Is property mkt that bad???!!!

RadX

Oh just to add - I had also bought a D10 (original condition) semi-D during that same AFC time.

Bargained hard till way way less than $2m.

Tore down the house and rebuilt from scratch.

Now after 16 years, the house is worth $8m+, based on many recent secondary sales.

But time-value appreciation for landed (esp semi-Ds) won't be as mercurial as condos - and that's a fact.

Condo prices rise much more quickly, but fall just as quickly (only for prime district).

OCR, outskirts and especially 99 LH condos in outer areas are rather slow to lack-lusture, as they are not deemed to be as 'attractive' to the foreign investors. These groups usually only seek out D9/10/11 condos mainly.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Can someone leave a D10 semi D to buy at $2.5mil.

Please pity me and my family.....

*snifff sniff*

Edited by Throttle2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Oh just to add - I had also bought a D10 (original condition) semi-D during that same AFC time.

Bargained hard till way way less than $2m.

Tore down the house and rebuilt from scratch.

Now after 16 years, the house is worth $8m+, based on many recent secondary sales.

But time-value appreciation for landed (esp semi-Ds) won't be as mercurial as condos - and that's a fact.

Condo prices rise much more quickly, but fall just as quickly (only for prime district).

OCR, outskirts and especially 99 LH condos in outer areas are rather slow to lack-lusture, as they are not deemed to be as 'attractive' to the foreign investors. These groups usually only seek out D9/10/11 condos mainly.

at the rate resale prime rents are falling now, i wont b surprised to see some prices breach levels down faster than expected. so many cannot fetch high rents anymore especially old units. finding buyers now is even harder!

Can someone leave a D10 semi D to buy at $2.5mil.

Please pity me and my family.....

*snifff sniff*

u got try meng teck park anot? must go there n see the banners etc, internet ads waste time one

Edited by Duckduck

at the rate resale prime rents are falling now, i wont b surprised to see some prices breach levels down faster than expected. so many cannot fetch high rents anymore especially old units. finding buyers now is even harder!

u got try meng teck park anot? must go there n see the banners etc, internet ads waste time one

Yes Sir, this week go Ming Teck park look see.

But actually, i am not interest in D10 houses.

Those i can afford have Bad traffic, crowded small roads. High density.

I think i just stay in my CCK HDB and stop building castles in the air

Turbocharged
(edited)

property is a hare n turtle game. patience rewards like the turtle. those fast fast buy never think will get punished like the hare.

2yrs ago my mickey mse developer fren started venturing overseas liao that was already hint of SG mkt going south liao if mini developers stop trading local landbanks. it took that long for prices to fall...

Edited by Duckduck

Turbocharged

Going prices for central core districts very high.

Typical $3000 psf - e.g. Grange Residences.

So an 'average' 3200 sqft unit will cost $9.6m liao!

Of course I not saying astrid bought Grange Residences lah.

But just to put you in perspective that it does not have to be a >5000 sqft unit to fetch $7m in the prime district where Singapore elites live.

Astrid could very well had bought something along Grange Rd haha.

think so, he is in the range of porker and the multi millionaires which don't in hdb like me.

think so, he is in the range of porker and the multi millionaires which don't in hdb like me.

Not like us, HDB folks.

Astrid could very well had bought something along Grange Rd haha.

Wah lau, his nick Astrid already telling you it is short for Queen Astrid Park, simi grange road?

Turbocharged

I'm not a multi millionaire. I'm a normal salaryman. You want multi millionaire you have to look for Radx and a few on this thread.

Turbocharged

I'm not a multi millionaire. I'm a normal salaryman. You want multi millionaire you have to look for Radx and a few on this thread.

ayah havent millionaire yet meansgot chance soon by picking some fire sales hopefully :)

he was referring to which D10 condo bought at 1.4m could turn into 7m..

definitely not 3,000 sqft grange residences [:)]

He referring to landed semi-ds lah... Those inside Mt Sinai, Sixth Ave, Lim Tai See, coronation rd that type lah. Or can be Watten, Hillcrest, University Rd, Trevose, Merryn that type..

All of the above sounds like the $$ amount bandied about.

(edited)

Ming Teck park of course bad traffic, small roads and high density lah. That area is not representative of D10 landed lah. Don't waste your money to buy this area. There are much better neighbourhoods in D10 and not much more expensive. Just top up lor since you so much cash. For example inside the Greenleaf or Old Holland Rd area. Mt Sinai also can. Much better than Ming Teck and not costing a lot more.

Your daughters need to go MGS? Or SCGS? You can try nearer those schools, like Swiss Club, Binjai area or lower down in the Merryn Rd, Swiss cottage area...

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Ming Teck park of course bad traffic, small roads and high density lah. That area is not representative of D10 landed lah. Don't waste your money to buy this area. There are much better neighbourhoods in D10 and not much more expensive. Just top up lor since you so much cash. For example inside the Greenleaf or Old Holland Rd area. Mt Sinai also can. Much better than Ming Teck and not costing a lot more.

Your daughters need to go MGS? Or SCGS? You can try nearer those schools, like Swiss Club, Binjai area or lower down in the Merryn Rd, Swiss cottage area...

Simi, greenleaf old holland mt sinai.....

Boh lui lah, 大哥

Sembawang, woodlands maybe can.

Turbocharged

greenleaf isnt much better rite?old holland that big empty field confirm got development lah thats y they built that road across to blackmore... ayah SG everywhere also jam lah.

For anything below a detached hse, i prefer old condos coz more parking space.

Hypersonic

wah u seem to be very happy to see ppl lelong their condo ah! :D

No lah.

As long as anyone have the money to buy and hold, by all means lah :)

I am just a bystander, with no vested interest in any properties.

$ all go to maintenance of children le, hard to squeeze any juice out le :D

Turbocharged
(edited)

spoke w a private banker fren yest. he thks prices shld remain soft until next GE... makes sense as that is wat the masses want. After all, they can remove some of the CMs to spur activity if need be.

Edited by Duckduck
↡ Advertisement