Luckcent

Supersonic

lowballing its people's hardwork after all LOL

hard work??..... [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

hard work??..... [laugh][laugh]

actually depend on your property lah.

let say you are selling a property that worth 10Mil. 1% is 100K leh,, you think if you lower the commission they will not take?? [sly]

Supersonic
(edited)

actually depend on your property lah.

let say you are selling a property that worth 10Mil. 1% is 100K leh,, you think if you lower the commission they will not take?? [sly]

Lawyers shld be the one complaining about lowball fees.

Study like sh*t to get good PSLE grades to get into a good Sec school. Then study again like sh*t to do well in O-Levels to get into a good JC. Then study like sh*t again to do well in A-Levels to get into Law school. The study again like sh*t to graduate. Then work and study like sh*t to pass the Bar. Then invest heaps of $$ to open a legal practice & run it. This whole long road and they charge $2.5k in conveyancing fees and have to keep the case on file for a few years. For a $1M property, that's only 0.25% in fees.

Powderful negotiator (or whatever fancy names they give themselves) onli has to pass O-level, sit for the salesperson exam and expects to collect 2% comm......? [laugh][laugh] No wonder our tiny island has over 30,000 agents!

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

pty agent are earning a living, dun make life difficult for them, as if they own U a living izzit.

Over in America & europe, pty agent makes more $$$, they inclide conveyancung,legal advise and financial claculation, all in one for selling and buying process- 3-5% comms ok!

My pty agent fren have to pay yearly CEA fee, insurance fee/ attend stipulated CPD hours and clocking 3 sales to survive, not factoring in advert fees, transportation, mobile fee etc

one bad apple does not equate the lot load is bad, in every industry here in sunny Sp, every self-emloyed trades are same same, since we eat the rice harvesting ny our great grand-father, dun U agree ?

Supersonic

pty agent are earning a living, dun make life difficult for them, as if they own U a living izzit.

Over in America & europe, pty agent makes more $$$, they inclide conveyancung,legal advise and financial claculation, all in one for selling and buying process- 3-5% comms ok!

My pty agent fren have to pay yearly CEA fee, insurance fee/ attend stipulated CPD hours and clocking 3 sales to survive, not factoring in advert fees, transportation, mobile fee etc

one bad apple does not equate the lot load is bad, in every industry here in sunny Sp, every self-emloyed trades are same same, since we eat the rice harvesting ny our great grand-father, dun U agree ?

3-5% but what are the property prices like over there?

Turbocharged

Study like sh*t to get good PSLE grades to get into a good Sec school. Then study again like sh*t to do well in O-Levels to get into a good JC. Then study like sh*t again to do well in A-Levels to get into Law school. The study again like sh*t to graduate. Then work and study like sh*t to pass the Bar. Then invest heaps of $$ to open a legal practice & run it. This whole long road and they charge $2.5k in conveyancing fees and have to keep the case on file for a few years. For a $1M property, that's only 0.25% in fees.

Powderful negotiator (or whatever fancy names they give themselves) onli has to pass O-level, sit for the salesperson exam and expects to collect 2% comm......? [laugh][laugh] No wonder our tiny island has over 30,000 agents!

TBF to them. Lawyer have better high income stablility and are recession proof as even bankrupt, you need lawyer.

U are not wrong to say the least, it's a free market to be a pty agent, nothing2 do with Qualification, Now the luxury market is DEAD and BURIED, not everyday is SUNDAY, whereby 10M changed hand like changing underwear, if one think its so easi to sell landed, go try it out yourself.

I have to reduce my asking price for my apt last mth, as landlord we have to be realistic too, if my agent dun work, he/she can kenna from me, In addition, I pay their salary on par with market practice, so thy know me better than fly by nite agt.

There is nothng wrong to be a salesman, the only wrong is trying to cheat, rob and steal.

Thy earn their right to comms, it's negotiable between owner and agent. gone are the days of fly by nite agt, wih CEA coming on board, I'm sure the market will b in order.

3-5% are in London, European countries, like France, Italy. NOt too sure about others...

American states can varies fm 2-6%, all depends on what real estate agent can offer for you, for instance, serving a foreigner sourcing leasing apts, checking bank loan for PR and immigrant permits, documentation/ logistic etc

agents will tell u min 2% according to "blah-blah-blah" (BS one)

mkt norm for pte is 1% (incl any co-broke comm)

and there's no such thing as a "standard" commission as that's been outlawed by CCS. if the agent produce any "documents" to show that they are entitled to charge 2%, report it to CEA.

i once paid 0.5% (incl GST).

To each his own, U pay peanut, U get money, No offence !

I'm always a good landlord n intend to be tis way- I pay market rate comms, I get many agents working for my pty. win/win for me.

Why be stingy, if one can afford it, the longer one delay to lease, L/L loses more. Time is money hor!

Supersonic

To each his own, U pay peanut, U get money, No offence !

I'm always a good landlord n intend to be tis way- I pay market rate comms, I get many agents working for my pty. win/win for me.

Why be stingy, if one can afford it, the longer one delay to lease, L/L loses more. Time is money hor!

gee, a bit presumptuous here aren't we?

(edited)

Am I the only property agent here?....haha

The market rate is 1-2% comm. Its negotiable lah.

Ive done it for free cos owner sell house to pay for hospital bills, divorce cases where all money spent on lawyer fees, some with bad debts and cant afford to pay comm, etc.

I dont mind helping if its not taking too much time and since I love my job so much loh.

Market now is slow, so we are living on the savings from good times.

Anyone got questions I try to answer bah.

Edited by Rogersk8ter

In truth there's no 'fixed' commission. Most important is get an agent you can trust and you feel is worth paying for.

And don't be a ngeow chee if agent has really done work for you.

seen different agents with different capabilities.... the lousy one are just depending on their luck to close a deal. The good ones make a difference. their network, the way they work, you understand why they are doing well. results speak more than words

gee, a bit presumptuous here aren't we?

i say screw agents......farking hopeless...no worse than car dealers..used ones....WTF

However, lucky i chanced upon an old trusted fren, who i bought cars from. She now in property...i can trust her or rather she is fit to earn the comm.....cos she does her work...

is like that, i give $$$ to someone i know, i happier rather than some stranger who calls me.....

dunno how many kens f by me these few days haggling over my properties.....idiots

↡ Advertisement