Land Rover Freelander 2 Si4 HSE

Lycanthrope

anyone test drove the above ? Any comments

at 175k seems quite good price. But overseas review mention it does not handle like a evolv and the engne have to revv hard

its one of the most unreliable car for what I know... -_-

the revised setup and the maturity of the model has strengthen the realiablity.the ford ST source engine is quite adapt for the role.

only unknown is the cost.

I tested it. Very good engine, much better than the old 3.2L for our city driving. The interior also improved a lot and now they have the factory screen (previously they install some china made thing).

Reliability no idea, so no comments.

I think it is a very under rated car for the price and definitely worth a try. If not for their crappy trade-in prices I would have changed my ride for the new Freelander 2.

Drove it two times for the past two days. Its my bro's ride. The ride feels heavy and sluggish at low rpm. But once u give a little more throttle, it comes alive. The seats wrap ard the body esp can feel it at the thighs.

Very quiet ride, no reverse camera, only sun shade for the sunroof and good high seating position but I dont like. :D

Me not used to driving SUV so not my liking. My bro was telling me the FC ard 7km/L.

FL2 is really sluggish...tried a couple of suvs, the new Rav4, CRV and Forester and thought they fared better given the $$$ savings. but if you are buying because you like the badge, then that's all there is to it.

FL2 .. which verison ? the one with 3.2 litre NA engine ? or the one with turbocharged 2.0 litre engine ?

FL2 is really sluggish...tried a couple of suvs, the new Rav4, CRV and Forester and thought they fared better given the $$$ savings. but if you are buying because you like the badge, then that's all there is to it.

Neutral Newbie

Went for a test drive today and there were quite a lot of people. Managed to try both the 2.2 L diesel and the 2L petrol version. Perl handles better with faster acceleration but it's slightly more expensive (surprisingly). However your petrol consumption will be higher and correspondingly more expensive. Car handling was not bad, pick up was pretty good with the petrol version, diesel version had a diesel lag. Suspension was a bit stiff when going over humps. Body roll wasn't that bad when turning. Loved the command driving position.

Currently thinking between this and the new Subaru Forrester. Think Forrester it's cheaper and has better but this it's a land rover and the car construction is really very solid.

Concerned about the reliability though.

Neutral Newbie

I don't see any diesel version for Freelander 2. Which model u tested anyway?

Neutral Newbie

I'm having the FL2 3.2ver, someone say is a "most unreliable car" well i've really nothing to say... :blink: . i used to go off road n city ride, so far so good , no problem with it. only problem is road tax in a higher side. If u ask me will i get back landrover - "most unreliable car" for my next car. My answer is yes. Too unreliable liao ... love it. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

I didn't get a chance to see what's the specific version but its either TD4 or SD4. Tested both petrol and diesel. Petrol is si4 with HSE trimmings. The diesel has reduced trimmings, dunno whether got diesel version left or not. From what the sales person say, they don't bring in much diesel models yet

Neutral Newbie

Haha,glad to know no problems so far. Mind if I ask abt the maintenance cost and petrol consumption?Thinking between the new subaru forester XT or the freelander petrol version.

Also any parking challenges with the size of the freelander ? :p

Neutral Newbie

maintenance still under warranty, to what i know i can get much cheaper workshop outside. petrol consumption... depends how your drive, 70L full tank , average 4500 - 4800 for 60 liter (can't remember) btw i STEP ON IT [whip] . If u like to go off road go n a car that can go over any heavy flood in orchard road go for FL [drivingcar] , forester XT Hmmm no comment [lipsrsealed] . As for parking challenges.. after fixing the roof rack my car ht is 185m , can't get into some of the HDB carpark.