HDB installing CCTV cameras to spot illegal parking

Darthrevan

ST_20130404_RSCCTV04_3596820e.jpg

First it was the Land Transport Authority. Now the Housing Board is installing closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to deter illegal parking.

It plans to put them up near service roads and loading bays around HDB carparks in areas including Bedok, Toa Payoh and Sengkang.

Motorists parking illegally will face fines ranging from $25 to $200, depending on vehicle type.

An HDB spokesman told The Straits Times the cameras will be installed in 55 areas from the second quarter of this year.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...arking-20130404

↡ Advertisement

support !!

I only 1/2 support ... -_-

cos... at certain places (my working place) there are no open parking around the HDB blocks and MSCP is about 400 meters away from the coffee shop. Usually park along the main road or HDB loading/unloading bays to buy 'teh-si' kosong. If installed, I have to forgo my favourite 'teh-si' kosong stall .... [:(]

Recently, traffic warden also frequent the main road with camera snapping away happily ... :o

(edited)

According to newspapers, Toa Payoh estate is one of those going to install first .... [sweatdrop]

I'm staying in Toa Payoh area and my office in Sengkang area... double <_<<_<

Edited by Picnic06

(edited)

deter illegal parking near service roads & loading bays ? hiazzz we already have IPHONE , GALAXY & STOMP liao mah .

MSCP more nonsense happening in there & also can monitor Aunty Fatimah got EAT SNAKE boh... my thoughts only [:p]

Edited by TMR11

Turbocharged

Hmmm... it will also be a good move to monitor all those "handicap" parking lots then. See if the car contains any genuinely handicapped people or not??

I think loading/unloading bay is also a good place to put cameras. Some people driving commercial vehicles also like to park there although no genuine loading/unloading activities being done.

It may also protect drivers (of normal vehicles, e.g. cars) who have genuine case of unloading/loading to do, in places which are only served by MSCP. I have been fined before by over-enthusiastic enforcement officers while unloading heavy items after a shopping trip - just because I was not driving a lorry, I think! But got the fines waived, luckily. If there was camera footage, would've been easier for them to check.

If that the case, will SingPost re-install their 'Post Box' in HDB areas ?

Most of them along main road and with camera, how to post whilst stopping by the road side.... [:(]

waiting is can la..

parking is cannot

Supersonic

Mcsp is legal parking Liao mah [confused]

If you park your car in the washing point consider illegal parking liao.

↡ Advertisement