Jaguar XF 2.2 diesel

Siewss

I'm considering taking the untrodden path of diesel powered vehicle, and one of the more attractive propositions out there is the Jaguar XF diesel.

Top speed: 230 kmh

Acceleration: 0-100 kmh in 8.5 seconds

Fuel consumption: 18 km/l

CO2 emissions: 149 g/km

Engine: 2.2 litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit, 190 horsepower (PS) and 450 Nm.

Transmission: ZF eight-speeders

Of course, there's the usual concern regarding diesel fuel quality in our neighbouring country, and the famed reliability issues which accompany every Jaguar model. Detractors aside, what the general opinion in owning this car?

↡ Advertisement

I'm considering taking the untrodden path of diesel powered vehicle, and one of the more attractive propositions out there is the Jaguar XF diesel.

Top speed: 230 kmh

Acceleration: 0-100 kmh in 8.5 seconds

Fuel consumption: 18 km/l

CO2 emissions: 149 g/km

Engine: 2.2 litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit, 190 horsepower (PS) and 450 Nm.

Transmission: ZF eight-speeders

Of course, there's the usual concern regarding diesel fuel quality in our neighbouring country, and the famed reliability issues which accompany every Jaguar model. Detractors aside, what the general opinion in owning this car?

I test drove the XF 2.2D last year, and wasn't impressed with the acceleration from standstill. Maybe you should test drive both the 2.0T and also 2.2D, and feel for yourself.

Selling your MPS or buying third car? Might be slower than your MPS but if you drive a lot, there could be substantial savings considering road taxes on diesel makes have dropped substantially.

You can leave with the diesel clatter or they have solved the issue?

I test drove the XF 2.2D last year, and wasn't impressed with the acceleration from standstill. Maybe you should test drive both the 2.0T and also 2.2D, and feel for yourself.

8.5s to the century isn't too bad, but I suppose that requires stomping the pedal. E-throttle may solve part of the problem. I'll go test drive to experience the difference.

Selling your MPS or buying third car? Might be slower than your MPS but if you drive a lot, there could be substantial savings considering road taxes on diesel makes have dropped substantially.

You can leave with the diesel clatter or they have solved the issue?

I plan to trade in. The MPS has been a marvellous travel companion and I'm loathe to part with it. The Mazda 6 2.2 turbodiesel has been receiving raved reviews but I'm just that little more keen to go for a brand change.

There are loads of writeups on the XF diesel, and most mentioned the diesel clatter's pretty muted. Even the MPS' direct injectiion comes with a slight valve chatter. Frankly, my main concern still lies with reliability.

Hi there I drive jaguar XJL. To b honest I don't find the ride of jaguar impressive! May b u should give the new Lexus GS a try. I had the LS460 b4 and I must tell u it is a better car in terms of comfort and reliability. Till now, I still don't trust European cars.

Let me throw my opinion on the 2.2. Look at my avatar and you think I am prejudiced, however I am really happy with my Jag.

Pro:

- the looks kill. Go for black pack.

- euro 5 has tax rebate

- FC in real city life is 6-7.5L /100km

- the 450Nm torque is useful, especially on the go

- the reliability is really good for XF. Think my sampling size is good enough

Con:

- the diesel chatter but when in the car no prob. Already one of the quietest 4 cyl diesel

- cannot pump full tank bolehland diesel

- don't expect cheap maintenance but hey which premium conti maintenance is cheap

I plan to trade in. The MPS has been a marvellous travel companion and I'm loathe to part with it. The Mazda 6 2.2 turbodiesel has been receiving raved reviews but I'm just that little more keen to go for a brand change.

There are loads of writeups on the XF diesel, and most mentioned the diesel clatter's pretty muted. Even the MPS' direct injectiion comes with a slight valve chatter. Frankly, my main concern still lies with reliability.

I just went for a test drive on the XF 2.2D last Sunday with my brother in law. The ride comfort, pickup and torque was good, very minimal clattering sound in the cabin. Definitely worth considering.

My only gripe was their trade in service wasn't to appealing. We were talking to the SE about my brother in law's Merc C180 1.6 turbo which he bought about 6 months ago for $188k. The best they could take it in for was $110k-$120k?? Seems like the SE wants to earn on both transactions. Either that or it it really the market rate is that bad now?

Let me throw my opinion on the 2.2. Look at my avatar and you think I am prejudiced, however I am really happy with my Jag.

Pro:

- euro 5 has tax rebate

Con:

- the diesel chatter but when in the car no prob. Already one of the quietest 4 cyl diesel

- don't expect cheap maintenance but hey which premium conti maintenance is cheap

- In Petrol station pump together with lorries

this one someone told me before LOL

I just went for a test drive on the XF 2.2D last Sunday with my brother in law. The ride comfort, pickup and torque was good, very minimal clattering sound in the cabin. Definitely worth considering.

My only gripe was their trade in service wasn't to appealing. We were talking to the SE about my brother in law's Merc C180 1.6 turbo which he bought about 6 months ago for $188k. The best they could take it in for was $110k-$120k?? Seems like the SE wants to earn on both transactions. Either that or it it really the market rate is that bad now?

i dont think market that bad but i think is the dealer want to earn more to buffer their losses or boost their profit

Pro:

- euro 5 has tax rebate

Con:

24000km then go for servicing still got people complain about Jaguar XF diesel? Even if I have to pay S$2000 for the 24000km servicing, I will gladly pay it. Its such a cool and sleek car. The bonnet just oozed class compare to other continental cars which are as common as lorries now.

i dont think market that bad but i think is the dealer want to earn more to buffer their losses or boost their profit

My experience is Audi will offer lower trade in price, if you buy their A6.

That's kind of absurd trade-in value isn't it? Or they not interested in trade-ins, only want straight buyers?

We have to look at the brand new C180 price (after overtrade, if any). If the current new car is going for $30K less (due to COE drop), we will have to drop another 20%+, for a 6- months old car, finally, the dealers will also need to factor in expected further drop in COE and their margin.

Pro:

- euro 5 has tax rebate

Con:

Can I know if its ok to top up the tank in Malaysia? I heard something like the diesel grade there isn't good for our diesel cars. I am really considering a preowned XF 2.2 or an Audi A6 2.0 MU, at this moment XF really appeals to me.

Can I know if its ok to top up the tank in Malaysia? I heard something like the diesel grade there isn't good for our diesel cars. I am really considering a preowned XF 2.2 or an Audi A6 2.0 MU, at this moment XF really appeals to me.

If you are looking at preown, the Wearnes 3.0D XFS is a good value for money

Many new cars appear to have dropped price slightly. But if you have say a <5yrs old car to trade in, resale value is crazy!

No dealer dare to take in cars these days with such volatile market.

Be it XF, XJ, XK or latest F-Type, they all look gorgeous!!! I never have thought i will drop into a Jaguar showroom. But after the last visit, very tempted...

↡ Advertisement