Malaysia PM Dissolves Parliament to Hold Elections

Deckbuild

Supersonic

thanks all!!!... thank you thank you... appreciate it...

ahemmm....u running against najib izit? :D

↡ Advertisement

why you ask this question in Singapore ?

cos we just got news that my eldest uncle who is a msian just had being diagnose with liver cancer and lung cancer... his lungs left 20%... heard his condition is not too good... :( so we need to make a trip up... im helping family to plan end april or May 1st - 6th... looks like need to cancel... sure chaotic and the jam will be very jialiat... dunno whether he can vote or not... that side of my family are all msian...

:)

No lah... Najib is bagus leh... msia custom now so fast clear cos he wanted to speed up efficiency over msia custom and i think i did see improvements :wub: .. on the other hand sometimes i get stuck at sg custom then msia custom clear very fast and coming back i get stuck at both custom cos sg custom very slow so back flow to msia haha... honestly i feel that msia custom clear faster leh... maybe its my lousy feelings.... [:p]

Supercharged

No lah... Najib is bagus leh... msia custom now so fast clear cos he wanted to speed up efficiency over msia custom and i think i did see improvements :wub: .. on the other hand sometimes i get stuck at sg custom then msia custom clear very fast and coming back i get stuck at both custom cos sg custom very slow so back flow to msia haha... honestly i feel that msia custom clear faster leh... maybe its my lousy feelings.... [:p]

Just because Malayisa custom faster so you wanna vote for BN ?

i not msian cannot vote...

voting is a secret cannot say leh.... but im trying to highlight a contrast here of sg and my... if you get it, you will know what i mean hehe :ph34r:

cos we just got news that my eldest uncle who is a msian just had being diagnose with liver cancer and lung cancer... his lungs left 20%... heard his condition is not too good... :( so we need to make a trip up... im helping family to plan end april or May 1st - 6th... looks like need to cancel... sure chaotic and the jam will be very jialiat... dunno whether he can vote or not... that side of my family are all msian...

dun vote also won't die, have they taken the 'ang bao' money? :huh:

heard the ang bao money... they can 'accidentally' send all the envelopes to the wrong house... *puke blood hahaha... dunno if they collect liao or not... the administration say they cannot take the money cos the system got the 'wrong' house address tag to their nric...

Supercharged

i not msian cannot vote...

voting is a secret cannot say leh.... but im trying to highlight a contrast here of sg and my... if you get it, you will know what i mean hehe :ph34r:

Not true entirely. Sometimes its Malaysia side that is slow... it all depends on timing.

Supercharged

Maybe no jam at Causeway...because most Singaporeans will try to avoid going in during polling day....

Yes I do sound like a Malaysian I guess this is an outflow of what has happen to me from conversing with them on a daily basis as this is how they speak and write in emails, maybe only to me :) ... My work demand that I work 60% of my time in Malaysia.. KL and Johor in general. Unfortunately only a handful of Malaysians are well verse in speaking in English, usually Malaysians from KL are able to understand and converse in English better.

As for Johor, most of the time they speak in Mandarin. It is generally more difficult to find people who are working closely with me in Johor, are able to converse comfortably in English, unless they are the business owners which is usually the case and they were most likely educated in the English language in the 1960-70s.. Even Malaysian Chinese who are not educated in KL or Penang especially those presently in their twenties and thirties are the result of Malaysia changing Malay as a first language, but ex-PM Abdullah changed that when he was serving office to use English as their first language. In the past only English papers are set in English, now most of their papers are set in English. So the younger generation of Malaysian are still able to understand and converse confidently in English. This information came from a teacher that I met when I was out having lunch in KL. That explain the gap in their use of languages. I really really love working with Malaysians, they are hardworking and intelligent, only barrier is them being unfamiliar with English. (applicable only to those in their 20s and 30s)

Well the main bulk of my work involves me working closely with the ground level staff that usually speak to me in Mandarin, or simple English, mainly to their branch office or factories located in Johor... When I first came on this job, I totally cannot speak Mandarin at all, but was forced to learn, and I know even the Mandarin I use is also condemn...

I do have to meet clients and 30% of them are ang moh. I am required to work closely with suppliers in China, therefore, sometimes I write the way I write because that is how we converse to our vendors in China and Malaysia. I agree its bad English I love my job. But sometimes I feel confuse, like identity crisis, it is even worse when after a whole day on skype with vendors in China, and off I go for my dinner and it still feels like I am in a conference call in China..

After 3 years in my job, I am now a rojak... This is just me, I believe the rest of you are still sane and ok, but who knows what may happen after 10, years? hahahaaa...

Edited by Meganut

hahahaahaha... i think their main concern should be the bad traffic jam than the safety hahaa

Edited by Meganut

hahahaahaha... i think their main concern should be the bad traffic jam than the safety hahaa

my only concern is actually the jam at the causeway........ [:p]

Supercharged

my only concern is actually the jam at the causeway........ [:p]

I believe most Singaporeans will avoid going in that weekend. So going in should not be jam, but coming out on Sunday maybe will.

Those SG cars going in will probably be driven by SPR going in to vote. So most will drive back on Sunday afternoon and night after casting their votes.

Supercharged

Polling on a sunday?! :blink:

So it means the following Monday is a public holiday ???

↡ Advertisement