper value. like that how to nego?

10 k is reasonable ma... bit of nego for 1~2k less and your depreciation is ard 3k per year...cheap cheap

10 k is reasonable ma... bit of nego for 1~2k less and your depreciation is ard 3k per year...cheap cheap

not just 3K depre. You have not added in the depre of paper value.

Edited by marwing

With the COE remaining paper value of a seven yo car wun be that much... think COE was ard 20k so actual full depreciation may be looking at 5k per year....still acceptable imo

Neutral Newbie

So for 7 year old car $5k is ok? tot tayspiderx bro advise $1-2k above paper value?

Edited by Andycph

Surprised to hear the views of others that a 7 year old car is worth so little beyond the PARF value.

A friend of mine just sold his 9.5 years old Z3 to a dealer for 6K above the PARF value.

You can try to low ball the dealer but it all depends on whether he accepts your low offer. What was his asking? Use his asking price to start the negotiation. If you are deemed to be low balling, he won't even want to negotiate further.

Edited by Topspin

I am thinking of buying a second-hand car from Turf city. It had about 3 years left.

The paper value of the car is about 15K.

How much should I offer above the paper value for this 7 years car?

How much discount should I ask from the listed/advertise price of the car?

if left with 3 yrs, there must be value of depreciation per year added in.

but what car is that in the first place?

if left with 3 yrs, there must be value of depreciation per year added in.

but what car is that in the first place?

It is a KIA Optima. I heard such car the body shell is worth very low value cos very few people wants it when exported overseas.

Surprised to hear the views of others that a 7 year old car is worth so little beyond the PARF value.

A friend of mine just sold his 9.5 years old Z3 to a dealer for 6K above the PARF value.

You can try to low ball the dealer but it all depends on whether he accepts your low offer. What was his asking? Use his asking price to start the negotiation. If you are deemed to be low balling, he won't even want to negotiate further.

This car body shell value is very low. Furthermore, it is a old KIA. Maintenance is comparatively higher than Toyota. I heard spare parts is quite hard to find for this car as well. So all in all, i think very few people will buy this kind of car.

KIA optima got seven years? is it magentis? or spectre?

Yes Korea of yester years will confirm go scrap yard than export.

Suggest go jap camry/accord for worry free three years.

It is a KIA Optima. I heard such car the body shell is worth very low value cos very few people wants it when exported overseas.

korean car body is basically zero or few hundreds bucks at most.

for those who said to pay paper value + body is rather crappy. How would you feel if a dealer comes along and tells you that he wanna to but your car of three years left to drive with this deal??Confirm TL, right.... <_<

4-5k/year would be a ideal guideline to negotiate a deal.

↡ Advertisement