Medishield or Medisave claim

Deckbuild

if you are really sick and need immediate medical attention, then I don't see why not to make full use of the medical facilities provided by the hospitals. get all the specs to see the patient ... provided the patient must get well.

what I cannot accept is that private hospital advertising "lobangs" for people who bought 100% coverage policies to go to them for misc checkups and they will claim from insurance. and these pte hospitals are not cheap !!

this will add on to the burden for those who have better things to do then to go to the pte hospitals for checkups.

like I always say, blame the players, not the game. players will just try to exploit the game whenever there is a chance, and in the end everyone else suffers.

Yeah that's true, why don't they just introduce legislation or a policy that mandates that the onus is on the dr to show that the procedure or treatment was necessary in that circumstance? It's not just the fault of consumers I would think, because they usually just agree to whatever treatments proposed by the Dr. Anyway, what can we do... The changes will be implemented nonetheless..

This article is pretty useful. Sums up what we need to know about the changes if y'all interested.

https://www.policypal.com/blog/insurance/5-important-things-singaporeans-need-know-integrated-shield-plan-changes/

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

We are lucky to have bought private insurance that paid for almost all the costs. Since private insurance can cover such unexpected medical, surgical and hospitalization expenses in full, and one can only withdraw very controlled and limited amounts of funds from Medisave for such purposes, why not allow citizens to choose between getting insured privately instead? After all, the premiums for private insurance that reimburses hospitalization and medical costs in full is only a few hundred dollars per person per annum. If you compare this with the almost $5,000 per person annual contribution requirement, it just doesn’t make any sense.

Actually the above is very true.  Instead of paying to  medisave, why not let the people choose if they want to pay for private medical insurance instead which provides better coverage? Even the super top private insurance coverage will not cost more than the annual payment one has to make to medisave.

So clear to me that medisave is to lock up some funds eternally.

Actually the above is very true. Instead of paying to medisave, why not let the people choose if they want to pay for private medical insurance instead which provides better coverage? Even the super top private insurance coverage will not cost more than the annual payment one has to make to medisave.

So clear to me that medisave is to lock up some funds eternally.

different thing, medical insurance if you dun use it gone down the drain, medisave if not used still inside.

Hi recently I lost 4 molar due to decay. Any dentist in Singapore accept full medisave payment for tooth implant and crown? too poor to pay cash.

You tried the govt polyclinic type dental centres?? I know there’s one in TP...... I use them once a year just for regular check up and if something serious they will refer you to NDC at SGH.... quite reasonable
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

just a heads up for the oldies who have the new thing called flexi-medisave …

take note to tell the cashier to deduct the correct type of medisave when making payment for your visits.

yesterday my mom went for her follow up check for her chronic illness … during payment, the cashier deducted her flexi-medisave account for the payment instead of using her chronic illness medisave account.

so now she has to pay cash when she goes for those non-chronic checks already.

↡ Advertisement