Jaguar XF 2.2 diesel

Siewss

Not many can afford the clatter sound

think of the long run..... price range is around 160k onward. there r so many CAT B buyers sure they can afford. just that they are not be educate or understand how diesel works. all they can think of it , sound like teksi and very no face value.,,,, misconception

↡ Advertisement

6th Gear

Anyone know where the dip stick is? Or do we need a special tool for it? There is something that look like the dip stick, but its just a cover.

Anyone know where the dip stick is? Or do we need a special tool for it? There is something that look like the dip stick, but its just a cover.

There is a electronic indicator to check. Not using dipstick.

6th Gear

There is a electronic indicator to check. Not using dipstick.

That's kind of unreliable. I wanted to check the viscosity of the engine oil after about 10k mileage. Looks like I gotta do it the messy method.

That's kind of unreliable. I wanted to check the viscosity of the engine oil after about 10k mileage. Looks like I gotta do it the messy method.

Not sure what you mean.

1) Ensure that engine was not turned on for past 10 mins.

2) You on the car, without turning on the engine.

3) Flip side knob beside steering wheel to see oil level.

6th Gear

Not sure what you mean.

1) Ensure that engine was not turned on for past 10 mins.

2) You on the car, without turning on the engine.

3) Flip side knob beside steering wheel to see oil level.

I mean I wanna look at how sludgy the engine oil would be since they recommended 24k engine oil change, most of the owners in sg jag forum said they change their engine oil every 10-15k km cause I dunno they are kiasu or skeptical about the the service recommendations. My friend in his vios never change engine oil for 30k km and the workshop had a hard time trying to flush the sludge out of the engine.

I mean I wanna look at how sludgy the engine oil would be since they recommended 24k engine oil change, most of the owners in sg jag forum said they change their engine oil every 10-15k km cause I dunno they are kiasu or skeptical about the the service recommendations. My friend in his vios never change engine oil for 30k km and the workshop had a hard time trying to flush the sludge out of the engine.

It is 24k or one year, whichever come first. You can consider to change it earlier and see lo. Surely better than Vios. Most conti oil change is longer. I think 15k for Volvo and 20k for BMW?

24k km is ok but dont be late cos jaguar offer free servicing thus they want to maximise the oil mileage to reduce their cost. So Its better to change before 24k km.

6th Gear

24k km is ok but dont be late cos jaguar offer free servicing thus they want to maximise the oil mileage to reduce their cost. So Its better to change before 24k km.

Free?! Now that's something I don't know.

Free?! Now that's something I don't know.

Thats what i got quote from jaguar 1-2 years ago not sure about now. Free oil free servicing for 3 years. U dont know meh?

6th Gear

Thats what i got quote from jaguar 1-2 years ago not sure about now. Free oil free servicing for 3 years. U dont know meh?

I guess thats not applicable to promotional events then.

Yes everything free for 3 years. Nothing from pocket in the 3 years. [thumbsup]

Yes everything free for 3 years. Nothing from pocket in the 3 years. [thumbsup]

I nearly fell for their tricks haha

Yah but maybe u can push the salesman to give this free servicing for u

think of the long run..... price range is around 160k onward. there r so many CAT B buyers sure they can afford. just that they are not be educate or understand how diesel works. all they can think of it , sound like teksi and very no face value.,,,, misconception

More than half of Europeans are already using Diesel engines for their cars. Amazingly a large portion of Singaporeans still think that diesel cars means you will have to bear the typical clatter sounds that comes out from diesel taxis.

It can only be heard when standing outside of car and most of the time, the insulation inside the cabin is pretty good and drivers plus passengers can't really hear much of the clatter sound.

More than half of Europeans are already using Diesel engines for their cars. Amazingly a large portion of Singaporeans still think that diesel cars means you will have to bear the typical clatter sounds that comes out which sounds like typical diesel taxis.

It can only be heard when standing outside of car and most of the time, the insulation inside the cabin is pretty good and drivers plus passengers can't really hear much of the clatter sound.

Porsche is even better - 5 years free maintenance and warranty!

Wah sei! Next round buy Porsche! [laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

I nearly fell for their tricks haha

Yah but maybe u can push the salesman to give this free servicing for u

How is it a trick? [confused][:(]

Free free free, it's free of charge!

↡ Advertisement