Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Seems like diesel not so clean after all, being responsible for so much environmental issues. Better buy before it become extinct. One less option for those who want to go green.

http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/the-dirty-truth-about-clean-diesel

If there is a cost efficient electric, fuel cell, SUV, I am up for it. Electric vehicles torque and speed is instantaneous and ridiculous. 

↡ Advertisement

If there is a cost efficient electric, fuel cell, SUV, I am up for it. Electric vehicles torque and speed is instantaneous and ridiculous. 

Singapore will not have the infrastructure for electric vehicle...

Unless you stay in 'ang mo chu'

Hi brothers, i just drove my sorento diesel during the CNY holidays to Malaysia., heres the summary

1) SIN to Sunway hotel

2) sunway hotel to Cameron highlands by Simpang Pulai (total 628km)

3) visit BOH plantation and strawberry farm ( active 4WD for narrow mountain road)

4) Climate is wet &raining and 17deg to 12deg nightime (1st time found heated seats useful !!!)

5) back from cameron highlands (via tapah exit ) (please note TAPAH(Pahang) BHP have EURO V diesel)

6) towards bukit tinggii (again mountain highland, 212km)

7) back to sunway hotel (70km)

8) back to singapore (347km)

total distance (1257km + 40km(highland misc visit trip)=1297km

total fuel pump=105litre diesel

for CNY hoilday, many cars and jam along the highway , and down hill back from cameron highlands.

p.s i found the spare tire and spare parts from US, will order for installation soon.

hope the above give more info about the sorento.

cheers

[:p]

(edited)

Not extinct Bro, just that there is nothing much of accessories for our ride. It is the new design that are more active as ppl is buying the new model. hahaha..... Anyone add new toys to their ride recently?

Edited by Black6

(edited)

Yes, our Bro Echelon   is driving the Diesel, So far so good for the past 3 years. If you look through the thread he did update the status.          

Edited by Black6

Thanks for the ping Bro @black6

Update again: 110,037 km.

Fuel consumption seemed to have lowered, am getting 8.4-8.6L/100km used to be 9.3L/100km

Engine is humming along, go to service whenever time is near. Tyres throughout changed once, the original KUMHO tyres lasted for a long time, 70,000km before i changed. I rotate tyres every 10,000km. Currently on Bridgestones.

I have changed the battery out to a higher capacity lorry battery, working well.

It is still a super powerful SUV at 450NM worth of torque and it is pretty fast and zippy if I need it to be. Very enjoyable ride.

Internal

Internal leather is starting to see some wear in terms of color, as I have the white and black color scheme, I wanted brown or all black but was not available when I ordered. I need to clean it better.

Material on the gear knob has started to peel. I am quite surprise with that.

Other parts still good, I do maintain the internal parts with the cream that helps to add some oilment to the materials to keep them supple under the heat, that usually dries things up, in this way. For longevity sack, it is good to maintain it.

Having tested the Volvo XC90, GLE, BMW X5, Q7, Land Rover Discovery Sport...the Sorento is pretty spacious internally and very comfortable as well.

Instrument panels and electronics - so far ok.

External

Body is in good shape, I wash and wax every weekend, so it looks like new actually. All my previous rides are the same. As the saying goes, if you maintain it, it will serve you well.

I do have the usual dints here and there from wear and gravel. Also the usual tiny tiny scratches here and there. Nothing major.

At the end of the day, the most important thing about the car is the heart, which in it's case, is the engine. Award winning CRDi Turbo Diesel with AWD makes it a decent ride for both comfort and the adventurous!

• Praise 5

Supersonic

How is the Sorento diesel? Anyone driving it?

Mine is at 40,000km and it has been reliable as a Shinkansen.  [nod]

And still enjoy smokin' those pesky sonata teksi at the lights..... [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Same with driving Sorento 2013 diesel for 10 months

mileage : 77,000km (monthly 3k to 4k km),

driven to Cameroon Highlands and Bukit Tinggii with  this monster.. [drivingcar]

change 2 front tires, waiting to change rear 2 tire this june

FC: still as great 840km per tank, (from SmartE ) , need to pump once Caltex diesel with techron one a year.

no problem with leather and electronics.

installed Front and rear bumper guard in june 2015.

cheers [:p]

Thanks for the ping Bro @black6

Update again: 110,037 km.

Fuel consumption seemed to have lowered, am getting 8.4-8.6L/100km used to be 9.3L/100km

Engine is humming along, go to service whenever time is near. Tyres throughout changed once, the original KUMHO tyres lasted for a long time, 70,000km before i changed. I rotate tyres every 10,000km. Currently on Bridgestones.

I have changed the battery out to a higher capacity lorry battery, working well.

It is still a super powerful SUV at 450NM worth of torque and it is pretty fast and zippy if I need it to be. Very enjoyable ride.

Internal

Internal leather is starting to see some wear in terms of color, as I have the white and black color scheme, I wanted brown or all black but was not available when I ordered. I need to clean it better.

Material on the gear knob has started to peel. I am quite surprise with that.

Other parts still good, I do maintain the internal parts with the cream that helps to add some oilment to the materials to keep them supple under the heat, that usually dries things up, in this way. For longevity sack, it is good to maintain it.

Having tested the Volvo XC90, GLE, BMW X5, Q7, Land Rover Discovery Sport...the Sorento is pretty spacious internally and very comfortable as well.

Instrument panels and electronics - so far ok.

External

Body is in good shape, I wash and wax every weekend, so it looks like new actually. All my previous rides are the same. As the saying goes, if you maintain it, it will serve you well.

I do have the usual dints here and there from wear and gravel. Also the usual tiny tiny scratches here and there. Nothing major.

At the end of the day, the most important thing about the car is the heart, which in it's case, is the engine. Award winning CRDi Turbo Diesel with AWD makes it a decent ride for both comfort and the adventurous!

Wah... you used the first set for 70,000 km... not advisable leh... once past 40,000 km, the rubber will start to harden. That's where you will notice your tires stop wearing out. The grip will start to drop and your braking distance will start to lengthen. It takes place gradually so you may not really notice until it's too late... best to change at around 40,000 km... I usually change at 40,000+ or maybe stretch to 50,000 km. Tires don't play play... a cheap set of new tires will always be better than an older more expensive set.

Same with driving Sorento 2013 diesel for 10 months

mileage : 77,000km (monthly 3k to 4k km),

driven to Cameroon Highlands and Bukit Tinggii with this monster.. [drivingcar]

change 2 front tires, waiting to change rear 2 tire this june

FC: still as great 840km per tank, (from SmartE ) , need to pump once Caltex diesel with techron one a year.

no problem with leather and electronics.

installed Front and rear bumper guard in june 2015.

cheers [:p]

Your car is really huge and heavy... not so advisable to change tires by pairs... better to change all at once to maintain the similar grip levels all round... no choice, want to drive full sized SUV must bite the bullet and pay for the tires lor...

My ride's tyre changed at around 75K to 80K with Kumho....the shop was shocked by it when I changed, they were surprised how lasting it was. 

Am on Michelin since 80K, so far ok as well. 

Just changed my battery yesterday, the 90AMP on the in-house battery don't seem to be enough, so the shop gave me Gobalt 92AMP its for bigger capacity vehicles. Let's see how it goes. 

Overall happy with the ride.