Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Neutral Newbie

Wah, now you know...hor. HHAHA...Skoda Superb I - my kids calls him "Skody" has served us well, but the last mile he was giving his best all the way.

Now to the new ride, Turbo Diesel, 436NM TORQUE....super shiok!

Enjoy your new ride then! Try the steep slope from Suntec entering ECP towards AYE, thats where your torque comes and leaving the rest behind....wooooo

↡ Advertisement

i was looking at toyota rav4 & kia sorento recently. Kia give 5yrs warranty no free svc. Toyota 5yr warranty 3yr free svc. Kia dont have power boot lifter, rav4 have.

Sorranto boot is bigger, no paddle shift. Rav4 premium got paddle shift. reliability toyota no need to say. this new sorento is yet to prove itself. I thk FC for both abt d same, n im comparing rav4 petrol vs sorento diesel.

btw is rav4 also 7 seater?

• Praise 2

btw is rav4 also 7 seater?

rav4 5 seater. toyota 7 seater is fortuner, old model plus poorer FC due to 2.7l engine so higher road tax too

No spark plugs, but still got glow plugs. :D

Diesel cars no Alternator.????No Alternator battery how to charge.???By Sunroof Solar energy.?

• Praise 2

Just to say Hello. I gotten the Gliterring metal 2.2 CRDi. Love it everyday :wub:

Hello! Fellow KIA Sorento-ian! Maybe we start a small group and meet up to learn from one another.

rav4 5 seater. toyota 7 seater is fortuner, old model plus poorer FC due to 2.7l engine so higher road tax too

Errr personally I think u should have chosen sorento .

But nonetheless enjoy ur rav4

• Praise 1

Hello! Fellow KIA Sorento-ian! Maybe we start a small group and meet up to learn from one another.

Ya I am also driving Sorento 2012 modle , I fell that Kai forum are a bit quite . So who will be the one to star first

• Praise 2

Wah, now you know...hor. HHAHA...Skoda Superb I - my kids calls him "Skody" has served us well, but the last mile he was giving his best all the way.

Now to the new ride, Turbo Diesel, 436NM TORQUE....super shiok!

But ur superb has faster 0-100 right?

How come such high bhp and phenomenal torque but 0-100 9.9s only?

• Praise 2

(edited)

But ur superb has faster 0-100 right?

How come such high bhp and phenomenal torque but 0-100 9.9s only?

My Superb 0-100km in about 8.8 seconds after chip up, honestly can't tell the difference for me. In my driving experience, I don't do those 0-100km on Singapore roads, also I am an easy on the pedal person, have kids, family, but because the Superb is not as torque, take off time seems more enthusiasm is needed.

So the massive torque makes it really easy to move off, especially on singapore roads, I guess whatever makes sense to the individual. There are SUVs out there with faster 0-100km sprint, but either beyond my budget or it did not fit my requirement.

The new Land Rover Freelander 2 with 2.0T looks like a good option, with a faster century sprint, but spare parts and servicing was a concern for me plus lack of 7 seater, otherwise I would have considered it. But from what I heard about the maintenance cost, it may be better for those with deeper pockets.

Hope that makes sense for my decision.

Anyways Torque dose not equal to faster speeds.....gear ratios...etc.

Edited by Echelon

/

Howcome you buy left hand drive? :D

Alamak show you guys picture of the cabin only, cut and paste from the internet....dont like that lah... [blush]

(edited)

the car come with 19" wheel, do you think it is not too big?

btw, 1 tyre for 19" estimate how much

It fills the wheel well quite nicely. Cost would depend on the brand, should be in the 250++ and above range.

Edited by Echelon

Turbocharged

Uncle sorento body big and heavy le

which real SUV is not big and heavy? [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2