"suspended

Jman888

(edited)

The below article has been circulating in FB and LBW say she wants to explore if this concept can work in singapore?

Understood there are many homeless people who needs a cup of hot coffee in winter or cold weather in the Europe counties. so is she saying that singapore has many beggars and homeless?

But i like the idea that the rice donation drive at NTUC last month, you pay for another pack of 5kg rice and they will send it to CDAC and distribute to the old and low income families.

为穷人预付咖啡钱 本地可行吗?

02/04/2013on 联合晚报by 黄贝盈

预付咖啡钱,让穷人免费喝!李美花探讨在区内这么做。

最近面簿掀起

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

A lovely idea, but i have a suspicion that we'll be finding more people asking for suspended coffee/tea/sandwiches/meals than people paying for them. I won't be suprised if some of the people asking for this suspended food will turn up in cars and bring their own plastic bags to tapao extra.

suspended char kway teow

suspended economy rice

suspended chicken rice

suspended fishball noodles

A lovely idea, but i have a suspicion that we'll be finding more people asking for suspended coffee/tea/sandwiches/meals than people paying for them. I won't be suprised if some of the people asking for this suspended food will turn up in cars and bring their own plastic bags to tapao extra.

the poor and homeless in those countries are desperate and would ask for hand out.

people is asia probably still think of 'face' and would not ask, and yes, many who went to claim the 'freebie' usually are not so desperate, of course we can't judge from how they dress and the 'car' they drive -_- -_- .

The below article has been circulating in FB and LBW say she wants to explore if this concept can work in singapore?

Understood there are many homeless people who needs a cup of hot coffee in winter or cold weather in the Europe counties. so is she saying that singapore has many beggars and homeless?

But i like the idea that the rice donation drive at NTUC last month, you pay for another pack of 5kg rice and they will send it to CDAC and distribute to the old and low income families.

为穷人预付咖啡钱 本地可行吗?

02/04/2013on 联合晚报by 黄贝盈

预付咖啡钱,让穷人免费喝!李美花探讨在区内这么做。

最近面簿掀起

Got to trust the integrity of the shop owner to honor the 'suspended' coffee.

apparently this is initiate by the owner himself (who probably own this small cafe), i believe not only he honor the paid coffee, he will probably honor many unpaid ones.

the poor and homeless in those countries are desperate and would ask for hand out.

people is asia probably still think of 'face' and would not ask, and yes, many who went to claim the 'freebie' usually are not so desperate, of course we can't judge from how they dress and the 'car' they drive -_- -_- .

I think the "gian png-ness" of singaporeans has been suitably demonstrated in the past whenever there are freebies/special offers involved, face or no face. We are famous for being kiasu after all and this is one of the manifestations of it. No reason to expect any different now.

do we trusts the integrity of the kopi seller???

another improvement to it....

we pay full price for kopi where 70% for suspended kopi. This way all share the good work [idea]

Hypersonic
(edited)

apparently this is initiate by the owner himself (who probably own this small cafe), i believe not only he honor the paid coffee, he will probably honor many unpaid ones.

I mean if applied to singapore, we really have to place our trust in the shop owner's integrity to honor it for the next poor person.

Edited by Ender

I mean if applied to singapore, we really have to place our trust in the shop owner's integrity to honor it for the next poor person.

the pre-paid to shop owner will never work here (sorry, not a very trustworthy society! [:(] ) but the concept can extended to other form, like the rice donation by NTUC and CDAC which i mentioned. Then again, how to reach out to the REAL needy families cannot be 100% too.

Hypersonic

the pre-paid to shop owner will never work here (sorry, not a very trustworthy society! [:(] ) but the concept can extended to other form, like the rice donation by NTUC and CDAC which i mentioned. Then again, how to reach out to the REAL needy families cannot be 100% too.

In similar way the Boys Brigade Sharity have been organised yearly before Christmas time, where we can buy can food and rice from NTUC and dropped it just outside immediately. But rice has always been a popular donors item in this program..

Which is why I decline to donate to organizations like Community Chest, etc.

I'd rather give S$10 to the auntie who is selling packets of tissue paper.

Ok lah .. only given once $10 .. most of the time, it's either $2 or $4 [:p]

They can carelessly spend the money on beer, cigarettes, etc - I do not care.

Once I've given them the money, it's theirs to spend as they deem fit.

Our "trust" index is at the lowest point in history.

In SG we can only have suspended license, suspended court, suspended jail term [laugh] [laugh]

I think it is workable idea, it like karma. Doing good deed it is better to give then take. Furthermore our kopi is cheaper then the ang moh cafe type. Lastly it is better then giving the guy $2

I think it is workable idea, it like karma. Doing good deed it is better to give then take. Furthermore our kopi is cheaper then the ang moh cafe type. Lastly it is better then giving the guy $2

the kopi here with condense milk, drink too much they get diabetes how? :huh:

↡ Advertisement