Screw oil, we grow diamonds!

Nicholas

This kind of thing can patent? [sly]

See the news below:

SINGAPORE: Singapore-based IIa Technologies has found a way to grow diamonds on a commercially-viable scale after eight years of research.

The development presents new opportunities for high-tech industries, scientific institutions and laboratories.

Currently, industrial diamonds have a variety of applications, including in the electronics and semiconductor packaging, precision cutting and aerospace industries.

The gem is the hardest known natural material. It is used to cut and polish any other material, including other diamonds.

IIa Technologies believes there will be more applications for these diamonds.

It sees growth in the quantum computing field, where diamonds are used to store data.

Vishal Mehta, managing director at IIa Technologies, said: "This is something that has had a lot of research done. This will create a new technology that will be able to store data in a very small amount of space."

IIa Technologies has started growing diamonds in Singapore since the beginning of last year.

The company's plant is one of the biggest environmentally sustainable diamond growing facilities in the world.

- CNA/xq

↡ Advertisement

Vishal Mehta, managing director at IIa Technologies, .....

Once I reached this part....enough read. I'll let somebody else invest... [laugh]

[laugh]

Turbocharged

Once I reached this part....enough read. I'll let somebody else invest... [laugh]

[laugh]

:D

At least they bothered to have an office at 1 Raffles Place. Expensive CBD location hor

[laugh]

......like there was once they said tree leaves can run like petrol....hahaha

Minerals with diamond properties have been around since a long long time ago. Non can meet the exact chemical signal of

natural diamonds due to the accelerated rate of growth.

The downside is that only a minuscule percentage of these can be graded as jewellery, and the process to extract them are costly.

The majority of the products however, are used for industries and there is a huge application for this material. DLC coated circuitboards for eg. Results in a virtually unspoilable surface that can withstand heat without electrical conductivity, can be used for aerospace/satellite industry in conjunction with other high tech coatings.

And where are they going to get the energy to make the diamonds? OIL!

Screw diamonds, I'll still bet on oil... [:p]

Yes Rockefeller is still my idol.

And where are they going to get the energy to make the diamonds? OIL!

Screw diamonds, I'll still bet on oil... [:p]

We don't have oil leh... SPC not counted. [laugh]