Jaguar XF 2.2 diesel

Siewss

Can i ask, what is the diff between all these XF models? They got S, D, RS, etc...some 2.0, 3.0, 2.2D and even 5.0V8.....but all look the same to me leh?

I'm more into the latest face lift with sleeker head light (without the bump on its headlight)

If you are looking at preown, the Wearnes 3.0D XFS is a good value for money

↡ Advertisement

Can i ask, what is the diff between all these XF models? They got S, D, RS, etc...some 2.0, 3.0, 2.2D and even 5.0V8.....but all look the same to me leh?

I'm more into the latest face lift with sleeker head light (without the bump on its headlight)

Register in www.jaguarclubsg.com and you will know in a jiffy.

(edited)

Wearnes clearing stocks, for the XF2.2D: $189999 (according to ST today). Probably cheapest amoung similar class in OMV

Edited by Passat57

What's you guys point of view of a 25 yr old guy driving a jaguar XF?? Was thinking to get one due to its good exterior and classy look.. However many people say jaguar is for uncle or retired people drive one.. Is jaguar suitable for youngster?

(edited)

What's you guys point of view of a 25 yr old guy driving a jaguar XF?? Was thinking to get one due to its good exterior and classy look.. However many people say jaguar is for uncle or retired people drive one.. Is jaguar suitable for youngster?

I think if a 25 yrs young man driving a XF or 5-series or A6 or E class, ppl may think that he is driving his dad's car. But if you like it, why not? You are paying and driving it. No need to worry wat other ppl think. Jaguar owners are usually unique from the general crowd. They buy Jaguar not because it is cheap, or has good resale value, or easy to maintain, or their neighbours are driving it.

Edited by Passat57

(edited)

The age group of jaguar owners is dropping especially for XF, XK and F Type. There quite number of early 30 driving one now, some 20+.

Interestingly I used to see less than 10 jaguars on the in a year. Now I easily see five on road (a day) when I am driving. :D

Edited by Fourth

as long as you can afford it, why not? so many mercs and bmws on the road already.

I almost bought the S-type when I was 25, exactly 10 years ago. Really loved the car - they were even giving out plasma TV - just nice for my new house.

Wife seriously disagreed and ended up with an alfa - dunno what I missed, but loved the alfa anyway.

just go for it. it's what you like, it's your own money.

just go for it. it's what you like, it's your own money.

Own money but if wife strongly disagree.....

who in right mind will go against. [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I think its easy for a 25yr young exec to choose the BMW or Merc brand. Be it 3 series/5 series or C/E Class. I guess to be fair, these are fabulous cars and comes with the prestige some people craves for... So nothing wrong choosing them. In fact, there are so many of them on the roads I think I see more German marques than Japanese cars in CBD nowadays...

"What's you guys point of view of a 25 yr old guy driving a jaguar XF"

Brudder, I'd think - man, this chap has the $ and the "balls"! British cars all famously (or notoriously) pricey. They are also very unique. They are also very traditional with long heritage which the British stuck to over the years. Unlike many "continental" makes which assemble their cars in Thailand, Mexico, South Africa etc, almost all British cars kept faith in building their own.

Despite BMW ownership, Mini remains a thoroughly British brand and all of its models

Neutral Newbie

These XF models (2.0, 3.0, 2.2D and 5.0 V8) are different variants not unlike E200, E250, E350 and E63 AMG for Mercedes.

Basically they are about the same cars, fitted with different engines and some alterations like exhaust systems and body-styling.

The 2.2D can now be compared to the (just launched) E250 CDI. They are diesel engines powered. Diesel is like the new future... Almost every maker is introducing diesel variants nowadays.

For XF 5.0 V8, that's actually the XFR version. We are talking about supercharged V8 engines here, with >500bhp and >600nm torque. You should get the same monstrous specs with the Mercedes AMGs...

↡ Advertisement