Carnoob

HDB - PUBLIC or PROFIT  

73 members have voted

1. 1. HDB is not PUBLIC HOUSING anymore

• Yes
    • No
    • What the hack - Go LISTED like SMRT

Supercharged

Public Transport is all abt profit, will Public Housing ends up the same? Has HDB answers the cost of building a flat and how much is their margin?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Didn't govermnet said they made LOSS from sales of HDB?

HDB makes huge losses because they pay huge money to SLA for the lands

it's left pocket to right pocket

if gahmen says both HDB and SLA make losses, i'll be very surprised

Supercharged

Make loss bcos they consider the sale of each flat as market subsidy mah.

One bto sell at $150,000 discount to resale price. Every year sell 25,000 bto ......... multiply by at least 100k each lor.

OMG.

Thatz 2.5B a year ............................. HDB should be broke by now.

:D

Yes. You blame hdb also no use.

Supersonic

Gosh, hasn't this topic been talked to death?........and back.......and death again?

Gosh, hasn't this topic been talked to death?........and back.......and death again?

and now ..............it is BACK!!!! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

People themselves , make money by renting their flats. They happily keep quiet. When HDB profit from the people. People complain.

So to be fair, I would sugget no renting out of HDB flats. And HDB should not profit from building. For PRs, they should only allow to sell back to HDB at their discount rate to the general market. This will finally bring price down substantially. -_- -_-

PS :Think I should bring this up, during the next grass root meet up. [rolleyes]

Edited by HP_Lee

(edited)

Are you sure????

let see an example

duxton. 2004 1st ballot!! range $350k to $451k by end 2005 92% take up rate. not 100% due to race quata issue mainly.

2nd launch 2008 to 2009 there abt. $550k

then there is still units left thus 2010 $600k and above.

last launch 22 units there abt left in 2012 guess the price?!?!?

go as high as $700k+

http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/viewtopic...=pinnacleduxton

if HDB really people shelter shouldn't the release price from HDB maintain

$350k-$451k since that was their "cost" then??

by moving "OLDER HDB" inline with property market isn't HDB setting the min. pricing for private property :)

HDB let go final Duxton at $750k, Tiong Baru and queentown see liao hmm... ok our resale should be $1mm then!!!

Private see HDB at SGD$1mm wow like that my private no way I go below $1.5mm..... so what property cooling measure??? HDB set the baseline of SG property.

who is the real benefits?? people who own 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc properties!! not 1 property owners.. so normally people who have 7 figures pay check owns lotsa property [lipsrsealed]

well that my opinion can be BS like I always say [laugh] dun quote me [:p]

Edited by D3badge

People themselves , make money by renting their flats. They happily keep quiet. When HDB profit from the people. People complain.

So to be fair, I would sugget no renting out of HDB flats. And HDB should not profit from building. For PRs, they should only allow to sell back to HDB at their discount rate to the general market. This will finally bring price down substantially. -_- -_-

PS :Think I should bring this up, during the next grass root meet up. [rolleyes]

People who make money from housing sales & rent keep quiet, people who need to buy new housing make the noice, mainly....I think.

But all things considered, it is more important that people can afford housing (afterall, this is what promised when the government took away lands at a low price for public use). But now we are in a situation where there is no going back. Our economy will properly collapse if the properties value drop.

Only thing Government can do is limit the price growth.

(edited)

Rising property prices also reflects how well our economy is doing.

If property prices falls drastically probably means many ppl won't be able to afford a home too becoz of the poor economy.

Either way property prices are in a way expensive and not easy to afford. It will not or even going to be cheap, that's for sure.

Even though these are gov org I think it's important to make profit coz we cannot to rely on welfare. See country like Greece becoming in such a state. Let's say if HDB is not able to sustain itself coz of negative or little profits dan in order for it to survive for the sake of sgporeans dan they will have to use taxpayers money to keep going. We do not want this.

Edited by Watwheels

i dont understand how houses can escalate until like that.

land price is supposed to be constant for at least a few years what.. but we see yearly increases of HDB prices

(edited)

Simple

give a breakdown of the land cost, building cost, and subsidy given by government

how much SLA bought the piece of land for in the 60s, and how much SLA is selling to HDB now for building the flat (do a valuation of the land cost adjusted for inflation)

will solve all the mystery once and for all

Edited by Goldbug

For me at this point sure profit!!!!!!

Cos I'm stuck Liao

Min must last for nex 2 yrs!!!!!

But I tot last rd kbw

Mentioned something like

New bto owners pay lower price

Longer maturity n can't sell open mkt

Current flat owners not affected

IMO this is a gd point

It's fair ya

i dont understand how houses can escalate until like that.

land price is supposed to be constant for at least a few years what.. but we see yearly increases of HDB prices

IMO partly due to influx of foreigners

They need housing

Agents push it up for they r by %

Sellers also shiok

Sg buy bto

Y can't wait 4 yrs?

I dun understand

↡ Advertisement