Used Car dealers Feeling The Heat Liao!

Rogersk8ter

I only know these few days quite warm, I also feeling the heat.

Where firesale? Prices still very high leh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Guys those ppl r just greedy and talking cocks. They do not deserv any pity, went to see a car few day ago, only asking 2k discount which I feel is a reasonable price for a 2006 30k car w 15k OMv and they ask me to fly a big kite. When I ask any room to talk further they say NO. And that car is stuck for 1 year with them alr.

heartless used car dealer only wants $90K COE ... $100K COE best ...

to them $70K COE is considered fking cheap ... NB !!!

Mr Alex Wong, a manager at Hua Yang, said the firm would be shutting down two outlets next month. Pointing out how the falling COE prices have resulted in brisk sales for new cars, Mr Wong questioned the MAS policy which has seemingly hurt used-car dealers more. He said the company’s Turf City branch only sold two cars in the past fortnight.
Edited by Wt_know

heartless used car dealer only wants $90K COE ... $100K COE best ...

to them $70K COE is considered fking cheap ... NB !!!

Mr Alex Wong, a manager at Hua Yang, said the firm would be shutting down two outlets next month. Pointing out how the falling COE prices have resulted in brisk sales for new cars, Mr Wong questioned the MAS policy which has seemingly hurt used-car dealers more. He said the company

when coe rose from 10k to 90k they never make noise. All laughing in their heart. now coe drop to 60-70k they kpkb no sales. no one own them a living. in business there is always risk. the price they tk in car is at least 15-20% lower den the selling price. if they willing to slash 10% den sure got sales. They just fking want high profit.

Turbocharged

Guys those ppl r just greedy and talking cocks. They do not deserv any pity, went to see a car few day ago, only asking 2k discount which I feel is a reasonable price for a 2006 30k car w 15k OMv and they ask me to fly a big kite. When I ask any room to talk further they say NO. And that car is stuck for 1 year with them alr.

With these new measures, car dealership is no longer lucrative at the expense of car buyers.

Many would be forced out of this trade and hopefully, start taking up more down-to-earth jobs like engineering.

Got slash price n fire sale merh? mai keh keh le... knn

Second that.. some established used car dealing towkays i understood got the capital to tong leh.

it's time for consolidation ... get rid of the fly-by-nite used car companies ...

these useless used car dealers are not in for the long term ... they do business with all their dirty tricks and shameless comments

Edited by Wt_know

Neutral Newbie

Fire sale? hahahaa....I've been monitoring some cars and some have had their prices INCREASED last week. One even had its price INCREASED by $6K!

From the looks of it, due to the pressure from these people, it seems that the MAS will not plug up the remaining loopholes so soon anymore. Maybe that's the purpose of their continuous appeals....its not to have a rule reversal, but to discourage any further implementation/enforcement (ask for 100%, let the opponent negotiate into giving them 50%, so in the end they still gain 50%....isn't this what the used car salespeople are experts in?).

I'd be really disappointed if the MAS gives in to them.

Looks like companies like Hitachi Capital and Century Tokyo are the top gainers. Because they are still able to give high and long loans, they are probably getting more business now, yet they are still raising interest rates. Or maybe the banks have also increased interest rates to them (if they're taking business loans from the banks).

Got slash price n fire sale merh? mai keh keh le... knn

My sister want to buy a 2005 Mazda . The dealer still give bad attitude

Fire sale? hahahaa....I've been monitoring some cars and some have had their prices INCREASED last week. One even had its price INCREASED by $6K!

From the looks of it, due to the pressure from these people, it seems that the MAS will not plug up the remaining loopholes so soon anymore. Maybe that's the purpose of their continuous appeals....its not to have a rule reversal, but to discourage any further implementation/enforcement (ask for 100%, let the opponent negotiate into giving them 50%, so in the end they still gain 50%....isn't this what the used car salespeople are experts in?).

I'd be really disappointed if the MAS gives in to them.

Looks like companies like Hitachi Capital and Century Tokyo are the top gainers. Because they are still able to give high and long loans, they are probably getting more business now, yet they are still raising interest rates. Or maybe the banks have also increased interest rates to them (if they're taking business loans from the banks).

mas will feel pressure in 2016

↡ Advertisement