Used Car dealers Feeling The Heat Liao!

Rogersk8ter

Don't be fooled....it really depends, alot and i say alot, the display price is alot alot higher than what they display 2 months ago.

Do not forget thy have seen sucking our blod far too long liao, Tis is pay-back time,

Seriously I do not think those honest to goodness are hit badly, in every industry , they are good , bad and ugly.

We shall C which cat. thy belong to.

↡ Advertisement

How idiotic are we, dun you know they up the asking price by 3-5K from day1 thy posted, I have been monitoring and went down to view couples of my wanted list car/s gave them offer of 15-20K down, bloody h#ll, they dun want to bite saying I need to trade in my car based on OMV+ SCRAP VALUE,

I walk off, so lesson learnt, sell my car seperately than buy w/o trade off, thy never learnt hard time coming, I want to see how thy take it after the reprieve expires.

Come on. Be fair to them.

My car scrap value 16k they take my car at 33k and sell at 41k. That should be the typical gross profit they are making. You want them to sell you 15k cheaper is ridiculous.

Will you sell you 5 yr old car at scrap value?

Supersonic
(edited)

never say never ....

already cry papa cry mama appealing for 80% loan 8 years loan for used car

if they can get higher loan and longer period ... then up the price somemore ... more affordable ma ... huat ah !!!

Only for this 60 days , after that the same rules applies

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic
(edited)

you trade in to buy another car?

My car scrap value 16k they take my car at 33k and sell at 41k. That should be the typical gross profit they are making. You want them to sell you 15k cheaper is ridiculous.

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

When is the exact date which the "60 days" will expire?

Can't wait for that day to come.

(edited)

i thought most used car dealers have cleared their inventory?

Some have, including the dealer whom I bought my ride from - sold every car, including consignments. Think they gonna wait and see if MAS will grant them their 80% / max 8 years loan proposal...

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Supersonic
(edited)

can up the selling price somemore ... LOL

good time sell car like sell char kway teow

now selling at slower speed ... all cry papa cry mama ... cannot tahan

then news said ... dealer downsizing ... cut inventory ... close branches ... cut operating cost as high as 40%

sales down operating cost down ... okay what ... that's part and parcel of business ... don't know how to do business better close shop

most have, including the dealer whom I bought my ride from - sold every car, including consignments. Think they gonna wait and see if MAS will grant them their 80% / max 8 years loan proposal...

Edited by Wt_know

can up the selling price somemore ... LOL

good time sell car like sell char kway teow

now selling at slower speed ... all cry papa cry mama ... cannot tahan

then news said ... dealer downsizing ... cut inventory ... close branches ... cut operating cost as high as 40%

sales down operating cost down ... okay what ... that's part and parcel of business ... don't know how to do business better close shop

What to do - same win-win-lose story for the past few years. Gahmen win. Dealers win. Buyers lose.

you trade in to buy another car?

Yup but my purchase is not eligible for that 100% loan ruling.

Just so happen I want to do it during this period.

Car dealers are still trying to con during this cool off period. They are trying to sell cvars based on depreciation of average $10-12k per year for generic family cars, even with super low COE around $2.00 to $19k for cars in Y2009.

They will not cry until their death beds are obvious.

wonder why the need for 1000+ used car dealers, this trade need a tougher screening

There were some dealers making good fortune, drawing bees to honey. When they make millions, they kept absoultely silent. It is amazing to see these the government is so slow to react to this speculative market/

Exactly...this 60 days are supposed to help them clear their stock, but what they did?. Increase their prices, I have been keeping track..some Euro Cars even increase by 10-20k....if you have cash...wait till after 60 days...and also if can, buy those stock that they bought after Feb 25. Before this date, they pay more to the seller

Me too, I had been following the used car ( 3 models im eyeing ), one of them had the balls to ask me to make an offer after driving one around in car-park, well, I did so by giving him 9k below asking, he went back told his boss about, saying will get back to me.

Thy did get back, this time saying, but can take back my car at OMV + scrap value, by next few days, up the same car by 4K.

How to teach an old dog new tricks ?

There are not dogs, a pack of hyenes who only eat others and not been eaten by others. I hope the D days will come early for them.

My sympathy for those good dealers and I'm sure they can survive , only time will tell.

agree with you to some extent, it is the way they tell me off in my face, I don't expect them to be kind and I understand thy need to put food on the table for their family, juz be nice as market is bad enough, we are Singaporean too,and we expect same level playing field,

My master taught me: Respect one another even though their career is sales line, integrity and humbleness are key element in human mankind, one should manifest together.

Will I sell my car at scrap value, that would depends on the scarp value when the time comes, mine car a 5 years car and pretty handsome condition, well maintained and service regularly, not major issue & accident free.

I learnt form another brother 3 weeks back, if dealer offer your car at 15-20K at market rate, counter-offer them the same for the car you're eyeing, where is the disparity and fairness ?

Yes, to make some $$$ is fine but the technique and professionalism are wrong and needs correction, its pisses me off really !

Some of my known car dealers had closed shop.

Those that are able to survive now are the much more larger company....

Supercharged

Hmm..

I phrase it. Smaller companies close becoz they will not be able to make bigger profits than b4, they decided they have made enough and close

Some of my known car dealers had closed shop.

Those that are able to survive now are the much more larger company....

Oooh,,, becos cant choot stunt anymore is it?

[confused]

↡ Advertisement