Car rental in penang

Babysaint

Guess you must know your way in penang in order to drive. If not even you have a car also don't know where you are driving to? Unless they give you free GPS.

Just bring ur own GPS. Penang is pretty easy to navigate. Drove there twice already. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

no GPS? just get the local broadband prepaid.

RM21 for a whole week of usage.

then use google maps to navigate around.

PG not very big lah. won't get lost wan.

Guess you must know your way in penang in order to drive. If not even you have a car also don't know where you are driving to? Unless they give you free GPS.

GPS? Outdated liao. Use Waze. Crowdsourcing is the way to go.

Supercharged

oh yeah... i forgot about that app.

it is damn darn good to use, esp in m'sia.

and in PG, as long as you avoid the morning and evening rush hours, you are good to go anywhere.

more rush is from 8am to around 10.

evening rush starts around 5pm to around 9pm. depending on where you are heading, some areas will have congestion up to 11pm.

GPS? Outdated liao. Use Waze. Crowdsourcing is the way to go.

Thanks to all the Bros for their feedback and suggestion.

I managed to find a taxi driver contact from one of my friends.

Reason why I do not want to rental a car is that we will be moving around in few places for meeting, and some of the places does not have proper parking area ; or parking area is a distant from the main door, so having a taxi will be more convenient.

For my own holiday, I will rental a car from airport and drive around the island.

Thank you

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2

Bro, digging this up...

Can share the contact of the taxi ?

Thanks !

i normally chartered a taxi, costs rm1OO/= per day, from 9am to 5 or 6 pm, good driver taking us around Penang.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Rented a Toyota Innova from Big Thumb mid-May. Very good service and good rates. New Innova too -- registered end-2014.

I would like to rent a car starting from Penang airport and end in Kuala Lumpur. Tentative itinerary will be Penang, Cameron highlands and KL, with duration of 2 nights in each location.

Once check into KL hotel, will not want to drive anymore and return car. Plan to spend 2 nights there and take flight back to Singapore.

Any good car rental companies recommendation that are flexible in returning of car in KL?

• Praise 1

I would like to rent a car starting from Penang airport and end in Kuala Lumpur. Tentative itinerary will be Penang, Cameron highlands and KL, with duration of 2 nights in each location.

Once check into KL hotel, will not want to drive anymore and return car. Plan to spend 2 nights there and take flight back to Singapore.

Any good car rental companies recommendation that are flexible in returning of car in KL?

Most of the bigger rental car companies like Hertz and Avis should allow you to start from Penang and return at KL.

• Praise 4

I Just came back from Penang last week. Rented a Proton Saga from Paradise cars at the Penang Airport.

The car condition was quite new, and it only cost me about $100 SGD for 4 days of rental. Parking was very easy to find and darn cheap, traffic conditions were also quite smooth. Overall, I think renting a car to drive was more convenient to getting a taxi to travel around.

I Just came back from Penang last week. Rented a Proton Saga from Paradise cars at the Penang Airport.

The car condition was quite new, and it only cost me about $100 SGD for 4 days of rental. Parking was very easy to find and darn cheap, traffic conditions were also quite smooth. Overall, I think renting a car to drive was more convenient to getting a taxi to travel around.

Did the car rental provide GPS for you to get around in penang? S$100 for 4 days rental, average S$25 per day is very cheap for a sedan car. I remember i rented in Penang before for a perodua myvi and viva already cost around $50 per day le.

Did the car rental provide GPS for you to get around in penang? S$100 for 4 days rental, average S$25 per day is very cheap for a sedan car. I remember i rented in Penang before for a perodua myvi and viva already cost around $50 per day le.

There is no GPS, I bought Wifi Baby from Changi Airport and used Google Maps all the way. Yup, IMO it was very cheap. Was referred by a friend who rented it before.

Was there any deposit needed? Heard RM1k for deposit?

Yep, flying into Penang and renting a car to get around is the way to go. Cheep & easy. I see SG cars there I feel tired for the driver liao....

Was there any deposit needed? Heard RM1k for deposit?

Last Dec, I rented a Perodua Bezza from Kasina. Quite a new car and cost around SGD70/day (min 3 days). However, my request is more customised as drop off location at KL and car sent to my penang hotel directly. Such additional request increased cost to around sgd100/day.

Used CC for deposit.

Rented from Hawk Rent A Car in Penang. Everything was smooth during pick up & drop off. Car is quite new with less den 70k on the odo. Will be renting from them again this coming April..

The only jizz I had was with the Wifi router from Changi... Useless. Unable to load maps and etc. I activated my data roam instead. Long story short. I came back to Spore and sent them an email regarding their useless router. They got back and issued a full refund to me.

↡ Advertisement